The Student Room Group

Muslim woman prevented 2nd IS Paris attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
With a grain of truth, yes. :wink: This is how I am with most people, even ones whom I don't consider naive and undereducated. :tongue:

I don't really know her, but I've seen some of her 'arguments', and they're mostly unimpressive apologia. (I also seem to remember her saying somewhere that she never questions her faith, which would make any argument about with her about her religious beliefs a waste of time almost by definition.)

Easy mistake to make. :h:

thats what happens when you dont know the person sense of talking :colondollar: - i thought you were always been serious huh...
so no more arguments from now on... deal? :colondollar:
so....

Spoiler

Original post by fatima1998
thats what happens when you dont know the person sense of talking :colondollar: - i thought you were always been serious huh...

I'm almost never serious when not discussing ideas of any importance. :tongue:

so no more arguments from now on... deal? :colondollar:

No, thank you. :hand: I like arguing. :danceboy:

so....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
I'm almost never serious when not discussing ideas of any importance. :tongue:

No, thank you. :hand: I like arguing. :danceboy:

Spoiler

the thing is that i am just not gonna debate anymore.... :plz2:
i you wanna say noo then say noo.... i dont force people to join my group you know :nah:
Original post by fatima1998
so you don't hate me... but you dislike me :dontknow:
then why you always target me... i get scared - we never had a "normal" chat- we have always been arguing
but if you really want to argue about Islam then @HAnwar would be a good choice :redface:
as you said before i am an uneducated girl so i need to learn more and have more experience...

Er no thanks Fatima.
Original post by HAnwar
Er no thanks Fatima.

okay :lol:
Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you watch the Channel 4 programme "What British Muslims Really Think" at 10:00pm tomorrow evening, when you will find out that you are wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/half-of-british-muslims-want-gay-sex-banned-says-poll/

Tenets is plural, all I see is a rather flimsy article claiming that half of British Muslims want gay sex banned, extrapolated from a much smaller opinion poll.

What about the dozens of other things that Islam says which evidently the Western Muslims today ignore?
If she didn't get some kind of reward the French should be in full riot, useless idiots get awards for less everyday.
Original post by Hydeman
With a grain of truth, yes. :wink: This is how I am with most people, even ones whom I don't consider naive and undereducated. :tongue:

I don't really know her, but I've seen some of her 'arguments', and they're mostly unimpressive apologia. (I also seem to remember her saying somewhere that she never questions her faith, which would make any argument about with her about her religious beliefs a waste of time almost by definition.)

Easy mistake to make. :h:

No, I said I don't 'doubt' it. There's a difference.
Original post by HAnwar
No, I said I don't 'doubt' it. There's a difference.

In the sense that I've used 'question' in that post, it's synonymous with 'doubt.'
Reply 109
Original post by Frank Underwood
What about the dozens of other things that Islam says which evidently the Western Muslims today ignore?

Such as?
Original post by Josb
Such as?

killing non-believers
Original post by Frank Underwood
Tenets is plural, all I see is a rather flimsy article claiming that half of British Muslims want gay sex banned, extrapolated from a much smaller opinion poll.

Either read the article in the Sunday Times magazine or watch the Channel 4 programme.
Original post by Good bloke
Either read the article in the Sunday Times magazine or watch the Channel 4 programme.

I have posted a thread with the original results from the company that produced the survey

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4014431
Original post by Bob Mackenzie
There are pro and con in every argue ment. She is against radical islam. Not all Muslims hate you or me. You can not intelligently hate anything as a group when the group consists of individuals. You have to judge the individual not the group.
Are radical Muslims terrorists or freedom fighters. It was American bombs that created so many orphans thirteen years ago that are pissed off fighters today.

She would actively support an ideology that has a main stream interpretation calling for the death and subjugation of the people that you love.

Regardless of her interpretation, this is just a fact known by all. At best she can claim willful ignorance. Ignorance isn't innocence.

A pacifist Nazi that believes Nazism means peace, is still the enemy of any Jewish person/society with a sense of self preservation. Hate has nothing to do with it, if a person calling for the death of your family isn't your enemy the who is? Even if done our of ignorance this person should be considered an enemy.
Original post by KimKallstrom
The article in the OP is from a newspaper's website you imbecile. The Daily Mail, no less.

You cretin it did not make the front page did it?! - I rest my case
The women tend not to want to be proper muslims anyway. Given half the chance they would leave islam so as to stop wasting their lives.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
She would actively support an ideology that has a main stream interpretation calling for the death and subjugation of the people that you love.

Regardless of her interpretation, this is just a fact known by all. At best she can claim willful ignorance. Ignorance isn't innocence.

A pacifist Nazi that believes Nazism means peace, is still the enemy of any Jewish person/society with a sense of self preservation. Hate has nothing to do with it, if a person calling for the death of your family isn't your enemy the who is? Even if done our of ignorance this person should be considered an enemy.

You make some broad stroked assumptions about her support of ideology being a followed as a fanatic does. There are Jews who hate Palistinians and Jews who do not. There are Americans who hate Muslims abd those who do not.
By her actions she does not hate non Muslims.She in fact wants peace not war. You obviously want war not peace.
You make some broad stroked assumptions about her support of ideology being a followed as a fanatic does.

What 'broad stroked assumptions' did I make, her religion is the very same one people would invoke before killing us and enslaving our families. The second part of that sentence doesn't make sense, I can't respond to it.

By her actions she does not hate non Muslims.She in fact wants peace not war. You obviously want war not peace.

This is a 'broad stroked assumption'. You seem to want to talk about her motivations and how she feels or how we feel or how Americans feel. Emotive jibba jabba that doesn't matter, I don't care how well intentioned the person propagating my death and subjugation is. I don't care if she is ignorant of the fact. And I especially don't care how she feels.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
What 'broad stroked assumptions' did I make, her religion is the very same one people would invoke before killing us and enslaving our families. The second part of that sentence doesn't make sense, I can't respond to it.

This is a 'broad stroked assumption'. You seem to want to talk about her motivations and how she feels or how we feel or how Americans feel. Emotive jibba jabba that doesn't matter, I don't care how well intentioned the person propagating my death and subjugation is. I don't care if she is ignorant of the fact. And I especially don't care how she feels.

You don't read well then. She obviously does not want people being killed. You are preaching hate not her. All religions are open to interpretation. She obviously does not agree with the radical believers of this religion.
You don't read well then. She obviously does not want people being killed. You are preaching hate not her. All religions are open to interpretation. She obviously does not agree with the radical believers of this religion.

What !?

Are you kidding me !?

My English comprehension is far and above yours, I understand what you posted. Some of your previous post, as I already stated, was completely illegible........... and you're going to insult my English skills?

The bloomin cheek, I know primary school children that can articulate themselves better than I have seen you attempt to.

I've already said her motivations and intentions do not concern me, you clearly don't have any sort of reasonable stance on the issue and obviously lack the reasoning skills to understand anyone else's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending