The Student Room Group

Msc in Finance: Surrey vs liverpool (london campus)

Hi everyone,

Which University is better in the financial field between the Uni of Surrey and the Uni of Liverpool (London Campus)?

In my (admittedly non-expert) opinion, there is no real difference in terms of reputation or prestige. Choose the course you like the most. Living in London is going to be more expensive, but it also gives you more opportunities to do relevant internships.
(edited 8 years ago)
No offence to you personally but a question like this is out there with all the information to make up your own decision about the pros and cons. It's just getting tedious answering such blatantly obvious questions and it is mostly up to your personal choice if being in the City or being out on a campus would be better for you.

I can suggest another prospect which is M.Sc. Banking and Finance at Newcastle University, London which is £5600 if you are a UK student which is really great compared to £11,000 at Surrey and Liverpool, London which is £12,400.

I don't know why Newcastle wouldn't accept you but it seems as if they are trying to get in on the international money.
Thanks guys,

I am sorry for my ignorance but I am an EU student and I am just planning to attend a postgraduate course from the following year in Uk. I am really undecided between those two Universities because if I look at the Guardian ranking, Surrey is upper than Liverpool while, in QS ranking Liverpool is higher than Surrey. I undestood that both the Universities are good even though they are not target Universities and for this reason I am trying to do the better choice :smile:
Original post by marcozanandrea
Thanks guys,

I am sorry for my ignorance but I am an EU student and I am just planning to attend a postgraduate course from the following year in Uk. I am really undecided between those two Universities because if I look at the Guardian ranking, Surrey is upper than Liverpool while, in QS ranking Liverpool is higher than Surrey. I undestood that both the Universities are good even though they are not target Universities and for this reason I am trying to do the better choice :smile:

Don't worry too much about rankings - they use different methodologies (which may or may not be relevant to you) and, more importantly, generally relate to undergrad courses not postgrad ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending