The Student Room Group

boyfriend bully?

I have been going out with my boyfriend for about 6 months, at first he was really nice, sweet, always complementing me etc. A few months down the line he started saying stuff like he'd prefer me with blonde hair and saying stuff like I would to random people in the street. He was possessive and jealous and always wanted me to go to his and do whatever he wanted to do. Now I have mentioned to him that we always do what he wants to do and other things I'm unhappy about he has started putting me down, calling me names, never listens to me... I was sick the other day and all he did was say I hope you're not pregnant,he didn't comfort me whatsoever. Why has he changed so much?!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have been going out with my boyfriend for about 6 months, at first he was really nice, sweet, always complementing me etc. A few months down the line he started saying stuff like he'd prefer me with blonde hair and saying stuff like I would to random people in the street. He was possessive and jealous and always wanted me to go to his and do whatever he wanted to do. Now I have mentioned to him that we always do what he wants to do and other things I'm unhappy about he has started putting me down, calling me names, never listens to me... I was sick the other day and all he did was say I hope you're not pregnant,he didn't comfort me whatsoever. Why has he changed so much?!

This is how it starts, next it'll be violence. You need to leave him. Don't think it's an exaggeration many people experience the same

https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/relationship-abuse/signs-to-spot/

Some people think that relationship abuse is just about violence, or physically forcing somebody to do something they don’t want to but that isn’t true. Abuse can be emotional and verbal, and could escalate to physical or sexual abuse. All types are serious and they’re never OK.
What is emotional abuse?
Some people use emotional abuse to control people. These signs can be more difficult to spot, but could include:
Getting angry when you want to spend time with your friends
Isolating you from friends and family
Threatening to spread rumours about you
Saying things like “If you loved me you would…”
Putting you down all the time, using names like ‘frigid’ or ‘slut’ to control what you do, humiliate you and destroy your self-esteem
Trying to control your life (telling you how to dress, who you hang out with and what you say)
Threatening to harm you or to self–harm if you leave them
Demanding to know where you are all the time
Monitoring your calls and emails, threatening you if you don’t respond instantly
Getting really angry, really quickly
Using force during an argument
Blaming others for their problems or feelings
Being verbally abusive
Using threatening behaviour towards others
Pressuring you to send them nude pictures
(edited 8 years ago)

Im terribly sorry you have to go through with this

At this point, he no longer cares about you like he used to, and is just using you for the girlfriend and sex status.

I know it can be awkward, upsettting or embarrassing to leave a relationship like this, but its better to do it sooner than later.
People get complacent and selfish. If you dont like him and he is making you unhappy then simply dump him. I dont agree the next step is violence, but id just make your mind up he wont change, you cnat change him so quit.
Don't let him dictate how you live your life, if he continues I would strongly suggest getting rid of him.
Get out of there love. You will thank us later.
Get out of there love. You will thank us later.

Yeah
Reply 7
Don't leave him yet. Regardless of what others are saying, have a good talk with him about the things he's done to upset you and how you don't want that in your relationship. Give it a few weeks to see if anything's changed.
Just leave him. Block all contact with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending