The Student Room Group

Will it be hard to have a relationship if i dont like oral sex?

Is it common to not want to do oral sex. I dont want to give or recieve it I dont want someones genitals in my mouth plus you can get oral hpv which puts me off. Is it important in many relationships or do a lot of people not bother with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have to find the right person
:colondollar:
If you don't go down, you won't settle down

Spoiler

I've never been a huge fan of oral, I mean I quite enjoy going down if I know she's enjoying it but if she wasn't into it then I'd not be bothered by that, and I've never been a big fan of receiving.

Must be said, though, that if hygeine and cleanliness are a girl's sole reasons for not doing things then I couldn't see us being compatible in the bedroom :mmm:
Id say foreplay is a massive part of a sexually compatible relationship. Some girls really struggle to orgasm through penetration alone and going down on them can blow their mind.

Dont have an irrational fear of STIs though.
I am always amazed at these sorts of anonymous posts. We're -already- anonymous on here(Unless you use your pic, as I have).

If you don't wanna do it, don't do it. If it's important to somebody, then you aren't compatible with that person and it'll be a good thing if you don't get in to a relationship with them. You both get what you want.
Reply 6
Original post by hezzlington
Id say foreplay is a massive part of a sexually compatible relationship. Some girls really struggle to orgasm through penetration alone and going down on them can blow their mind.

Dont have an irrational fear of STIs though.

Foreplay can include more things than oral though right.

If you can get diseases from oral without a condom hows it irrational.
Reply 7
You can get herpes from kissing .....

It's no more dirty than kissing someone, assuming they have washed previously.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Ofcourse, but have you ever actually tried oral?

Well you make sure that the other person isnt infected before you engage in sexual activity
Far better for you to enjoy what you're doing than do something you really do not like just to attempt to please someone else.

Oral HPV is something pushed by the makers of - shock - the vaccines against HPV in an attempt to get people to buy what were (and may still be) the most expensive vaccines available. Any link to oral cancer is possibly coincidence, and the vast majority of cases are caused by smoking and drinking alcohol.

Lean how to give great hand jobs. You might also find, given a lack of pressure to do it with someone you love, that you can enjoy it...
Original post by Abolant
You can get herpes from kissing .....

It's no more dirty than kissing someone, assuming they have washed previously.

Yea thats a point, I avoid kissing when i see a cold sore lol but herpes can still be spread with no symptoms. Apparantly you can catch more from oral but I guess its a risk people take for a sex life and relationship. I suppose if you tried to stay perfectly healthy you'd never live.
i dunno why but i find oral sex grossest :bawling:
I doubt it will be hard. Mainly because you aren't doing oral on it.....
(edited 8 years ago)
Apparently you can catch more from oral but I guess its a risk people take for a sex life and relationship. I suppose if you tried to stay perfectly healthy you'd never live.

Everyone has their own level of acceptable risk, depending on the benefits they see.

You don't see the appeal of oral sex, so any risk appears less acceptable to you. It's something I thoroughly enjoy giving, so I see the (very low) risks of getting anything serious as ok.
Is it common to not want to do oral sex. I dont want to give or recieve it I dont want someones genitals in my mouth plus you can get oral hpv which puts me off. Is it important in many relationships or do a lot of people not bother with it?

Male? Female?

It might not matter to some, just as some lads do not like to lick vagina

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it worries you that much, why not both go and get STI tests? Then you're both safe, assuming neither of you are sleeping with anyone else.
Original post by fatima1998
i dunno why but i find oral sex grossest :bawling:

Well to be fair it really is. I mean the mouth is quite a... exclusive place. Touching mud with our hands, or even our genitals seems far less disgusting than licking it... And rightly so because licking it means it is going inside us.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well to be fair it really is. I mean the mouth is quite a... exclusive place. Touching mud with our hands, or even our genitals seems far less disgusting than licking it... And rightly so because licking it means it is going inside us.

is that a sarcasm :lolwut:
Original post by SMEGGGY
Male? Female?

It might not matter to some, just as some lads do not like to lick vagina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Female
Original post by fatima1998
is that a sarcasm :lolwut:

No...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending