The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I do this with girls I like, I feel like if I do this with others around people will start wondering why I chose her to talk to. It's silly I know.

Lol awwwwwww, but just to let you know.. some girls can see that as a turn off
Yeah true. Tbh we don't really have a friendship...

He just asks about work based stuff or how the holiday was thats it.

I guess it depends how it would affect your mutual friends or work dynamic if you stopped speaking. If you're not interested and don't really see him as a friend then there's no harm in cutting the conversations shorter and letting it die down naturally.
Yeah, especially when it is only me he does that to. Do you think he's crushing?

He doesn't know what he's doing, he is just not confident enough to talk among friends so clearly trying to sink his teeth into you when alone.
Original post by ripjonsnow
Thats quite...B*tchy no?

He'll get the end message though init?

Original post by darkvibes
Cos its awkward asf

Why would it be awk if you only see her as a friend?
It's probably to do with nerves, so I wouldn't think it that weird at all.
Original post by Charlotte49
I guess it depends how it would affect your mutual friends or work dynamic if you stopped speaking. If you're not interested and don't really see him as a friend then there's no harm in cutting the conversations shorter and letting it die down naturally.

Well true, I will see...

If I do see him alone and he starts the convro I will ask.

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
He doesn't know what he's doing, he is just not confident enough to talk among friends so clearly trying to sink his teeth into you when alone.

I'm kinda confused
Original post by Ed Phelan
It's probably to do with nerves, so I wouldn't think it that weird at all.

Why be nervous if you see her only as a friend/ classmate or nothing?

Cos others won't, its hard to explain

Its like cos i wont have told anyone about her and they would just assume its bae
Perhaps he is shy and likes you?

He might not want to say anything infront of others to potentially embarrass himself.

That's just wrong. I am so sick of this. Guys lingering around nervously and staring at my ass, but won't speak because of alll along the big secret is "embarrassment?" :rolleyes: And then he has the nerve to call you insecure when you go off on him for being emotionally detached.
Useless specimen.

Anyway :redface:
Well true, I will see...

If I do see him alone and he starts the convro I will ask.

I'm kinda confused

He likes you (which is why he singles you out)
He is nervous around your friends
What do you do when you fear something? You avoid it.

That's it really.

If he was clever he'd use your friend to his advantage...
Why be nervous if you see her only as a friend/ classmate or nothing?

Some people are just nervous in social situations. Maybe your friends are so loud that the only way he can get a word in edge-wise is when you're alone.
Why would you initiate a conversation with one particular girl ONLY when you're both alone, and if someone is around you don't talk at all?
maybe he feels uncomfortable when someone else is there
Original post by LittleMissMay
That's just wrong. I am so sick of this. Guys lingering around nervously and staring at my ass, but won't speak because of alll along the big secret is "embarrassment?" :rolleyes: And then he has the nerve to call you insecure when you go off on him for being emotionally detached.
Useless specimen.

Anyway :redface:

You know whats wrong? When a guy manages to build up the courage to ask a girl out then she crushes him? Not her fault, but you cant blame the guy for lacking confidence based on the chances of it being harder for a male to pursue a relationship than females.
The embarrassment is from from you, its from the after effect of people judging them.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
He likes you (which is why he singles you out)
He is nervous around your friends
What do you do when you fear something? You avoid it.

That's it really.

If he was clever he'd use your friend to his advantage...

Yh well there has been several occasions which suggests he likes me tbh. I never initiate the conversation, he does

Original post by Ed Phelan
Some people are just nervous in social situations. Maybe your friends are so loud that the only way he can get a word in edge-wise is when you're alone.

My friends are pretty quiet, and most of the time I am alone anyways

Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
maybe he feels uncomfortable when someone else is there

Probs, but he isn't uncomfortable talking to other girls when I am around or anybody else in that
He'll get the end message though init?

That is not what a friend is. Re-evaluate your definition of friendship. It looks like you are looking for drama.

I had feelings for this girl, we were friends for a year. I told her, she shot me down, I have nothing against her, nor does she have anything against me. But it is very, if not extremely awkward being in her presence.

We no longer talk sadly, she said she wanted to be friends, so I tried to be friends, but after she found out I liked her, she started making excuses to ignore me.
That is not what a friend is. Re-evaluate your definition of friendship. It looks like you are looking for drama.

I had feelings for this girl, we were friends for a year. I told her, she shot me down, I have nothing against her, nor does she have anything against me. But it is very, if not extremely awkward being in her presence.

We no longer talk sadly, she said she wanted to be friends, so I tried to be friends, but after she found out I liked her, she started making excuses to ignore me.

Well we're not even friends, well not according to me. We hardly talk. If we're alone before class i.e nobody else turned up he will talk about work.

I'm kinda confused

I'd be confused too. Dealing with this headache of an insecure bastard as well.

I'll tell you what happened and where we are now if I may (I'd dm you but you're in Anonymous):

so he and I had a class last year together, but he never spoke, never really acknowledged my existence but I've caught him checking me out. That's honestly all the indicator I need. So I'm used to guys staring but being shy with me so I decide let me warm up and be nice to him from time to time without looking thirsty. So I thank him for emailing me an assignment, the first words I ever uttered in his direction. He texts back right away with "you're welcome! :smile:." So I leave it there. Now he knows I'm not frigid I suppose was my goal.

Next time I see him we're in the library and he doesn't queue on the queue, though he's queuing lol because he stands in the front of the line facing me and he's on his phone. He looks up when he sees I notice him and smiles like a sexy hey smile and walks over to me, so we speak blah blah. Well we start talking from there veeerry closely, dating, sexting etc but he's much older than me and kinda shy around me even though he's the most popular and professor-praised student on our course!?

So I'm confused like wth, you're a philanderer :colonhash: a player :colonhash: So I tell him that :teehee: and so he tells me to leave him alone and I say no lol and demand he explains why he toyed with me. He says he didn't, he wanted a relationship but I showed him a have a temper and he's using that as an excuse :rolleyes:

So for the past month or so it's been me trying to make nice with him, and he responds being cordial, then won't respond sometimes, then sees me in person and doesn't speak which pisses me off because we're very close like I've seen your penis dude, but then he randomly stops by to see me :curious: So I'm thinking even though it sucks he was probably trying to be nice just to calm me down and he still wants to sex me but doesn't want to text me :lol: which is a big hell to the mother****ing no so I'm single and hate life and **** men :h:
Original post by darkvibes
Cos others won't, its hard to explain

Its like cos i wont have told anyone about her and they would just assume its bae

had 1 gf that didn't work out and one friendship made awkward (girl friend in the literal sense asked me to prom friends made fun) because I would speak to girls in public while at school, ship happy/vindictive friends who may have feelings for the mutual friend can make things very difficult for you when talking in public. So speaking in public can be an issue even if your feelings for the other person are totally platonic just because friends are ****ers.
You know whats wrong? When a guy manages to build up the courage to ask a girl out then she crushes him? Not her fault, but you cant blame the guy for lacking confidence based on the chances of it being harder for a male to pursue a relationship than females.
The embarrassment is from from you, its from the after effect of people judging them.

:rolleyes: Pluck up the courage and keep it there. OP's issue AND MINE are the dudes who DON'T have courage and **** with our emotions because of THEIR insecurities. Have us thinking ALL ALONG it's US when it's simply HIM being a sheep. :colonhash:
I'd be confused too. Dealing with this headache of an insecure bastard as well.

I'll tell you what happened and where we are now if I may (I'd dm you but you're in Anonymous):

so he and I had a class last year together, but he never spoke, never really acknowledged my existence but I've caught him checking me out. That's honestly all the indicator I need. So I'm used to guys staring but being shy with me so I decide let me warm up and be nice to him from time to time without looking thirsty. So I thank him for emailing me an assignment, the first words I ever uttered in his direction. He texts back right away with "you're welcome! :smile:." So I leave it there. Now he knows I'm not frigid I suppose was my goal.

Next time I see him we're in the library and he doesn't queue on the queue, though he's queuing lol because he stands in the front of the line facing me and he's on his phone. He looks up when he sees I notice him and smiles like a sexy hey smile and walks over to me, so we speak blah blah. Well we start talking from there veeerry closely, dating, sexting etc but he's much older than me and kinda shy around me even though he's the most popular and professor-praised student on our course!?

So I'm confused like wth, you're a philanderer :colonhash: a player :colonhash: So I tell him that :teehee: and so he tells me to leave him alone and I say no lol and demand he explains why he toyed with me. He says he didn't, he wanted a relationship but I showed him a have a temper and he's using that as an excuse :rolleyes:

So for the past month or so it's been me trying to make nice with him, and he responds being cordial, then won't respond sometimes, then sees me in person and doesn't speak which pisses me off because we're very close like I've seen your penis dude, but then he randomly stops by to see me :curious: So I'm thinking even though it sucks he was probably trying to be nice just to calm me down and he still wants to sex me but doesn't want to text me :lol: which is a big hell to the mother****ing no so I'm single and hate life and **** men :h:

Wow wth. Guys play around alot

Original post by Oilfreak1
had 1 gf that didn't work out and one friendship made awkward (girl friend in the literal sense asked me to prom friends made fun) because I would speak to girls in public while at school, ship happy/vindictive friends who may have feelings for the mutual friend can make things very difficult for you when talking in public. So speaking in public can be an issue even if your feelings for the other person are totally platonic just because friends are ****ers.

Oh well surely he'd actlike that towards every girl

:rolleyes: Pluck up the courage and keep it there. OP's issue AND MINE are the dudes who DON'T have courage and **** with our emotions because of THEIR insecurities. Have us thinking ALL ALONG it's US when it's simply HIM being a sheep. :colonhash:

That's why I'm ganna ignore. I'll treat him norma l

Latest