The Student Room Group

Won't let go

So, I decided a couple of months ago that my relationship with my boyfriend wasn't working and I wanted to end it. He didn't do anything wrong, but to me the spark was just gone and I didn't feel in love with him anymore so to me, it was just wasting our times being together.

I told him I wanted to break up and that I didn't see us being together as he's in the process of buying a house and I'm still at that stage where I want to go out and party or travel, rather than settle down with a mortgage.

He's not letting go at all, he says we're just in a rut and can get out of it. He says we need to try and that he loves me. I do love him, but more in a friend way and I've told him that the sparks gone and I think it's over but he's just not having it.

Do you guys have any advice?
restraining order
Original post by Anonymous
So, I decided a couple of months ago that my relationship with my boyfriend wasn't working and I wanted to end it. He didn't do anything wrong, but to me the spark was just gone and I didn't feel in love with him anymore so to me, it was just wasting our times being together.

I told him I wanted to break up and that I didn't see us being together as he's in the process of buying a house and I'm still at that stage where I want to go out and party or travel, rather than settle down with a mortgage.

He's not letting go at all, he says we're just in a rut and can get out of it. He says we need to try and that he loves me. I do love him, but more in a friend way and I've told him that the sparks gone and I think it's over but he's just not having it.

If you aren't in a serious relationship why would move in with him. If you think your relationship has not future tell him youre leaving him whether or not he buys a new house
Original post by Anonymous

push him away, in any case you've got some back up to scare him away right?

Spoiler

Reply 4
Speak to him one more time and tell him it's definitely over. Tell him you only see him as a friend. Though I don't think you should continue to be friends because that'll mean he'll always remain hopeful about you two getting back together.
You need to cut him out if he can't accept being without you, block his number etc and don't talk to him, it'll be easier for him to move on that way.
Tell him you're sleeping with someone, kabam, hell ignore you and then he'll block you on everything making your life that little bit easier 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending