The Student Room Group

Muslim woman prevented 2nd IS Paris attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Yes, you are. I seem to remember that you go to a sixth form, which counts as secondary education.

Much less so than your literacy. :colone:

I don't study psychology and, for all intents and purposes, consider it a pseudoscience. :tongue:

noo dude, i am doing A levels... its not a secondary level i assume...
psychology really explains humans behaviour... so its a good one to take
Reply 61
Original post by Hydeman

I don't study psychology, and nor do I wish to be tested on it.

I like how you edited "consider it a pseudoscience" to "[don't] wish to be tested on it" :rofl:
Original post by fatima1998
noo dude, i am doing A levels... its not a secondary level i assume...

You assume wrongly. Everything between and including years 7 and 13 counts as secondary education. University is tertiary-level education.

psychology really explains humans behaviour... so its a good one to take

Thanks, I'll pass. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AJ KO
I like how you edited "consider it a pseudoscience" to "[don't] wish to be tested on it" :rofl:

Thanks; I was dying to have that highlighted. :colonhash:
Comments from UK government seem to indicate that numerous attacks in the UK have been prevented due to tips from the community. It seems likely then, that Several British muslims have provided tips that have prevented such attacks Britain.
Original post by Hydeman
You assume wrongly. Everything between and including years 7 and 13 count as secondary education. University is tertiary-level education.

Thanks, I'll pass. :tongue:

pass what?
then why A-levels are A-levels and GCSEs are GCSEs?
Reply 66
Original post by Hydeman
Thanks; I was dying to have that highlighted. :colonhash:

I only saw it because it showed your unedited version in fatima's quote, so blame her, not me. :tongue:
pass what?

'I'll pass' as in 'I'd rather not.' Is English your first language? :holmes:

then why A-levels are A-levels and GCSEs are GCSEs?

Because that's the way the education system works. You could argue that it's a legacy of the fact that education was only compulsory until the age of 16 until recently (when I finished my GCSEs, you could still leave education entirely and go straight into the workforce), but that's kind of irrelevant to whether A Levels count as secondary education or not. Everything between the end of primary school and university is secondary education, and it's pointless to argue otherwise.

Original post by AJ KO
I only saw it because it showed your unedited version in fatima's quote, so blame her, not me. :tongue:

Gladly. :mwuaha:
Reply 68
Original post by Hydeman

:eek2:

You should be savage more often, I like it. :sneakydevil:
Original post by AJ KO

blame me for what :colondollar:
Original post by Hydeman

Because that's the way the education system works. You could argue that it's a legacy of the fact that education was only compulsory until the age of 16 until recently (when I finished my GCSEs, you could still leave education entirely and go straight into the workforce), but that's kind of irrelevant to whether A Levels count as secondary education or not. Everything between the end of primary school and university is secondary education, and it's pointless to argue otherwise.

Gladly. :mwuaha:

didin't liked that savageness :colone: but i know you don't care so its fine...
General Certificate of Education - is A levels or GCE
General Certificate of Secondary Education - GCSE
i pretty much think they aren't the same

Hey, you're right for a second time today! :eek: :king1:

And the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is neither democratic, nor of the people, nor a real republic. Go figure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_England

The education system is divided into stages based upon age: Early Years Foundation Stage (ages 3–5), primary education (ages 5–11), secondary education (ages 11–18) and tertiary education(ages 18+).

Now, please, get back on topic. :tongue:
Original post by Frank Underwood
Stop talking about the ancient tenets of Islam as if all Muslims in the west follow them / believe in them word-for-word

Original post by darkvibes
Only a minority of british muslims support anything like that...

And when i mean minority i mean like a tiny proportion.

I suggest you watch the Channel 4 programme "What British Muslims Really Think" at 10:00pm tomorrow evening, when you will find out that you are wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/half-of-british-muslims-want-gay-sex-banned-says-poll/
Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you watch the Channel 4 programme "What British Muslims Really Think" at 10:00pm tomorrow evening, when you will find out that you are wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/half-of-british-muslims-want-gay-sex-banned-says-poll/

You talk as if they all do...
Reply 74

He's right.
Secondary education: high school + college
Tertiary education: university.
Reply 75
Original post by smegggy
this will not sell newspapers!

posted from tsr mobile

omfg true dat xd

Secondary education in Britain ends when you go to university, where tertiary education starts. GCE A-levels, GCSEs and GCE O-levels are all secondary education qualifications.

GCSEs got their name when GCE O-levels were merged with CSEs (Certificate of Secondary Education) to form GCSEs as the mainstream pre-A-level qualification.
Original post by darkvibes
You talk as if they all do...

I talk as if worryingly significant numbers of them do.
Original post by Good bloke
I talk as if worryingly significant numbers of them do.

Let them believe what they want as long as it doesnt negatively affect us. The views are dying out anyway.

I don't want to criticise in this instance - however this only makes you realise if anything that there are Muslims out there who DO KNOW about these terrorists and their forthcoming activities and clearly are not reporting it. Quite worrying

Quick Reply