The Student Room Group

What job did you hate the most?

Morning all :smile:

Wondered whether anyone had a job they really hated or maybe they are currently in one you could share your stories?

Years ago I worked part time over the weekend at Primark and absolutely hated every minute was there for 2 years. It was so messy and busy also having to work in fitting room some days made me want to cry.

So what's yours?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

idk but i would seriously dread being a TSR mod
Reply 2
Yes I did last year I was working as an Administrator, I hated it. They put a lot of pressure on you to work fast to meet the targets and they'd shout when you got things wrong. It was a horrible experience to say the least.
Reply 3
Original post by darkvibes

I think it would be cool to be a mod.
Reply 4
Original post by sabana
Yes I did last year I was working as an Administrator, I hated it. They put a lot of pressure on you to work fast to meet the targets and they'd shout when you got things wrong. It was a horrible experience to say the least.

How horrible :frown: hope you have found something enjoyable now? :h:
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
How horrible :frown: hope you have found something enjoyable now? :h:

Really bad, I would cry almost everyday. They should have been more supportive I think. I used to get really scared whilst working that I'll do something wrong and get told off. Also they wanted you to do a lot of work for little money and they'd constantly check how much you did. Wasn't worth it. Thanks I love the job I'm in now it's so much more enjoyable and relaxed :smile:
Reply 6
Telesales - Selling life insurance.
Reply 7

I expect its no different than working in any other customer services department.
Original post by Reue
I expect its no different than working in any other customer services department.

Except without the satisfaction of doing something meaningful and contributing to society.
Original post by chikane
I think it would be cool to be a mod.

Depends what you mean by 'cool'
Reply 10
Except without the satisfaction of doing something meaningful and contributing to society.

Please :rolleyes:

Again; how is that any different to the majority of corporate office jobs?
I love and hate my job

Staff are nice - some customers are not so much
Original post by Reue
Please :rolleyes:

Again; how is that any different to the majority of corporate office jobs?

A TSR mod takes down Greatguys threads, bans those who oppose islamophobes on TSR who dare to oppose others and other trivial things. They then get paid.

Or as they put it 'We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.'

I think its obvious that a corporate office job has a more meaningful contribution to society.
Reply 13

I do not think they get paid
Reply 14
A TSR mod takes down Greatguys threads, bans those who oppose islamophobes on TSR who dare to oppose others and other trivial things. They then get paid.

Or as they put it 'We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.'

I think its obvious that a corporate office job has a more meaningful contribution to society.

I think it's obvious you've no idea what you're talking about. Please point out a Support Team member who gets paid and works in their offices...
Original post by Reue
I think it's obvious you've no idea what you're talking about. Please point out a Support Team member who gets paid and works in their offices...

You know exactly what im talking about. I mean the CT. I jusr copied the bit at the bottom.

You dont seem to know what you're talking about. Its insulting to a corporate office job to compare the work they do to the TSR CT team
Original post by M14B
I do not think they get paid

the CT do
Reply 17
You know exactly what im talking about. I mean the CT. I jusr copied the bit at the bottom.

You dont seem to know what you're talking about. Its insulting to a corporate office job to compare the work they do to the TSR CT team

Again; you've no idea what you're talking about. The CT only spend a minority of their time doing actual moderation, theyve plenty of other duties around here.

I get that you think you're having a pop at the man on here, but really you're just coming across as an ignorant fool.
I hated doing street sales.
Reply 19

It is voluntary though and you could add it to your CV which would look interesting to have a chat about with an employer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending