The Student Room Group

Whats the worst way you've been dumped?

Please tell me your awful stories so mine doesn't seem so bad...is basically the purpose of this thread.

Yesterday my boyfriend of a year broke up with me at Milan airport after a trip away and I had to spend the whole day traveling alone when I just needed to cry and hug someone. It came out of nowhere. It was perfect. Trust = shattered. Guess it's time to pick myself up once again. So what's yours?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Aw that's horrible, hope you're holding up ok :frown: sorry I don't have any breakup stories to share
Reply 2
i went to visit my mum (in a different county) and after a few days my ex (bf at the time) informed me he was getting with his new gf.

best part is
1. i was pregnant with his baby
2. he got her pregnant within months (i hadnt even had our baby when she fell pregnant)
3. he married her before she had her baby
Reply 3
Original post by shawtyb
i went to visit my mum (in a different county) and after a few days my ex (bf at the time) informed me he was getting with his new gf.

best part is
2. he got her pregnant within months (i hadnt even had our baby when she fell pregnant)

wow, what a ****

probably glad you're rid of him in hindsight?
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion
wow, what a ****

probably glad you're rid of him in hindsight?

ha yea!
he even regularly leaves his job so he doesnt have to pay CSA and racked up a £900+ bill
Original post by shawtyb

best part is

oh. my. days. So sorry you had to go through that, what the actual....

So painful :frown:

Hope you're better now. I'm really angry at him for you :/
That's the good part about not having had a relationship, no break ups!

Of course the downside is the crippling loneliness D:

Jk jk
Reply 7
Original post by DeceitfulDove
oh. my. days. So sorry you had to go through that, what the actual....

So painful :frown:

Hope you're better now. I'm really angry at him for you :/

yea it really really upset me at the time, i was absoloutly distraught, more so because we already had 1 child together.

far better now, iv realised now that it was actually a blessing in disguise
Original post by Blondie987
That's the good part about not being a relationship, no break ups!

Of course the downside is the crippling loneliness D:

Jk jk

I'm going to try to stay single for the first time :frown:. Can't cope with this whole stressful trying to find someone who wants what you want crap. He was perfect, a dream. And if he can do this that suddenly then I can't imagine the next man not doing it too. Time to focus completely on friends and family!
Original post by shawtyb

best part is

Oh no:frown:, you seem pretty strong/over him now though

Mine doesn't sound no where near as terrible as yours but it was at our school bus stop a few months ago, in front of all my friends. Pretty embarrassing but life goes on
I'm going to try to stay single for the first time :frown:. Can't cope with this whole stressful trying to find someone who wants what you want crap. He was perfect, a dream. And if he can do this that suddenly then I can't imagine the next man not doing it too. Time to focus completely on friends and family!

As much as it hurts now, you'll get through it, I think it's a good idea for you to take time for yourself and heal but I'm sure there will be an even better guy waiting for you when you've gotten to the place you need to be. Don't give up on love and try to stay positive :smile:
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Oh no:frown:, you seem pretty strong/over him now though

Mine doesn't sound no where near as terrible as yours but it was at our school bus stop a few months ago, in front of all my friends. Pretty embarrassing but life goes on

yea this was years ago now haha.
oh i feel for you! id rather have mine over yours. nothing worse then being in front of people!!
i done the princes trust programme and when me and the group went on residential (go away and do stuff for a week), he was in the group too (this was before we had kids) and he broke up with me the day before we went so i had to spend a whole week with him and these people and i had to watch him flirt with everyone in front of me :'( c**t
Aww, I'm sorry that happened to you! :console:

I've only been in one 'proper' relationship which I'm still in, so fortunately don't have any bad 'dumped' stories (although I did get 'dumped' when I was younger by text, but it wasn't a proper relationship and although it probably caused 15 year old me a lot of pain I can hardly remember it now!).

The thing is, I just don't understand how you can have absolutely no idea at all that he was considering breaking up with you?! I'm not trying to sounds mean here at all, but do you think you were burying your head in the sand? Or that you were ignoring signs (like him being distant, or not as happy or whatever)?
Original post by shawtyb

best part is

out of the blue or you've been separating for a while?
Original post by RoyalMarine
out of the blue or you've been separating for a while?

this was years ago, havent been together in like 5 years
Was seeing a guy for a year, pretty much inseparable. After a big argument he ended it via text and hasn't spoke to me since even though we go to the same college :s-smilie:
Was heartbroken at the time, but I've moved on and two years later I couldn't be happier with my current boyfriend..
Every cloud:smile:
Original post by shawtyb
this was years ago, havent been together in like 5 years

when he dumped you it was unexpected?
Original post by RoyalMarine
when he dumped you it was unexpected?

yes
why are you probing so much
Got a message one morning after I told her that I missed her saying that she didnt love me anymore. I replied okay and got rid of all her contact details cuz she was in bulgaria studying. Girls are savage.
Please tell me your awful stories so mine doesn't seem so bad...is basically the purpose of this thread.

Yesterday my boyfriend of a year broke up with me at Milan airport after a trip away and I had to spend the whole day traveling alone when I just needed to cry and hug someone. It came out of nowhere. It was perfect. Trust = shattered. Guess it's time to pick myself up once again. So what's yours?

my left hand won't leave me unless it gets cut off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending