The Student Room Group

I want to cancel my date

Before Easter holiday, I went out with her and we kissed. I said we will go out on the first Friday back after the holidays

On Sunday she text me to confirm. All good.

Yesterday in the lecture she walked past me and sat next to another guy. She would have seen me, but she walked past.

I feel a bit angry at this and I want to cancel on her

Scroll to see replies

LOL if she's confirmed it what are you worried about? Is there any way she could have genuinely not seen you ?
Reply 2
Original post by jawsontheflooor
LOL if she's confirmed it what are you worried about? Is there any way she could have genuinely not seen you ?

No I was sat on my own, and she walked straight past.
Reply 3
That's a little petty? Give her a chance...
Possessive much?
Original post by Anonymous
Before Easter holiday, I went out with her and we kissed. I said we will go out on the first Friday back after the holidays

On Sunday she text me to confirm. All good.

Yesterday in the lecture she walked past me and sat next to another guy. She would have seen me, but she walked past.

I feel a bit angry at this and I want to cancel on her

Did she make eye contact tho?

You're not even in a relationship yet and you're already too possessive..
Reply 6
Original post by jenigma
Did she make eye contact tho?

You're not even in a relationship yet and you're already too possessive..

We didn't make eye contact, but I expect her to just say hi. Like I would do it to her if she was sat alone
Reply 7
Original post by Alexion
That's a little petty? Give her a chance...

Original post by WoodyMKC
Possessive much?

At least she could do I just say hi
Reply 8
At least she could do I just say hi

Don't hold it against her for this happening once. If she keeps doing it then fair enough, but leave it this time :cute:
We didn't make eye contact, but I expect her to just say hi. Like I would do it to her if she was sat alone

Maybe she didn't actually see? It's best to give her the benefit of the doubt... otherwise things like these will eat away at you for no reason.
Original post by Alexion
Don't hold it against her for this happening once. If she keeps doing it then fair enough, but leave it this time :cute:

Agreed ^

It's just once, and she could have had a lot on her mind.
If you want to cancel on her then do. She deserves better than someone who wants to cancel a date with her just because she sat with her friend instead of you. You don't know for certain whether or not she saw you, you're just making assumptions. Grow up, you're being possessive and immature, especially considering you aren't even together.

She kissed you and she confirmed the date, so she clearly likes you. Don't really see the issue to be honest.
Just cancel then, but you seem a bit uptight.
Original post by georgiaswift
If you want to cancel on her then do. She deserves better than someone who wants to cancel a date with her just because she sat with her friend instead of you. You don't know for certain whether or not she saw you, you're just making assumptions. Grow up, you're being possessive and immature, especially considering you aren't even together.

She kissed you and she confirmed the date, so she clearly likes you. Don't really see the issue to be honest.

Original post by jenigma
Maybe she didn't actually see? It's best to give her the benefit of the doubt... otherwise things like these will eat away at you for no reason.

Even after the lecture she could of spoken to me, like so many times before she used to run to catch up to me and talk.

It's the change in behaviour.

And so many times when she was sat alone, I always leave my large group of friends and go and speak to her,
Reply 14
Worth a shag atleast.
Even after the lecture she could of spoken to me, like so many times before she used to run to catch up to me and talk.

And so many times when she was sat alone, I always leave my large group of friends and go and speak to her,

Playing hard to get...?

Just because that's what you do, doesn't mean that's what everyone would do. You're incredibly immature.
Original post by jenigma
Playing hard to get...?

This could be a reason, maybe she wanted to see me jelous.

Anyway I gave her a reward for doing this to me, by talking to two other girls After the lecture and she was directly behind me
This could be a reason, maybe she wanted to see me jelous.

Anyway I gave her a reward for doing this to me, by talking to two other girls After the lecture and she was directly behind me

I'm sure she was devastated.
OP, you hopeless romantic you.

Quick Reply

Latest