Hope this helps and that your studying is going well :smile:
a = 2ms-2
Mass of caravan = 400kg

Tension = FUN
FUN = ma
FUN = 400 x 2
FUN = 800N
Therefore, answer C

Thank you, again. I don't really know why I needed help on that, its pretty easy.

Thank you and i hope your studying is going well too. Are you doing your higher's too?
Original post by molly221
Thank you, again. I don't really know why I needed help on that, its pretty easy.

Thank you and i hope your studying is going well too. Are you doing your higher's too?

Don't worry about it- sometimes I find the easiest questions are the hardest as I end up looking for problems where there aren't any and then end up getting annoyed with myself when the answer was quite obvious.
My studying is going ok, some days I'm really productive and some days I just can't seem to do anything!
Yes, I'm doing highers too (maths, English, chemistry, physics, biology, music). What subjects are you picking for next year?
Reply 4
Original post by Labrador99
Don't worry about it- sometimes I find the easiest questions are the hardest as I end up looking for problems where there aren't any and then end up getting annoyed with myself when the answer was quite obvious.
My studying is going ok, some days I'm really productive and some days I just can't seem to do anything!
Yes, I'm doing highers too (maths, English, chemistry, physics, biology, music). What subjects are you picking for next year?

You are completely right, that is what I do all the time.
Yeah, I am the same sometimes really productive and others it is really hard to get into it.

For my higher's this year I am studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography and English. Next year, I am taking advanced higher Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I also chose to do Crash higher computing science although I am going to switch to crash Biology. How is higher Bio? The reason I am switching is because I am considering dentistry at uni which requires Higher Bio.
What are you taking for a sixth year?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah, I am the same sometimes really productive and others it is really hard to get into it.

For my higher's this year I am studying Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography and English. Next year, I am taking advanced higher Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I also chose to do Crash higher computing science although I am going to switch to crash Biology. How is higher Bio? The reason I am switching is because I am considering dentistry at uni which requires Higher Bio.

Currently doing higher bio,

IT ****ING SUCKS DICK

Don't do something you will spend the next year regretting
Reply 6
@molly221

Why don't you just use the higher physics thread??
Reply 7
Original post by Jeff548
Currently doing higher bio,

IT ****ING SUCKS DICK

Don't do something you will spend the next year regretting

Haha, I really don't want to do Bio. Although i need it for dentistry.

Also in what ways does it what you said???? Is it hard????
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Jeff548
@molly221

Why don't you just use the higher physics thread??

Yeah I should as I will get more responses. Thanks for telling me about it.:smile:
Reply 9
Yeah I should as I will get more responses. Thanks for telling me about it.:smile:

Just easier because everyone who does physics can see at least.

Srsly, bio right now takes up HOURS of my day. It's just a bulk load of memorising and that's it. Not a lot but a bulk load and I studied na5 bio history and busman which are just ku so trust me, it sucks but I'm sure you will get your A.
Reply 10
Original post by Jeff548
Just easier because everyone who does physics can see at least.

Srsly, bio right now takes up HOURS of my day. It's just a bulk load of memorising and that's it. Not a lot but a bulk load and I studied na5 bio history and busman which are just ku so trust me, it sucks but I'm sure you will get your A.

Haha. I hope all those hours memorising pays off: I am sure it will as hard work always pays off. I guess its like geography, i feel like all i do is memorise stuff for it. What other subjects are you taking for your higher's???

Would it be human biology or biology? I do human biology so I can only speak for that, although some of this will apply to both... The concepts are usually reasonably straightforward. It basically requires a lot of memorisation, so I find it quite time consuming to study. There seems to be a huge amount of stuff in the course- even the how to pass textbook is really big by comparison to any of the other ones! However, it is definitely very doable as a crash higher and the people in my school who are doing it as a crash higher seem to be doing well in it.
I want to be a vet, so in S6 I have to do advanced highers in biology and chemistry for the minimum requirements, and then I want to do both AH maths and AH physics (ideally, I would do the same 3 as you, but I need to do biology), but I don't know if the timetable will work or if I'll be allowed to do 4...I just can't wait to drop English!
Have you finished all of the course for all of your subjects and the assignments?
Reply 12
Would it be human biology or biology? I do human biology so I can only speak for that, although some of this will apply to both... The concepts are usually reasonably straightforward. It basically requires a lot of memorisation, so I find it quite time consuming to study. There seems to be a huge amount of stuff in the course- even the how to pass textbook is really big by comparison to any of the other ones! However, it is definitely very doable as a crash higher and the people in my school who are doing it as a crash higher seem to be doing well in it.
I want to be a vet, so in S6 I have to do advanced highers in biology and chemistry for the minimum requirements, and then I want to do both AH maths and AH physics (ideally, I would do the same 3 as you, but I need to do biology), but I don't know if the timetable will work or if I'll be allowed to do 4...I just can't wait to drop English!
Have you finished all of the course for all of your subjects and the assignments?

Its just Biology, my school only offers that.

At my school even 3 advanced higher's and a crash higher is not recommended, so I don't know if you will be allowed to do four but i am sure if you get the grades you want this year ( presumably 5 A's and i hope you get that) you should be fine and the school should allow you. Doing 4 advanced higher will mean a lot of studying and no free periods in school but it will all be worth it in the end.
English, I hate it!!!!!! I cannot wait until the 5th of May to get it over and done with. What are you studying for your critical essay and your Scottish poems? xx
Its just Biology, my school only offers that.

At my school even 3 advanced higher's and a crash higher is not recommended, so I don't know if you will be allowed to do four but i am sure if you get the grades you want this year ( presumably 5 A's and i hope you get that) you should be fine and the school should allow you. Doing 4 advanced higher will mean a lot of studying and no free periods in school but it will all be worth it in the end.
English, I hate it!!!!!! I cannot wait until the 5th of May to get it over and done with. What are you studying for your critical essay and your Scottish poems? xx

I don't know if I will be allowed to, and I can at least start 4 and if I find that I don't like one or it's too much, I can always drop maths or physics.
I genuinely really hope that you get the grades you want too.
If English wasn't compulsory, I probably wouldn't have picked it, but I can't wait to get it done, even though the thought of doing it terrifies me! I am doing MacCaig for Scottish text after telling the teacher I did not have a clue what was going on in Men Should Weep due to the Scottish dialect of Glasgow slang! I did MacCaig for N5 too, so it was just a case of learning the poems again. For the critical essay, I am doing the novel Brighton Rock, which is driving me mad! What texts are you doing?
Haha. I hope all those hours memorising pays off: I am sure it will as hard work always pays off. I guess its like geography, i feel like all i do is memorise stuff for it. What other subjects are you taking for your higher's???

I did geography last year for N5, and yes- you are right- it's EXACTLY like geography in that respect!
Reply 15
I don't know if I will be allowed to, and I can at least start 4 and if I find that I don't like one or it's too much, I can always drop maths or physics.
I genuinely really hope that you get the grades you want too.
If English wasn't compulsory, I probably wouldn't have picked it, but I can't wait to get it done, even though the thought of doing it terrifies me! I am doing MacCaig for Scottish text after telling the teacher I did not have a clue what was going on in Men Should Weep due to the Scottish dialect of Glasgow slang! I did MacCaig for N5 too, so it was just a case of learning the poems again. For the critical essay, I am doing the novel Brighton Rock, which is driving me mad! What texts are you doing?

Aww thank you. And the same to you. As getting the grades you want will mean you will get to do veterinary, which will be absolutely amazing as well as equally rewarding. So all the best Labrador99. (Haha: excellent name choice).

Me too, I would have picked Biology. It is quite good that you have prior knowledge of MacCaig, so you will hopefully have an advantage. I would imagine, the colloquial dialect would be really hard. I come from Glasgow and I don't think I would know the majority of the language used. :biggrin: For set text I am doing Robert Burns! It is so hard, and like you, although due to the old scots dialect i have no idea what is going on in any of the poems (ok... maybe a slight exaggeration but only because we annotated it). I am not looking forward to that aspect of the exam. I have never heard of Brighton Rock( good luck with it, go onto spark notes it MIGHT(not entirely sure and I haven't looked) help. Is it good? I am doing 'A Streetcar Named Desire', which I actually like and understand.

What university would you like to attend for veterinary?
(edited 8 years ago)
Aww thank you. And the same to you. As getting the grades you want will mean you will get to do veterinary, which will be absolutely amazing as well as equally rewarding. So all the best Labrador99. (Haha: excellent name choice).

Me too, I would have picked Biology. It is quite good that you have prior knowledge of MacCaig, so you will hopefully have an advantage. I would imagine, the colloquial dialect would be really hard. I come from Glasgow and I don't think I would know the majority of the language used. :biggrin: For set text I am doing Robert Burns! It is so hard, and like you, although due to the old scots dialect i have no idea what is going on in any of the poems (ok... maybe a slight exaggeration but only because we annotated it). I am not looking forward to that aspect of the exam. I have never heard of Brighton Rock( good luck with it, go onto spark notes it MIGHT(not entirely sure and I haven't looked) help. Is it good? I am doing 'A Streetcar Named Desire', which I actually like and understand.

What university would you like to attend for veterinary?

The name is because I have a Labrador called Gordon :smile:- I would have went for ChocolateLabrador, but that was too long!
Wow- I don't think I could do Burns, or if I did, it would be with great difficulty, although I do like hearing other people saying his poems.
I'm not sure whether I like the novel because that I need to analyse it and I hate analysing books- I want to just read them! It's about crime, gangs and murder and if I saw it on a shelf, I probably wouldn't pick it. I will have a look on Spark Notes, thanks for the advice.
Glasgow and Edinburgh are the only 2 in Scotland and I wouldn't refuse an offer from either of them to be honest! Where do you want to study dentistry?
Are you doing the REACH programme for dentistry?
Reply 17
The name is because I have a Labrador called Gordon :smile:- I would have went for ChocolateLabrador, but that was too long!
Wow- I don't think I could do Burns, or if I did, it would be with great difficulty, although I do like hearing other people saying his poems.
I'm not sure whether I like the novel because that I need to analyse it and I hate analysing books- I want to just read them! It's about crime, gangs and murder and if I saw it on a shelf, I probably wouldn't pick it. I will have a look on Spark Notes, thanks for the advice.
Glasgow and Edinburgh are the only 2 in Scotland and I wouldn't refuse an offer from either of them to be honest! Where do you want to study dentistry?
Are you doing the REACH programme for dentistry?

Burns is extremely hard. I am panicking for it especially the 10 mark question at the end. Thats the same as me, don't mind reading but when it comes to analysing a book it is horrible. I hope spark notes has something. That is definitely how I am able to do well in essays.

Well I hope everything goes to plan with getting into vet school at either Edinburgh or Glasgow. They are both fantastic Universities.
I am applying for Edinburgh and Glasgow too. St Andrews would be my preferable choice although they do not offer dentistry. Out of Glasgow and Edinburgh, I would prefer Edinburgh so that I can experience Uni life away from home.

No, I have never heard of the REACH programme.Ughhh my school it doesn't tell us about this sort of stuff!!!

Have you go any course backups for university?
Burns is extremely hard. I am panicking for it especially the 10 mark question at the end. Thats the same as me, don't mind reading but when it comes to analysing a book it is horrible. I hope spark notes has something. That is definitely how I am able to do well in essays.

Well I hope everything goes to plan with getting into vet school at either Edinburgh or Glasgow. They are both fantastic Universities.
I am applying for Edinburgh and Glasgow too. St Andrews would be my preferable choice although they do not offer dentistry. Out of Glasgow and Edinburgh, I would prefer Edinburgh so that I can experience Uni life away from home.

No, I have never heard of the REACH programme.Ughhh my school it doesn't tell us about this sort of stuff!!!

Have you go any course backups for university?

Hi there, sorry to but in I just noticed another hopeful dentist and couldn't help myself 😂. I am also applying to Glasgow but I didn't actually know Edinburugh do a dental coarse, I thought it was only Dundee and Glasgow. I'm studying Duffy and Chrichton Smith. Finding them not to bad but Crichton smith can be boring at times.
Reply 19
Original post by Euan1603
Hi there, sorry to but in I just noticed another hopeful dentist and couldn't help myself 😂. I am also applying to Glasgow but I didn't actually know Edinburugh do a dental coarse, I thought it was only Dundee and Glasgow. I'm studying Duffy and Chrichton Smith. Finding them not to bad but Crichton smith can be boring at times.

http://www.dentistry.ed.ac.uk/mclindent

I am pretty sure that Edinburgh do dentistry. At least this link to the uni website makes it out as if it does???

Some of my peers are studying Crichton Smith and have said this.

How are you finding the studying?

Hope you get the grades you want and are you doing the REACH programme @Labrador99 was talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending