The Student Room Group

How do I get 10 A*s for gcse?

Anyone who has received all A*s, could you please share some advice and tips on how to revise?

btw I am studying:
-English lit
-English lang
-Maths
-Biology, Chemistry, Physics (triple science)
-History
-Religious studies
-Physical education
-Spanish

All advice, much appreciated.
Reply 1
By studying hard, revising past questions and repeating.
Reply 2
Bribes
Pray
Reply 4
Original post by Attempt
By studying hard, revising past questions and repeating.

I have my first physics P1 exam in exactly 43 days and I have not yet started doing any serious revision.

Please help!
Original post by 124751
Anyone who has received all A*s, could you please share some advice and tips on how to revise?

btw I am studying:
-English lit
-English lang
-Maths
-History
-Religious studies
-Physical education
-Spanish

Wing RE - it's not worth it.

Learn most of the vocabulary for Spanish.

Mindmap and timelines for history and practising essays.

Read the book that you're studying for English lit and make sure you know it inside out - make character profiles and link key themes and quotes to each character.

Maths, English lang, and sciences are all about practice. Practice makes perfect.

Nothing to offer for PE - sorry, I never did it.

Don't stress though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Past papers and you could use YouTube for most of your subject. If you are really desperate get a private tutor.
Original post by 124751

btw I am studying:
-English lit
-English lang
-Maths
-History
-Religious studies
-Physical education
-Spanish

other than the core subjects i also studied two of the same subjects as you: history and french (okay fine one but hey its a mfl) for history i would advice writing out notes and following your specification - for example: specification states "why did the weimar republic end up failing?" And many other questions and sub topics then i would answer them. I would also recommend buying a revision guide as well as using johndclare (i think???) and bbc bitesize. for spanish try and find a list of A/A* vocab and learn at least 5-10 a day and try and get as high as possible on your courseworks!! isididjdh and for maths maybe look in to the first three chapters in C1 edexcel - it basically has A/A* questions that would be used for gcse papers :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Get off TSR and revise.

Quick Reply

Latest