The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They did work for me, but it wasn't like a miracle drug. It stopped me getting distracted as easily and kept me alert even towards the end of quite long sessions but you still need that motivation and to be working in a smart way.
Reply 21
Original post by z33
I went to the doctor and asked for it but he gave me sleeping pills instead... plz :colonhash: :hand:
He said if it didnt work he'd try something else might try modafinil
Imma get back to him end of this week and tell him it did nothing and hopefully he will or imma get that shiet off eBay :lol:

and prob die :indiff: ... heard everyone gets As if someone dies during an exam so gotta take one for the team :lol:

i was the same but instead i ordered adrafinil from a safe website and let me tell you it changed my life XD idk i dont wanna be encouraging but if nothing works then you could at least look into it :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by ivy.98
i was the same but instead i ordered adrafinil from a safe website and let me tell you it changed my life XD idk i dont wanna be encouraging but if nothing works then you could at least look into it :smile:

pm me this website :lol:
and how does it work doe?
Reply 23
Original post by z33
pm me this website :lol:
and how does it work doe?

hahah sure :biggrin:
its a weaker substitute for adderal.
it makes you more alert, focused, motivated, less tired. it was so weird idk if it was some placebo effect or smth but after i took it all i wanted to do was work for like 10 hours straight haha it was great :tongue:
BUT, DO NOT mix it with caffeine or you'll go through hell. i dont take it anymore bc I'm scared it will happen again but yeah just dont mix it with any other stimulating substances

edit: just realised i probs shouldnt have posted this here. :s-smilie: if you wanna know more then we can carry on through PMs
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24

Spoiler

yeah maybe to the pms one sec :lol:
I saw Josh take it from Home and Away and it didn't end well for him. Expelled from school and lost his girlfriend.

Winners don't take drugs.
Original post by kalclash
I saw Josh take it from Home and Away and it didn't end well for him. Expelled from school and lost his girlfriend.

Winners don't take drugs.

PRSOM
Original post by hezzlington
I've used it twice and it had no effect on me. I ended up taking a nap a few hours later.. (It definitely was modafinil) Some of my friends swear it by it in times of heavy workload.

I can understand the position on not wanting to encourage it, but to not want discussion? Is it any worse than taking caffeine pills?

Much worse than caffeine pills. Modafinil is now only licensed in the UK to treat narcolepsy as it can have serious side effects. From the summary of product characteristics:

4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
Diagnosis of sleep disorders

Modafinil should be used only in patients who have had a complete evaluation of their excessive sleepiness, and in whom a diagnosis of narcolepsy, has been made in accordance with ICSD diagnostic criteria. Such an evaluation usually consists, in addition to the patient’s history, sleep measurements testing in a laboratory setting and exclusion of other possible causes of the observed hypersomnia.

Serious rash, including Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis and Drug Rash with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms

Serious rash requiring hospitalisation and discontinuation of treatment has been reported with the use of modafinil, occurring within 1 to 5 weeks after treatment initiation.

Isolated cases have also been reported after prolonged treatment (e.g., 3 months). In clinical trials of modafinil, the incidence of rash resulting in discontinuation was approximately 0.8% (13 per 1,585) in paediatric patients (age <17 years); this includes serious rash. No serious skin rashes have been reported in adult clinical trials (0 per 4,264) of modafinil. Modafinil should be discontinued at the first sign of rash and not restarted (see section 4.8). Rare cases of serious or life-threatening rash, including Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS), Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN), and Drug Rash with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) have been reported in adults and children in worldwide post-marketing experience.

It should only be taken under medical supervision and prescribed by a doctor.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Much worse than caffeine pills. Modafinil is now only licensed in the UK to treat narcolepsy as it can have serious side effects. From the summary of product characteristics:

It should only be taken under medical supervision and prescribed by a doctor.

And students regularly take this stuff?!!

:confused:
Also, ordering prescription only drugs online is a risky business as you'll have no idea where these drugs come from or whether or not they're fake.

We are very lucky in the UK to have a regulated medical drugs industry which means you know that what's being sold to you in pharmacies are real drugs and don't contain any hidden nastiness. When you buy drugs online without a prescription you don't know what you're buying.
I have used them, not for studying though. For gaming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hezzlington
And students regularly take this stuff?!!

:confused:

I think there is a misunderstanding that because these drugs are prescribed that they must be safe to use, when actually they do carry serious side effects and risks and so need to be taken with proper guidance from a doctor.
Original post by z33
I went to the doctor and asked for it but he gave me sleeping pills instead... plz :colonhash: :hand:
He said if it didnt work he'd try something else might try modafinil
Imma get back to him end of this week and tell him it did nothing and hopefully he will or imma get that shiet off eBay :lol:

and prob die :indiff: ... heard everyone gets As if someone dies during an exam so gotta take one for the team :lol:

I was just about to tag you in Looooooool :rofl:
I think there is a misunderstanding that because these drugs are prescribed that they must be safe to use, when actually they do carry serious side effects and risks and so need to be taken with proper guidance from a doctor.

I remember my friends just ordered some of this on the internet. I had no idea it was a controlled substance.
I have not taken any study drugs but I know people who have and they are useful but should only be used as a short term solution as they are like fags if you have one or two you wouldn't get addicted but once you start taking them more than 4 times you will Devolp a need to use them as you will not be able to do your work with out them and in the long term this is dangerous and expensive
No but i heard they cause bad headaches

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that essentially the label for pretty much all prescription drugs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Hiya I'd be happy to chat about my experiences of modafinil, if its anonymous?
Reply 38
Original post by Ethereal World
I was just about to tag you in Looooooool :rofl:

:lol: beat you to it :colone:
Reply 39
Yo guys. I am a Muslim should mention and as far as I am aware I am not allowed drugs:

But my question is are these study drugs illegal or legal? And do they seriously help and are there side effects/downsides

Seems like a great way to get some brain gains