The Student Room Group

Calling all Green Party Outers

The Green party Leave campaign has been set up; called Green Leaves. Please get in contact or post below if you'd be interested in joining!

Scroll to see replies

Put a link up
Original post by ODES_PDES
Put a link up

The website is in the final draft stage, we are just compiling a list of supporters atm. We're currently working with Baroness Jenny Jones and the mayor of Lancaster so if you're interested in joining message me :smile:
if the green party is meant to be a party that promotes democracy then I am really puzzled why it was apparently "unanimous" that the green party members all voted to support remaining in the EU...
Only a select number of members were consulted; mostly at the top of the leadership who want to stay in so they can preserve the Green seats as MEP's; as we struggle for representation elsewhere.

Nevertheless, many Greens want to leave so why should they have their voices quashed? The EU stands for in the way of everything the green party wants to achieve; it is simply a self serving gravy train which prioritises the voice of big business above normal citizens.
Original post by The_Dragon_
Only a select number of members were consulted; mostly at the top of the leadership who want to stay in so they can preserve the Green seats as MEP's; as we struggle for representation elsewhere.

Nevertheless, many Greens want to leave so why should they have their voices quashed? The EU stands for in the way of everything the green party wants to achieve; it is simply a self serving gravy train which prioritises the voice of big business above normal citizens.

Just think though, do you want your workers rights and environmental laws left to Osborne or Boris?
Weren't you lot some of the ones who've spent the last two decades calling everyone who even suggested that leaving the EU might be a good idea ignorant, small-minded bigots?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Weren't you lot some of the ones who've spent the last two decades calling everyone who even suggested that leaving the EU might be a good idea ignorant, small-minded bigots?

No, that was David Cameron :wink:

There are d**kheads in every party, don't tar us all with the same brush :wink:
Good point here. People from all across politics want to leave the EU, it isn't a left-right issue (in fact, the EU forbids state ownership of businesses and Jeremy Corbyn has been calling for a referendum for decades).
Original post by Davij038
No, that was David Cameron :wink:

Touché. Though "as well" is more fitting
There are d**kheads in every party, don't tar us all with the same brush :wink:

Fair enough.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again"
The Green party Leave campaign has been set up; called Green Leaves.

Of all the names. :lol:
Original post by Hydeman
Of all the names. :lol:

Most original and funny one so far :biggrin:
The Green party Leave campaign has been set up; called Green Leaves.

I think it should be called GOUT. It has a ring to it and it's an accurate description.

These are some reasons why a Green may want to leave the EU.

Spoiler

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Spoiler

If I were a green party support I would be worried that:
The eu doesn't take referendums about austerity seriously, eg Greece.
Their regulation gives TNCs a huge advantage over small businesses.

Spoiler

Identifies the problems but not the solution.

Most of the fault lies at national governments- when the EU attempts to democratic it is prevented from doing so, such as when they tried to get an elected president- same with economic policy; such as the bankers bonus tax vetoed by our government.

This represents the democratic paradox which the author of that spiel blames on the EU rather than the far more nuanced nature of global capitalism and nation states.
Original post by Davij038
Identifies the problems but not the solution.

Most of the fault lies at national governments- when the EU attempts to democratic it is prevented from doing so, such as when they tried to get an elected president- same with economic policy; such as the bankers bonus tax vetoed by our government.

This represents the democratic paradox which the author of that spiel blames on the EU rather than the far more nuanced nature of global capitalism and nation states.

I got that from here http://diem25.org/manifesto-long/

XD
I got that from here http://diem25.org/manifesto-long/

XD

lol, you got me.

Nonetheless, whilst I hugely admire Yanis and what he is doing, i fear he exaggerates here (or whoever wrote that)- and your selective quoting ignores the larger issue which is the one that I addressed :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending