The Student Room Group

I am a year 11 muslim iraqi teenager, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thoughts on the government of Iraq? Should the West have let Saddam continue his rule of fear, tyranny and expansionism (e.g. invading Iran in 1980 and then invading Kuwait after that failed in 1990)?

Original post by mariam687

nd i also have mosque exams, urdu nd arabic :/

what are mosque exams? :erm:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
is your second name faraj? if so does that mean your a kurdish iraqi?

no Baghdadi
Reply 22
Original post by AJ KO
Thoughts on the government of Iraq? Should the West have let Saddam continue his rule of fear, tyranny and expansionism (e.g. invading Iran in 1980 and then invading Kuwait after that failed in 1990)?

Apparently she isn't too interested in politics.

I also wanted to hear the opinions of an actual Iraqi on the leader.
I misread "teenager" for "transgender". :rofl:
Original post by AJ KO

as i go to a religious school, we learn and practice our religion so we also get exams on the practices

e.g Hifz exam is an exam on praying a certain part of the Quran (Islamic Holy Book)
Reply 25
Would you ever return to Iraq to live?
Reply 26
as i go to a religious school, we learn and practice our religion so we also get exams on the practices

e.g Hifz exam is an exam on praying a certain part of the Quran (Islamic Holy Book)

I think faith schools discourage integration and foster ghettoisation and isolation of mostly immigrant/ME communities, and should thus be banned.

Did you choose a faith school, or did your parents?
Original post by AJ KO

like i said in a previous answer on the page before, i was 3 when he dies, so i have no idea what he did or didnt do, im not one to take interest in political issues especially of they're a little outdated...
Original post by ZS1
Would you ever return to Iraq to live?

no i'd visit but not live
Original post by champ_mc99
I misread "teenager" for "transgender". :rofl:

aha wow
Original post by Attempt
Apparently she isn't too interested in politics.

I also wanted to hear the opinions of an actual Iraqi on the leader.

woah geez im sorry, how about i educate myself on him and get back to you k?
Reply 31
What are your views on:

1. Same-sex marriage
2. Same-sex adoption
3. The death penalty
4. Abortion
5. Blasphemy
Reply 32
Original post by sfaraj
woah geez im sorry, how about i educate myself on him and get back to you k?

That would take some time and I don't want you wasting your time researching tyrants when you have pending exams.

But you should do it in your spare time.
Original post by AJ KO
I think faith schools discourage integration and foster ghettoisation and isolation of mostly immigrant/ME communities, and should thus be banned.

Did you choose a faith school, or did your parents?

i definately chose this school, it was a change from the many schools ive attended,
the pupils respect the teachers a lot more and the students are so mature and obedient
my school teaches us a lot about british values and how to integrate into society whilst still following our religion, they teach us how to accept and respect people no matter what race, ethnicity, religion etc and tbh ive learnt so much despite being there for only 1 nd a half yrs
Ofsted gave us very positive feedback about this
Reply 34
i definately chose this school, it was a change from the many schools ive attended,
the pupils respect the teachers a lot more and the students are so mature and obedient
my school teaches us a lot about british values and how to integrate into society whilst still following our religion, they teach us how to accept and respect people no matter what race, ethnicity, religion etc and tbh ive learnt so much despite being there for only 1 nd a half yrs

What % of students at your school support equal marriage?
what's your favourite movie :biggrin:
Going back to Iraq?
Reply 37

You see, if Muslims were like this, no one would be labelled an Islamophobe ever.
Original post by AJ KO
What % of students at your school support equal marriage?

Ahahah Idk, i havent actually calculated this ?

why are u asking me all these questions?
Original post by Attempt
You see, if Muslims were like this, no one would be labelled an Islamophobe ever.

Who says muslims arent like this?

Quick Reply

Latest