The Student Room Group

Girls dating older guys - Damaged?

I know a lot of girls who date or seek attention from older guys, married men, in their 30s to 50s, etc. They look down on guys their age

some are in good relationships but a lot of the time its not (e.g. i know a girl who flirts and maybe sleeps with her boss who runs a small business, and hes in his 40s :lol:)

ngl some of them are peng. Are girls who go for older guys damaged though?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If the older guy has a wife, then it is not a good relationship. But when girls go for single but older guys its because they prefer the maturity than the guys at their same age. Older guys are damaged in the sense that they scarred enough in life and means that whatever situation they are into they can manage and handle it well.
Reply 2
Original post by ellej93
If the older guy has a wife, then it is not a good relationship. But when girls go for single but older guys its because they prefer the maturity than the guys at their same age. Older guys are damaged in the sense that they scarred enough in life and means that whatever situation they are into they can manage and handle it well.

I meant are the girls damaged soz :tongue:

The girls arent necessarily mature though
What sort of age are we talking? I'm 25 dating a 35 year old. I wouldn't say I'm damaged, I just prefer older guys as they're less likely to be going out getting drunk at clubs etc. I've got a kid so I'm not into that scene.
Reply 4
Original post by Alice__90
What sort of age are we talking? I'm 25 dating a 35 year old. I wouldn't say I'm damaged, I just prefer older guys as they're less likely to be going out getting drunk at clubs etc. I've got a kid so I'm not into that scene.

I think the kid makes u different from most girls like this :smile:

My female friends are in early 20s, so seeking out guys who are 15 to 30 yrs older.
If they're seeking guys who are already with someone else (and it's not an open relationship), then the girls are indeed dysfunctional. I suppose that you can't help who you fall in love with, but most people would choose to forget about the person if they are with someone else. For serial third parties, I'm not exactly sure what causes them to want someone that they can't have, it might have something to do with how taken men who are already taken are in demand, and they want someone who's in demand. Same goes for (but less commonly) men who go for married women and LGBT couples.

I don't know why the "dating older men" part is relevant though, the title should be 'Girls going for unavailable men - Damaged?'
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't be a stereotypical prick.
Original post by Sad Beta

If I don't like being referred to in a discriminatory and sexist way, and want to talk to guys able to use the English language, then yeah sure, I'm damaged.
Reply 8
I know a lot of girls who date or seek attention from older guys, married men, in their 30s to 50s, etc. They look down on guys their age

some are in good relationships but a lot of the time its not (e.g. i know a girl who flirts and maybe sleeps with her boss who runs a small business, and hes in his 40s :lol:)

Are you jealous cuz you get none?
Can we say the same for males who date older women? I mean really.
Reply 10
Original post by Heartweaver
If they're seeking guys who are already with someone else (and it's not an open relationship), then the girls are indeed dysfunctional. I suppose that you can't help who you fall in love with, but most people would choose to forget about the person if they are with someone else. For serial third parties, I'm not exactly sure what causes them to want someone that they can't have, it might have something to do with how taken men who are already taken are in demand, and they want someone who's in demand. Same goes for (but less commonly) men who go for married women and LGBT couples.

I see as many guys going for married chiks
I meant are the girls damaged soz :tongue:

The girls arent necessarily mature though

Think your question is ridiculous, i prefer older guys i've never been attracted to people my age or younger but that's cause i like how mature they are not because i'm damaged.
Original post by chikane
Think your question is ridiculous, i prefer older guys i've never been attracted to people my age or younger but that's cause i like how mature they are not because i'm damaged.

+1 :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by chikane

how much older
I'm not sure how this is a thing.
Women aren't damsels in distress. If they're attracted to men of any age, it isn't because they're damaged or hurt. It's because the person has a quality they like - stability, less testosterone-laden actions or a straightforward confidence perhaps?

Why does it matter to you why women date people who aren't you?
Reply 15
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I'm not sure how this is a thing.
Women aren't damsels in distress. If they're attracted to men of any age, it isn't because they're damaged or hurt. It's because the person has a quality they like - stability, less testosterone-laden actions or a straightforward confidence perhaps?

Why does it matter to you why women date people who aren't you?

STRONG username to post correlation

ayyy lmao
Reply 16
In my experience, no.

Spoiler

Older guys are hawt :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
how much older

I'll be honest i have been attracted to someone 17 years older than me but they look 10 years younger if you saw him but we had an emotional connection and i was worried at first about the age gap but he is so lovely and sweet usually i would say 10 years older but i made an exception, plus he is single no kids btw.
Original post by chikane
I'll be honest i have been attracted to someone 17 years older than me but they look 10 years younger if you saw him but we had an emotional connection and i was worried at first about the age gap but he is so lovely and sweet usually i would say 10 years older but i made an exception, plus he is single no kids btw.

Oh my guy has kids :s-smilie: one is my age, the rest older except his son who I got mad at my guy and told him keep it up and I'll date your son ...lol our relationship has been different ever since but I was angry :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending