The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

UCA epsom

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ashley Robertson
I would, make the most of the experience! Although my flat is private its still part of a large house that has been converted to student accommodation, so other students are only a door away and we can dip in and out of each others place!

so do you already know people going to the same uni , or have u just planned to live in a private accommodation by yourself?
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Original post by whydocowsfall
I feel like for foundation year you may as well stay at home for one more year, and then afterwards that's when you move out! Though of course everyone's different! ^-^

Yes, I went to an open day a few months ago! It was raining and miserable though and the course leader seemed really grumpy so I didn't get the best impression haha, but I feel like she was probably just having a bad day - and all the other people I talked to were super friendly! I spent absolutely ages talking to one of the students who was showing off all the little things students had made using their resources like the 3D printer and book-binding machine. :':wink: (I'm so excited about the book-binding, it's unreal! I want to just make books all day! :biggrin:)

Yeah, they didn't sell the course or uni to me during the open day but the interview was amazing! haha, I love the print room! I cant wait to get my hands on it all :smile:
Original post by laksi
so do you already know people going to the same uni , or have u just planned to live in a private accommodation by yourself?

I planned it as i knew before the applications were even open that i wasn't going to get halls :smile:
Yeah, they didn't sell the course or uni to me during the open day but the interview was amazing! haha, I love the print room! I cant wait to get my hands on it all :smile:

It's honestly the best place I've seen in terms of resources! I remember going to the photography place and I don't even care that much about cameras but the fact that it was so easy to use so much amazing equipment made me want to want to take photos.

I also kind of enjoyed the fact that there was a surprisingly large number of Tardis-themed things around. I think I even saw an entire Tardis door in one of the rooms!
Reply 24
I planned it as i knew before the applications were even open that i wasn't going to get halls :smile:

oh right , i might not get the halls either, but still undecided.
@laksi @Ashley Robertson I got a place!! I guess I'll be seeing you guys next year! :biggrin:
@laksi @Ashley Robertson I got a place!! I guess I'll be seeing you guys next year! :biggrin:

Congrats! How was it? :biggrin:
Reply 27
Hi everyone! (Hi laksi :h:)
I come from Italy and last month UCA offered me a place for a foundation year in art and Design, I'm so excited! I've applied for halls :smile:
Original post by sfof
Hi everyone! (Hi laksi :h:)
I come from Italy and last month UCA offered me a place for a foundation year in art and Design, I'm so excited! I've applied for halls :smile:

We'll be on the course together! What sort of art do you like doing? (:

Congrats! How was it? :biggrin:

It went really well! They were as nice as you said they would be and they really liked my work! ^-^
Reply 29
We'll be on the course together! What sort of art do you like doing? (:

It went really well! They were as nice as you said they would be and they really liked my work! ^-^

I really like drawing and painting, but also making jewels out of polymer clay, and you? :smile:
Reply 30

That's great you got it ....well done :biggrin: I am excited in meeting all of you and its going to be a great year for us. Lets just get our a levels done and dusted :biggrin:
Original post by sfof
I really like drawing and painting, but also making jewels out of polymer clay, and you? :smile:

Oh wow, making jewels sounds really interesting! I love drawing as well, I can't stop! :':wink: I think I'll probably be going down the graphics route ^-^

Original post by laksi
That's great you got it ....well done :biggrin: I am excited in meeting all of you and its going to be a great year for us. Lets just get our a levels done and dusted :biggrin:

Thanks! (: And yes! We'll have to focus on studies for now, haha, but I'm so excited for next year!! We'll have to make sure we recognise each other - it'll be so great to go in knowing people! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by laksi
Hi I am starting a foundation degree in Epsom in september in art and design. I would love to know people going to the uni before I start. ☺😊

Hi there, I am also starting foundation in Art and Design in September ~ I don't know anybody going. When was your interview? Are you excited?
Reply 33
hello, thats great you are also starting in September . My interview was around 2 months ago i think. Yes i am excited to start at uca as its a really nice uni , how about you? And i would love to know a some people before i go uni ..so i don't feel so lost :biggrin:
Original post by 0_oMiko_0
Hi there, I am also starting foundation in Art and Design in September ~ I don't know anybody going. When was your interview? Are you excited?
Reply 34
Oh wow, making jewels sounds really interesting! I love drawing as well, I can't stop! :':wink: I think I'll probably be going down the graphics route ^-^

Thanks! (: And yes! We'll have to focus on studies for now, haha, but I'm so excited for next year!! We'll have to make sure we recognise each other - it'll be so great to go in knowing people! :biggrin:

Yes, i agree its going to be an exciting year, after exam we should hang out and prepare for uni life :smile:
Reply 35

Yes it's one of my favourite hobbies! I think I'll choose your same route because drawing is my passion :h: I'd like to learn 3d animation!
Original post by laksi
Yes, i agree its going to be an exciting year, after exam we should hang out and prepare for uni life :smile:

Yes! We should definitely do something like organise a meet up for the people on our course from here - that would be really fun! :biggrin:

Original post by sfof
Yes it's one of my favourite hobbies! I think I'll choose your same route because drawing is my passion :h: I'd like to learn 3d animation!

Animation would be so interesting! They actually suggested I might be interested in it at my interview and they mentioned that they have some foundation students doing stop motion at the moment, so I think that's definitely something we could try on the course!!
Original post by laksi
hello, thats great you are also starting in September . My interview was around 2 months ago i think. Yes i am excited to start at uca as its a really nice uni , how about you? And i would love to know a some people before i go uni ..so i don't feel so lost :biggrin:

Hi, I'm so sad I just found out I shan't be going to UCA anymore due to a matter of practicality *sigh* i was so excited!! Have fun though guys, I'm sad I shan't be joining you!!
Reply 38
ahh. good luck where ever you go:smile:
Original post by 0_oMiko_0
Hi, I'm so sad I just found out I shan't be going to UCA anymore due to a matter of practicality *sigh* i was so excited!! Have fun though guys, I'm sad I shan't be joining you!!
Does anyone know if there's a facebook group for people starting next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending