The Student Room Group

Muslim woman prevented 2nd IS Paris attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Hey, you're right for a second time today! :eek: :king1:

And the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is neither democratic, nor of the people, nor a real republic. Go figure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_England

Now, please, get back on topic. :tongue:

why you hate me???
Original post by fatima1998
why you hate me???

I don't.
Original post by darkvibes
Let them believe what they want as long as it doesnt negatively affect us. The views are dying out anyway.

Given the number of attempted terrorist attacks in the UK alone I would say this does negatively affect us.
Original post by BaconandSauce
So her faith is important when stopping an attack

but the faith of the attacks isn't important

Can't have it both ways folks

So which side do you take?

The faith is important when stopping and causing an attack.

Or the faith is unimportant in both scenarios?
Original post by Hydeman
I don't.

be honest- you do
i swear, i haven't done anything to you.... i swear to god :redface:
Given the number of attempted terrorist attacks in the UK alone I would say this does negatively affect us.

That number is tiny, and arguing on TSR and having discussions is unlikely to reduce that.
be honest- you do
i swear, i haven't done anything to you.... i swear to god :redface:

I am being honest: I don't. But if you want to believe in falsehoods, then feel free to ignore what you've heard from the man himself. :dontknow:
Original post by champ_mc99
So which side do you take?

The faith is important when stopping and causing an attack.

Or the faith is unimportant in both scenarios?

The faith (in this case an interpretation of Islam) is relevant in causing this attack (as it was inspired by islam)

The faith of the person reporting is unimportant as it's something anyone regardless of faith should do. (but kind of catch 22 really if muslims weren't planning attacks we wouldn't have to ask other muslims to report them)

Do you agree with this?
That number is tiny, and arguing on TSR and having discussions is unlikely to reduce that.

So it only takes one to end up with a lot of dead bodies.

Do you not care about this?

But in your opinion how many people need to die before you see this as an issue?
(edited 7 years ago)
So it only takes one to end up with a lot of dead bodies.

Do you not care about this?

You missed the point. What can we do about extremists? nothing. There will always be extremists around.
You missed the point. What can we do about extremists? nothing. There will always be extremists around.

We can fight them.

We can challenge their rhetoric and not allow it to propagate.

The list is endless really

But I asked you a direct question it would be polite to answer it.
Original post by Hydeman
I am being honest: I don't. But if you want to believe in falsehoods, then feel free to ignore what you've heard from the man himself. :dontknow:

so you don't hate me... but you dislike me :dontknow:
then why you always target me... i get scared - we never had a "normal" chat- we have always been arguing
but if you really want to argue about Islam then @HAnwar would be a good choice :redface:
as you said before i am an uneducated girl so i need to learn more and have more experience...
We can fight them.

We can challenge their rhetoric and not allow it to propagate.

The list is endless really

But I asked you a direct question it would be polite to answer it.

Well of course I care

What do you mean fight?
We can challenge them but can we really change their views? Can we tell someone that wants to kill innocent people in the name of God that their Islam is a backward and oppressive ideology and say that their wrong? Pretty sure that will piss them off more

The only thing that can be done is stricter laws, greater policing and focusing on the security side of things as opposed to getting all muslims to answer for the actions of a minority.
The faith (in this case an interpretation of Islam) is relevant in causing this attack (as it was inspired by islam)

The faith of the person reporting is unimportant as it's something anyone regardless of faith should do. (but kind of catch 22 really if muslims weren't planning attacks we wouldn't have to ask other muslims to report them)

Do you agree with this?

I agree with the first.

But the faith is important in your second point as it obviously highlights the differences of opinions Muslims have in the context of violence. If it were a non muslim to stop the attack it would not emphasise this. At least now that this news is brought to the media it tells others that there are Muslims on "our side" and not on the side of the extremists.
Well of course I care

What do you mean fight?
We can challenge them but can we really change their views? Can we tell someone that wants to kill innocent people in the name of God that their Islam is a backward and oppressive ideology and say that their wrong? Pretty sure that will piss them off more

The only thing that can be done is stricter laws, greater policing and focusing on the security side of things as opposed to getting all muslims to answer for the actions of a minority.

Fight as in use our armed forces, Secret Services and Police to bring to them the violence they seeks to bring to us.

Yes we can change their views we can educate them and sadly those who can't be educated will have to be dealt with in some other way

But yes I agree stricter laws etc. but I can't see people calling for all muslims to answer for the actions of a minority.

However what can't happen is we can't stop criticising islam just because it's a minority (although a minority has just been shown to be quite a lot in a different thread) do not also follow the same interpretation of that faith.
so you don't hate me... but you dislike me :dontknow:
then why you always target me... i get scared - we never had a "normal" chat- we have always been arguing

I don't always 'target' you. :lol: I made one little jibe. It's just teasing -- you're not meant to take it too seriously (although there is a grain of truth in most of it). :wink:

but if you really want to argue about Islam then @HAnwar would be a good choice :redface:

Having had some experience of her, I disagree that she would be a good choice for someone to argue with about Islam. In any case, I'm not here to argue about Islam, so it's irrelevant. :tongue:

as you said before i am an uneducated girl so i need to learn more and have more experience...

I said undereducated, not uneducated. :erm: But I agree that you should learn more (as should everyone, myself included). :holmes:
Original post by SMEGGGY
This will not sell newspapers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The article in the OP is from a newspaper's website you imbecile. The Daily Mail, no less.
Fight as in use our armed forces, Secret Services and Police to bring to them the violence they seeks to bring to us.

Yes we can change their views we can educate them and sadly those who can't be educated will have to be dealt with in some other way

But yes I agree stricter laws etc. but I can't see people calling for all muslims to answer for the actions of a minority.

However what can't happen is we can't stop criticising islam just because it's a minority (although a minority has just been shown to be quite a lot in a different thread) do not also follow the same interpretation of that faith.

Yeah fighting them is definitely something i would push for, obviously its going to be fighting IS though.

Educating them isnt an option. They're extremists who have an extreme hatred for the west.

Criticising islam is meaningless when the discussion has been done before. Its simple as. I've said why before. Its meaningless when its been done so many times because its just the same points repeated and will do more harm than good (if any)
Original post by Hydeman
I don't always 'target' you. :lol: I made one little jibe. It's just teasing -- you're not meant to take it too seriously (although there is a grain of truth in most of it). :wink:

Having had some experience of her, I disagree that she would be a good choice for someone to argue with about Islam. In any case, I'm not here to argue about Islam, so it's irrelevant. :tongue:

I said undereducated, not uneducated. :erm: But I agree that you should learn more (as should everyone, myself included). :holmes:

so you were teasing me? :redface:
its between you and her so i dunno...
i swear i said undereducated, not uneducated - that always happens to me i write completely and say something else... i have a habit speaking while i am writing sooo its just confusing :yep:
so you were teasing me? :redface:

With a grain of truth, yes. :wink: This is how I am with most people, even ones whom I don't consider naive and undereducated. :tongue:

its between you and her so i dunno...

I don't really know her, but I've seen some of her 'arguments', and they're mostly unimpressive apologia. (I also seem to remember her saying somewhere that she never questions her faith, which would make any argument about with her about her religious beliefs a waste of time almost by definition.)

i swear i said undereducated, not uneducated - that always happens to me i write completely and say something else... i have a habit speaking while i am writing sooo its just confusing :yep:

Easy mistake to make. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest