The Student Room Group

Can we have a ban on muslim threads?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If we ban religious nonsense first then I'm all for it.
Original post by Good bloke
Certainly. In the six posts you made before my first post you used the following insults:

simple minded fools

These idiots

the bigots

ignorant trolls

simple minded

No longer being a moderator, I have no power to ban you, so I don't understand what you mean in your initial comment.

None of them were unsupported claims. Many would agree too. Besides, they aren't even 'personal insults', they werent directed towards a specific individual anyway, just generically referring to the trolls that litter the posters with their ignorance and dis-respectfulness. If you choose to be offended then idc.
Original post by darkvibes
There's no point really. but i have done so in the past.

Remain strong.
Original post by Wired_1800
Remain strong.

lool, there's no point really, these delusional idiots can believe what they want, they're not intelligent enough to engage in a meaningful argument and ultimately use TSR as a way of bringing out their hatred for Islam, knowing full well society wont accept their true feelings.
lool, there's no point really, these delusional idiots can believe what they want, they're not intelligent enough to engage in a meaningful argument and ultimately use TSR as a way of bringing out their hatred for Islam, knowing full well society wont accept their true feelings.

Not unsupported, you said.

Delusional? Really? How did you support that one?

And not intelligent enough?

No. I fear you are just throwing out insults, and not making any arguments at all.
People on here can get banned for several things which cross the rules, and constantly attacking a religious group can't be banned??
While I agree the debate threads on Islam can grow tiresome, I'm aware that view is subjective to my own opinions and censorship like banning them for a week would be worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to share that, even if some may contest it.
(edited 8 years ago)

No. I fear you are just throwing out insults, and not making any arguments at all.

Have a read of all my posts to see my argument and try again. Everything i have said is totally supported.
Muslims trying to censor criticism of Islam.

This is precisely why Islam deserves criticism.
Original post by ivybridge
You don't debate - you dictate and then refuse to reply when somebody batters you with an opposing argument you can't fault. That is not debating.

What relevance does this have to this thread?
We are not talking about the one interaction you have had with me.

Sorry to butt in.

Why are you going after this poster? They are not talking about anyone in particular, but just speaking from their experience. You seem to take their words personal, as if they were talking to you.
Original post by Wired_1800
In the principle of free speech, I will say No. However, seeing that there are many Islamophobes on TSR, I will agree that threads like that should be banned. You will get banned for having anti-semetic, anti-gay, racist threads, why not Islamophobic ones?

Exactly.
My main problem with these threads is that people dont even start Muslim threads to debate they do it to troll and it pretty much always starts and finishes in the same way.
Theres no substance in these threads.
Original post by KingBradly

'censor' isnt the appropriate word here. It sounds as if TSR has been lacking in criticism of Islam, which it isn't.

And a few muslims on TSR arent representative of the whole of Islam anyway.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Exactly.
My main problem with these threads is that people dont even start Muslim threads to debate they do it to troll and it pretty much always starts and finishes in the same way.
Theres no substance in these threads.

I think that if one does not like the content of a thread, they should not comment on it. Trolls feed on comments, whether negative or positive. All you have to do is ignore these sorts of threads. Soon, they get forgotten.
Original post by samina_ay
People on here can get banned for several things which cross the rules, and constantly attacking a religious group can't be banned??

Swat im saying.
'censor' isnt the appropriate word here. It sounds as if TSR has been lacking in criticism of Islam, which it isn't.

And a few muslims on TSR arent representative of the whole of Islam anyway.

Censor is inarguably the right word here.
What do you mean by that? You just prove the inherent racism on TSR, seems like some form of sick White Power agenda
Censor is inarguably the right word here.

Nothing wrong with a sensible discussion, which isnt happening on TSR
Original post by muslimstanisyed
What relevance does this have to this thread?
We are not talking about the one interaction you have had with me.

How is it relevant? Well, I apologise but clearly you cannot read your own typed writing.

I have had quite a few run-ins with you, lololol.
Reply 59
Is the ISOC a "muslim thread"? :hmmmm2:

A muslim trying to shut down criticism of his religion, is anyone even surprised anymore? :rolleyes:

Original post by samina_ay

People have rights, ideas do not.

No idea is above scrutiny, and no person is beneath dignity.

Exactly. The more they try to tell us what we can't do, e.g. draw Mo, satirise their beliefs etc, the more pertinent the threat on our core values - freedom of expression/speech - and thus the more people will want to do what they try to stop us doing. This is because we have to show these morons that they cannot coerce us into abrogating our core values to give effect to their sensitive and weak religious convictions.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest