The Student Room Group

Does doing 3 AS levels reduce my chance of getting in a good uni

Hi,
I'm in year 12 and I started off in September doing 4 AS levels but late last year I was finding chemistry really difficult and I decided to drop it as my other subjects started to began affected.
I'm doing well in my other subjects: history, religious studies and Maths and predicted AAA for my AS levels
However, I'm worried that only doing 3 AS levels meant that I will be at a disadvantage to other people who did 4. I really want to study history at either Warwick , UCL or LSE which is highly competitive and so was wondering if anyone that had done 3 AS levels went into a good uni and if doing 3 put them at a disadvantage
I'm also going to do an EPQ as well this year if that helps as well
Thank you
Izzy
You should check university websites they sometimes have pages on what they favour certain students over others on. Also I highly doubt you'll be at a disadvantage, 3 A-levels is the standard amount so it would be quite discriminatory for uni's to favour more than that, my friend has an offer of A*AA at Cambridge with just 3 A-levels.
Reply 2
Original post by Trackstar
You should check university websites they sometimes have pages on what they favour certain students over others on. Also I highly doubt you'll be at a disadvantage, 3 A-levels is the standard amount so it would be quite discriminatory for uni's to favour more than that, my friend has an offer of A*AA at Cambridge with just 3 A-levels.

Did your friend do 4 as levels then drop one or start off with 3 as levels then carried on to 3 a levels?
Original post by 15076848
Did your friend do 4 as levels then drop one or start off with 3 as levels then carried on to 3 a levels?

He did 3 AS levels

Quick Reply

Latest