The Student Room Group

Type of exams

Hello!

Is there any way I could check the types of exams for each subject like there are AX, YX, etc etc?
Because i was registering to the A-levels today with my teacher for business, and i wanted to do 2 papers -AS- this year and the 3. paper- A- next year, but there wasn't any option like that... So the best option was to do all 3 this year, so i have to study like 200 pages more in a month, which is doable, but I would still like to see the options again...
I would think you need to consult the syllabus and information available on the exam boards website.
Original post by 999tigger
I would think you need to consult the syllabus and information available on the exam boards website.

Nothing mentioned bout them :/
Original post by JustANormalGuy
Nothing mentioned bout them :/

Well contact the exam boards, they are the ones who design the courses, am sure if anyone knows its them. Sometimes not everything is given in easy chunks so you have to do more digging.
Well contact the exam boards, they are the ones who design the courses, am sure if anyone knows its them. Sometimes not everything is given in easy chunks so you have to do more digging.

And how? Last time i contacted them it took them 3days to send a pre-written letter, which didn't answer my questions at all...
You want information. You sau its not on their website. Ring them up and persevere. Make sure you can explain what it is you want. maybe ask your teacher as am not exactly sure what it is you want. It sounds like you require several syllabus so you can compare exams from different exam boards.

Phone, dont email.
You want information. You sau its not on their website. Ring them up and persevere. Make sure you can explain what it is you want. maybe ask your teacher as am not exactly sure what it is you want. It sounds like you require several syllabus so you can compare exams from different exam boards.

Phone, dont email.

I don't live in the UK, I think it will be quite expensive to call them from abroad :/
It's not different exam boards, the same board got several types of exams for the same subject, which's codes are like: YX, AX etc

Quick Reply

Latest