The Student Room Group

Muslims: Opinions please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How does he like his rotis?
Original post by RoyalMarine
Religion wastes your life. I've said it on another thread and I repeat it loud and clear. FFS leave religion and enjoy life

Sir, you are completely entitled to your own opinion. But please keep in mind that voicing your opinion where it is not needed can be the cause of initiating a fight.
Ask a lottt of questions...even things you think aren't a big deal - ask!
You don't want an issue coming up after marriage that you two disagree on, it causing arguments because you forgot to ask or talk about it beforehand..
Original post by Marzy-Sama
Sir, you are completely entitled to your own opinion. But please keep in mind that voicing your opinion where it is not needed can be the cause of initiating a fight.

Religion is ridicolous. Parents arranging a marriage in 2016?Calling other parents to make their son marry their daughter? I would run and punch anyone on my way even if it was my parents.
Religion wastes your life. I've said it on another thread and I repeat it loud and clear. FFS leave religion and enjoy life

Interesting opinion. Not relevant at all here though.
Religion is ridicolous. Parents arranging a marriage in 2016?Calling other parents to make their son marry their daughter? I would run and punch anyone on my way even if it was my parents.

That is completely understandable, and you remain completely entitled to that opinion. But, must I remind you? It is not your parents. And frankly, no one asked about what you'd do were it to be your parents.
I am once again forced to inform you that it is impolite to voice your opinion where it is not needed. xx

Stop being foolish. You're trying to act like you know what you're talking about and you're failing.
What do you look for in a husband?
Ask about his deen maybe? Try and find out how practicing he is? If that's what you're going after.
If you care about intellect, then enquire about his intelligence, and studies.
Talk about his job. Ask about his hobbies, see if they match yours to some extent.
Ask some sneaky psychological questions that would determine the type of personality he has, to see whether you like it or not.
You should also see what he looks for in a wife and consider whether you possess those qualities. Because this marriage is for both of you. Not just you, or just him.
Talk about his job and his earnings, if money is something you're after.
Ask if he has any illnesses maybe, so you're prepared for that.

But sister, I think you should mainly enquire about his Islam, and how practicing he is. Because at the end of the day, that's what matters the most. Because you must both work together to attain Jannah. And also, you need to keep in mind that he will be the father of your children.

So, ask yourself, what do you really want from him?

Thank you ill take it all into consideration :h:
Original post by AJ KO
You want to marry a "bot"?

Also, wtf is a "rishta"?

Is this a UK-based student room, or the Pakistani room? :lolwut:

U kniw ahat i meant.

Also ur wntitiled to ur own opinion
Original post by fatima1998
you need guts to take action...
you need to be more open to showing that guy that you ain't less and you are confident - dont let him dominate you :nah:

Yeah.. i guess so! Think i will pm u later :lol:

Ur entitled to ue own opinion
Original post by ZS1

:rofl:
Original post by Biryani007
Ask a lottt of questions...even things you think aren't a big deal - ask!
You don't want an issue coming up after marriage that you two disagree on, it causing arguments because you forgot to ask or talk about it beforehand..

Thank you! I will ask relevant qus
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you ill take it all into consideration :h:

Feel free to pm me if you need and tell me how it goes xx
Original post by ZS1
ask him where he's taking you on a honeymoon? and whisper in his ear whether he likes hoe jabis:wink:

That's just plain creepy and extremely disturbing.
If I were him, I'd run away.

Yeah.. but.. awks

Wel your planning to marry a random person you have never met before, nothing can get more 'awks' than that...
Ask him had had any past relationships?
Ask him about his deen?
What hes doing with his life?
If he hasn't become anything yet , what he wants to become?
Ask about him in general?
His hobbies & everything & anything else you want?
Original post by ZS1

lol you made my day even though I cant make them fffs :biggrin:
Reply 34
That's just plain creepy and extremely disturbing.
If I were him, I'd run away.

Relax it's just a joke:lolz:. But seriously though she might need to know when they're going to try for a baby
Original post by ZS1
ask him where he's taking you on a honeymoon? and whisper in his ear whether he likes hoe jabis:wink:

Lololol no thanks :rofl:
Feel free to pm me if you need and tell me how it goes xx

Deffos will do thank u x

Original post by Ayaz789
Ask him had had any past relationships?
Ask him about his deen?
What hes doing with his life?
If he hasn't become anything yet , what he wants to become?
Ask about him in general?
His hobbies & everything & anything else you want?

Thanks, i will.

Overall feel nervous, even tho its just about 10 days to go until they come over...

Thanks, i will.

Overall feel nervous, even tho its just about 10 days to go until they come over...

Hahha just stay calm , dw it'll all be good Inshaa'Allah:smile: stay happy thats it😂
http://www.zawaj.com/articles/marriage_questions.html
This has it all :smile:
Good Luck and I advice you to pray Istikahrah Salah as this will help you make the best decision inshAllah :smile:
dont get married in my opinion as of now, your too young, live and enjoy life, maybe you might meet the love of your life later on, travel the world, earn money, buy and do things you thought you would never do, also i wouldnt say yes very soon; go out a few times... i think of marriage especially asian arranged marriages as big shackles on young women who have the potential to do so much... there is so much to life other than marriage... i hope you realise this before its too late... i want to learn krav maga, learn to ride a motorbike, travel the world, earn enough to support my family through hard times before i get married, if i do meet the love of my life on the way great, i hope he supports me but i dont want to get married early
Original post by Ayaz789
Hahha just stay calm , dw it'll all be good Inshaa'Allah:smile: stay happy thats it😂

Lol staying happy is the plan :lol: inshaAllah.

Thank you tho

Quick Reply

Latest