The Student Room Group

What is/was your favourite thing about uni life?

For me it was getting full independence :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Afternoon naps!
Flexibility and girls :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Freedom
-Actually living in civilisation
-Existence of public transport
-Friendly people
-Lack of snobs
-Studying something I actually want to
-Year abroad
Reply 4
Giving up my job.
Reply 5
Believe it or not for me is studying
Original post by super_kawaii
-Freedom
-Actually living in civilisation
-Existence of public transport
-Friendly people
-Lack of snobs
-Studying something I actually want to
-Year abroad

Public transport was a big one for me, moving to uni was like "There's more than two buses an hours?!"
Original post by claireestelle
Public transport was a big one for me, moving to uni was like "There's more than two buses an hours?!"

Mine was more "buses actually exist?". There are only 5 buses a day that run every couple hours at really inconvenient times in my village so obviously no one ever uses them. Plus there are no shops or post offices or anything in my village, so coming to uni was a big culture shock, but in a good way
Mine was more "buses actually exist?". There are only 5 buses a day that run every couple hours at really inconvenient times in my village so obviously no one ever uses them. Plus there are no shops or post offices or anything in my village, so coming to uni was a big culture shock, but in a good way

Gosh your village had even less stuff than mine, must have been such a nice shock to suddenly have all that stuff near you.

Lmao that's the opposite for me. When I started uni I was like "Why the **** is there only ONE bus an hour?!"
Original post by Novascope
Lmao that's the opposite for me. When I started uni I was like "Why the **** is there only ONE bus an hour?!"

did you go to a rural uni?
Gosh your village had even less stuff than mine, must have been such a nice shock to suddenly have all that stuff near you.

Yeah, I couldn't get out of that place soon enough. I don't consider my hometown home anymore. My uni town will always be home now
- knowing im the first in my family to do it
- realising im not an academic dumb ass
- studying/finding out stuff i didnt know before
- the feeling oh having high qualifications (highest is level 4 atm, i hold this certificate in my posession already)
Yeah, I couldn't get out of that place soon enough. I don't consider my hometown home anymore. My uni town will always be home now

I feel the exact same.
did you go to a rural uni?

I'm in my second year studying in Cornwall haha
Student discounts :teeth:

oh mah god so cool
cool man
cool :rolleyes:

lol med students trying to get a bit of cool on the go.

Geeks :lol: :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
meeting new people
all the people
having a nice litte community
Original post by Little Popcorns
oh mah god so cool
cool man
cool :rolleyes:

lol med students trying to get a bit of cool on the go.

Geeks :lol: :h:

U wot m8?

Quick Reply