The Student Room Group

Can we have a ban on muslim threads?

You know for like a week or something.
I actually think it will be better for the forum and allow us to talk about and debate about more than muslims.
Muslims threads tends to consist of ignorant trolls that all they want to do is argue and create an argument out of pretty much nothing.Then muslims feeding the ignorant trolls.
Whos with me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What the hell is a muslim thread?

Do you mean threads made by muslims, or threads about muslims?
Reply 2
Nope.

Report any that break the rules, ignore those you don't want to take part in.

Not hard.
Hmm. You don't like something, so you want it banned.

That logic usually works doesn't it?

If only you had the option to ignore it and only talk and debate about the things you want to...
I usually stay away from commenting on them but come on surely enoughs enough.
It gets boring after a while
Reply 5
Original post by muslimstanisyed
I usually stay away from commenting on them but come on surely enoughs enough.
It gets boring after a while

So ignore them.

There are thousands of new threads everyday, go join one of them.
Reply 6
I do not agree with any bans
I actually think it will be better for the forum and allow us to talk about and debate about more than muslims.
Muslims threads tends to consist of ignorant trolls that all they want to do is argue and create an argument out of pretty much nothing.Then muslims feeding the ignorant trolls.
Whos with me

You don't debate - you dictate and then refuse to reply when somebody batters you with an opposing argument you can't fault. That is not debating.
Original post by ivybridge
You don't debate - you dictate and then refuse to reply when somebody batters you with an opposing argument you can't fault. That is not debating.

ironic
just let them jack off over muslims in their threads in peace and ignore them. They aren't hurting anyone.
Original post by darkvibes
ironic

Look up the definition of irony. Not at all.
Original post by ivybridge
Look up the definition of irony. Not at all.

I think it is obvious that the islamophobes here cannot accept that muslims dont religiously preach the violence in Islam and dont believe in violence, even if they follow an ideology that does. So what exactly is necessary for discussion?
In the principle of free speech, I will say No. However, seeing that there are many Islamophobes on TSR, I will agree that threads like that should be banned. You will get banned for having anti-semetic, anti-gay, racist threads, why not Islamophobic ones?
Original post by Wired_1800
In the principle of free speech, I will say No. However, seeing that there are many Islamophobes on TSR, I will agree that threads like that should be banned. You will get banned for having anti-semetic, anti-gay, racist threads, why not Islamophobic ones?

The problem is these bigots say it isn't islamophobic even though it is
The problem is these bigots say it isn't islamophobic even though it is

Yes, it is. Sadly people will believe anything, even if the truth hits them on the head with a shovel.
Reply 15
Whos with me

Nope, deal with it. :h:
Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, it is. Sadly people will believe anything, even if the truth hits them on the head with a shovel.

Shame these mods dont take it down. There is an inherent fear of islam in this forum and repeating the same thing again and again is so meaningless and victimises the muslim community here. It's disgusting.
Shame these mods dont take it down. There is an inherent fear of islam in this forum and repeating the same thing again and again is so meaningless and victimises the muslim community here. It's disgusting.

To be fair, people tend to fear what they don't know or cannot understand. The Jews were feared in the 1930's migration to the US. There was palpable tension and visible xenophobic attacks against the Jewish communities. The sad thing is that history often repeats itself.
Whos with me

No.
The CT are in charge of the moderation of threads and answering reports.

If you see any threads or posts that break TSR rules, please use the report feature.

If you'd like to query any specific moderation action, please create a thread in Ask the CT and they will address this.

Quick Reply