The Student Room Group

I need to do a **** ton of work - what album should I listen to?

Scroll to see replies

Modern Vampires of the City. :yep:
I find that R&B usually helps me concentrate - I like to have some words but nothing 'overpowering' if that makes sense :biggrin:
Recently, I have been listening to Zayn's album (Mine of Mine) for revision :tongue:
Original post by z33
I feel like when I have a full playlist I can let it go and play and I don't know the lyrics so I can't sing along either, and it helps me get work done.

What's your favourite album/ artist to listen to (when you wanna chill or do work)?

Pink floyd - Dark side of the moon (its not really for doing "work" but I do it.
Eminem - Recovery
Immortal technique - Revolutionary volume 2
Nas and damian marley - Distant relatives
[video="youtube;egAB2qtVWFQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ[/video]
Reply 44
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
Pink floyd - Dark side of the moon (its not really for doing "work" but I do it.
Eminem - Recovery
Immortal technique - Revolutionary volume 2
Nas and damian marley - Distant relatives

weed music 101
i love it doe

will check em out! :biggrin:
Original post by z33
I feel like when I have a full playlist I can let it go and play and I don't know the lyrics so I can't sing along either, and it helps me get work done.

What's your favourite album/ artist to listen to (when you wanna chill or do work)?

Try the Dixie Chicks - it's not the type of music you or I'd normally listen to but it's easy-listening and won't distract you. I usually listen to their YT most popular playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C0QS3IDyP8&list=PLg8uscmn9-9gaVTQK-1SMvgTm-BdX0HOw

There's also Enya or Clannad, which nobody can hate - it's really calm, chilled out good music.
Steve Hughes said "How can you hate Enya? It's like silence coloured in! Like looking at a flower opening and going 'that's disgusting'." :biggrin:

I highly recommend the last two, especially Clannad, they've produced several theme tunes for films and TV like Last of the Mohicans and Robin of Sherwood.
Original post by z33
weed music 101
i love it doe

will check em out! :biggrin:
acid, weed, shrooms wateva floots ya boat manee
Reply 47
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Yes there is nothing more chilled than this (:

I'm glad people appreciate his music! Black Sands is a really nice album as well. :h:
Maybe try looking up mixes of stuff you like on YouTube. So if you like Deep House then look up "deep house mix" on there and you'll probably find a video that has like an hour long mix.
Miguel - Wildheart

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Original post by z33
i loved it :biggrin: esp monster cat stuff :colone: :smile:

o.o nice
Reply 51
[video="youtube;V4YSysUn-Bk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4YSysUn-Bk[/video]

:devil3:
MCR. Just. MCR. Preferably Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Or Muse, actually muse is better because a lot of their work is instrumental and not lyrical, especially when lyrically its mostly mumbling hehe.
Original post by PaulAtre1des
Radiohead - Kid A

Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-Englar or Takk

Faunts - M4

4 pretty chilled out albums without much lyrics, and Sigur Ros sing in Icelandic so I doubt you'll pick up their lyrics in a hurry.

Came in to post this.
I usually listen to my Muse playlist. I know I like their music and there aren't a lot of lyrics so it's easy to do work at the same time
Original post by z33

Friendly Fires - PALA

:wink: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest