The Student Room Group

Did Corbyn misreport his income in his tax return?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmNero
The normal MP pay is £70,000. He gets £125,000. Stick to GCSE politics kiddo.

Firstly I'm doing A-Levels (Old username), and secondly I said he earns less then OTHER British politicians.
Reply 21
Original post by Dinasaurus
So you think brexit is the way forward then? Because econometrically, maybe paying full taxes is the right way instead of just leaving it in Panama. Maybe?

Okay, you need to stop. We are talking about his income, not the brexit. Stop derailing the thread.
Reply 22
Original post by IGCSEKid
Firstly I'm doing A-Levels (Old username), and secondly I said he earns less then OTHER British politicians.

You are? Well you need to study current affairs better then!

And this statement is still wrong, he only earns less than the PM, who is only slightly more than him. Also, Corbyn has a tax funded car.
Corbyn is a working man and unlike Shameron, doesn't get expenses for a second home. All he used was for some ink.

I have no idea what you're babbling about.

The tax-free threshold is £11,000. Corbyn earned £70,000 at least in 2014/15
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
I have no idea what you're babbling about.

The tax-free threshold is £11,000. Corbyn earns £70,000 at least.

As Leader of the opposition his income is high enough to lose all of his allowance, and that's before throwing in other sources of income.
Original post by IAmNero
You are? Well you need to study current affairs better then!

And this statement is still wrong, he only earns less than the PM, who is only slightly more than him. Also, Corbyn has a tax funded car.

... and less than Osborne and Boris.
Reply 26
Original post by IAmNero
x

Your avatar tells us all we need to know about you.

Is earning a lot of money a bad thing?
Reply 27

Boris is the Mayor of London, Osbourne is Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Try again.
Original post by IAmNero
Boris is the Mayor of London, Osbourne is Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Try again.

Boris and Osbourne are still politicians.
so much uppity behaviour

Gideon hasn't got time for this
Gideon hasn't got time for this

LOL :laugh:
Reply 32
Boris and Osbourne are still politicians.

However, they play a significantly larger role too.
Expenses = Pay.

If Thatcher wasn't so greedy and trained Dodgy Dave to get non-dom status in Panama to get his dad's fortune, then maybe we'll be talking.

David Cameron isn't a non-Dom anywhere. What an absurd claim. All Cameron family profit from the business in Panama, a legitimate foreign investment, is fully taxed in the UK.
Every single pension invests in foreign hedge funds.

Now, the Guardian's parent company set up a shell-company in the Cayman's so it could avoid taxes on acquisitions. The BBC uses Dutch shell companies to shield commercial profits from HMRC. That's actual tax avoidance. A man investing in a hedge fund and putting it on his UK tax return isn't.
Original post by pol pot noodles
David Cameron isn't a non-Dom anywhere. What an absurd claim. All Cameron family profit from the business in Panama, a legitimate foreign investment, is fully taxed in the UK.
Every single pension invests in foreign hedge funds.

Now, the Guardian's parent company set up a shell-company in the Cayman's so it could avoid taxes on acquisitions. The BBC uses Dutch shell companies to shield commercial profits from HMRC. That's actual tax avoidance. A man investing in a hedge fund and putting it on his UK tax return isn't.

If Cameron is legitimate then why was resigncameron trending on twitter?

I hate to defend the man but if he's legitimate, the resigncameron hashtag may simply due to a misunderstanding. Movements, even internet trends, are not necessarily veracious. They can be inherently flawed.

Because of people like you, literally. Left wing activists don't exactly have a high standard of proof when it comes to condemning Tories. In this case simply the word 'offshore' coupled with sensationalist Guardian journalism is all it took to set of this 'trend'.

Because "Twitter and Britain aren't the same thing"

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are a lot of hysteria-fuelled retards around............
Oh yes an overstating of an extravagant £250 from lectures, what an absolute disgrace.

Quick Reply

Latest