The Student Room Group

OCR Transport past paper question

I'm a bit lost on a past paper question from the OCR Transport June 2013 paper. The question is: "Analyse the reasons why traffic congestion is an example of market failure" (Q2a from here) and the mark scheme is here.

I've written all of the points suggested and drawn the negative externality diagram but I'm lost now as regards to what else to write. The points in the mark scheme and the diagram only took me about 3/4ths of a page, and I really feel like my answer is lacking depth for a 15 marker.

The only other thing I could think to do is list the different externalities (noise/air pollution, collisions etc) and try and relate those to market failure, however I think that might just be repeating what I've already said in a less theoretical way.

Any advice? Thank you!
The length is not an issue as long as you are answering the question. You can easily get 15 marks with 2 well developed points. In terms of depth without you providing evidence of your response is difficult to give feedback
Reply 2
Original post by keynes24
The length is not an issue as long as you are answering the question. You can easily get 15 marks with 2 well developed points. In terms of depth without you providing evidence of your response is difficult to give feedback

Thank you! My teacher always refuses to give anything above 12 without 3+ points and a diagram which is why I was worried about the length I think.
Original post by felecita
Thank you! My teacher always refuses to give anything above 12 without 3+ points and a diagram which is why I was worried about the length I think.

I would also encourage you to do 3 points. In terms of depth you could give greater application to transport industries when required

Quick Reply

Latest