What did you get in GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

7A*s, 6As and a B :tongue:
Original post by EmyJ14
7A*s, 6As and a B :tongue:

Woah what did you get in each subject?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Woah what did you get in each subject?

A*s in maths, French, Italian, core science, additional science, physics and history (our school made us do normal science and triple science, for some reason :rolleyes:)
As in English language, English literature, biology, chemistry, AiDA and CiDA (ICT qualifications which are equivalent to two GCSEs)
B in FSMQ additional maths

:smile:
Original post by EmyJ14
A*s in maths, French, Italian, core science, additional science, physics and history (our school made us do normal science and triple science, for some reason :rolleyes:)
As in English language, English literature, biology, chemistry, AiDA and CiDA (ICT qualifications which are equivalent to two GCSEs)
B in FSMQ additional maths

:smile:
oh wow how did you revise for maths and what exam board did you do?
oh wow how did you revise for maths and what exam board did you do?

I was on Edexcel for maths and OCR for additional maths. To revise, I did a lot of practise questions- I had the Edexcel revision workbook and I did most of the questions from that- and then just did a lot of past papers! I also made flashcards to learn formulae and rules.
Original post by EmyJ14
I was on Edexcel for maths and OCR for additional maths. To revise, I did a lot of practise questions- I had the Edexcel revision workbook and I did most of the questions from that- and then just did a lot of past papers! I also made flashcards to learn formulae and rules.

Oh ok thanks for your help and very good results!
Oh ok thanks for your help and very good results!

No problem! Good luck with your exams :smile:
3 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs and a Merit.
Original post by EmyJ14
No problem! Good luck with your exams :smile:

Thanks
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
3 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs and a Merit.

Nice, what did you get seperately?
Original post by samb1234
Not who you asked but got a* with distinction in aqa level 2 further maths. I would say the most important thing is to understand the content well, and then once you know the content do the past papers to get a feel for the questions. Make sure you know the trig values you need in non calc paper (use the triangles rather than trying to memorise a massive table) as well as things like how to use the identity matrix to work out transformation matrices. I would disagree with the other poster that in the exam its about flicking back and forth ti try and find questions you can answer - if you put the work in theres no reason it cant be like any other exam

"The majority won't be able to go through the paper normally, its more of flicking back and forth trying to pick up marks here and there."

Im not saying it's all about flicking back and forth. I'm saying most people won't be on track for an A* with distinction like you as we are not that clever. And so it is better to not spend precious time on a question if you don't understand it, and as there are usually lots that are hard, one can find them self flicking back and forth. But that's okay, I mean I got an A*,

Anyway what grades did you get?! Must have been awesome if you got an A* with distinction in further! Great job man!
Original post by Zaydy3
"The majority won't be able to go through the paper normally, its more of flicking back and forth trying to pick up marks here and there."

Im not saying it's all about flicking back and forth. I'm saying most people won't be on track for an A* with distinction like you as we are not that clever. And so it is better to not spend precious time on a question if you don't understand it, and as there are usually lots that are hard, one can find them self flicking back and forth. But that's okay, I mean I got an A*,

Anyway what grades did you get?! Must have been awesome if you got an A* with distinction in further! Great job man!

I see your point, but at the same time you also have to remember that each question is still based on a topic from the sylabus, and if you know the content from there in theory you should be able to attempt every question, even if some questions take longer than others. It is a good idea not to spend too long on any one question. Ended up with 11a* one a(in english lit)
Original post by samb1234
I see your point, but at the same time you also have to remember that each question is still based on a topic from the sylabus, and if you know the content from there in theory you should be able to attempt every question, even if some questions take longer than others. It is a good idea not to spend too long on any one question. Ended up with 11a* one a(in english lit)

Cool, i got 11 A* and an A in further maths but then got it remarked and it went to an A* so 12 A*

And those are great results, what are you doing for a levels?
Original post by Zaydy3
Cool, i got 11 A* and an A in further maths but then got it remarked and it went to an A* so 12 A*

And those are great results, what are you doing for a levels?

Doing maths further maths physics and chemistry at a2 atm. You? (And well done on yiur results btw)
(edited 8 years ago)
21 A*s 9 As 1 C
Original post by Daniel9998
21 A*s 9 As 1 C

Sure!
4a* 4a 1b :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chlktrain135
4a* 4a 1b :smile:

Nice, how did you revise for maths and what did you get in maths?
I got an A* for Maths :tongue:

Mind you, I did GCE O Levels, but my advice to you could prove helpful.

Just study the formulae, analyse them (if you have time) so that you know how to apply them and how they could help you. Also, practice past year papers so that you know when to apply the formulae you just learnt.

In addition, after class, try to reread what the teacher has taught you and work out how all the concepts blend together from topic to topic. You want to reach that 'aha' moment where you finally get it and (almost) no question related to it will stump you.

At least that's how I did it anyway :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chlktrain135
I got an A* for Maths :tongue:

Mind you, I did GCE O Levels, but my advice to you could prove helpful.

Just study the formulae, analyse them (if you have time) so that you know how to apply them and how they could help you. Also, practice past year papers so that you know when to apply the formulae you just learnt.

At least that's how I did it anyway :smile:

A* in O LEVEL?!?!?! I CANT EVEN GET AN A* IN GCSE?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Latest