The Student Room Group

Changing course after first year

I failed the first year of my course due to health issues and finding some aspects honestly just too hard for me to complete no matter how much I did at home and I now know this course is not for me, it focuses more on technology whereas I want to be more involved in the art aspect of the industry.

However I started this year in a completely wrong course (changed within the first week or so) so I'm worried they might not take me seriously. I'm also worried that there may not be any spaces left already (I want to go into illustration from an animation course).

I'm scheduled to talk to my lecturer and head of course next week, they were going to let me repeat first year but I really want to change to Illustration.
I'm hoping they'll just let me change course so they can get rid of me haha.

Will there still be spaces left? When do college courses normally stop letting people in?
Original post by Rabco
I failed the first year of my course due to health issues and finding some aspects honestly just too hard for me to complete no matter how much I did at home and I now know this course is not for me, it focuses more on technology whereas I want to be more involved in the art aspect of the industry.

However I started this year in a completely wrong course (changed within the first week or so) so I'm worried they might not take me seriously. I'm also worried that there may not be any spaces left already (I want to go into illustration from an animation course).

I'm scheduled to talk to my lecturer and head of course next week, they were going to let me repeat first year but I really want to change to Illustration.
I'm hoping they'll just let me change course so they can get rid of me haha.

Will there still be spaces left? When do college courses normally stop letting people in?

Is it a university level course?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Is it a university level course?

It's a 2 year HNC at college
Original post by Rabco
It's a 2 year HNC at college

There's a possibility you might have problems funding it, check your okay for funding before you go planning anything :smile:
Reply 4
There's a possibility you might have problems funding it, check your okay for funding before you go planning anything :smile:

Does SAAS not give you a 'false start' year?? (My first week in the other course didn't count :smile: )
Original post by Rabco
Does SAAS not give you a 'false start' year?? (My first week in the other course didn't count :smile: )

Oh if it was only a week it shouldnt be a problem :smile:
Reply 6
Oh if it was only a week it shouldnt be a problem :smile:

Ah thank you, made me less stressed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending