The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

Hello, I just finished doing a show (Into the Woods) where I played the role of Cinderella. I loved every minute and I've started thinking that maybe I should push it further. However, I am also interested in being a nurse and carrying on my education. I feel like if I gave either of them up I would regret it, so I don't really know what to do.
Can someone help?
Original post by luisajones
Hello, I just finished doing a show (Into the Woods) where I played the role of Cinderella. I loved every minute and I've started thinking that maybe I should push it further. However, I am also interested in being a nurse and carrying on my education. I feel like if I gave either of them up I would regret it, so I don't really know what to do.
Can someone help?

How old are you? I would consider a gap year if you are unsure at all.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
How old are you? I would consider a gap year if you are unsure at all.

Yeah, I was considering one, would that set me behind though??
Yeah, I was considering one, would that set me behind though??

No definitely not, the average age to start a nursing degree is supposedly 29.
Can someone help?

I would try and keep your options open for as long as possible.

If it was any degree other than nursing I'd suggest you go for it and keep on with the Drama on the side, but nursing is very demanding physically and mentally and I'm not sure how easy it would be.

I would suggest a gap year, or even a few gap years and see where your acting takes you. Both lifestyles can be demanding, but you will always have the option to study nursing whenever you fancy a change.
Reply 5
No definitely not, the average age to start a nursing degree is supposedly 29.

oh, really?? that's interesting!
I'm 16, so I have a bit of time before I have to decide
Reply 6
Original post by carrotstar
I would try and keep your options open for as long as possible.

If it was any degree other than nursing I'd suggest you go for it and keep on with the Drama on the side, but nursing is very demanding physically and mentally and I'm not sure how easy it would be.

I would suggest a gap year, or even a few gap years and see where your acting takes you. Both lifestyles can be demanding, but you will always have the option to study nursing whenever you fancy a change.

Thank you, this has been really helpful!
oh, really?? that's interesting!
I'm 16, so I have a bit of time before I have to decide

Definitely get plenty of work experience before you make a decision.
Reply 8
Definitely get plenty of work experience before you make a decision.

yeah, thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending