The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
You said he ignored cuz he was hurt but y

He may have been hurt because he saw you with another guy, and assumed you were close enough to engage in a relationship, which most likely caused him anxiety.
It can sometimes be slightly awkward for him.
Original post by ripjonsnow
He may have been hurt because he saw you with another guy, and assumed you were close enough to engage in a relationship, which most likely caused him anxiety.
It can sometimes be slightly awkward for him.

So he fancies me?
So he fancies me?

Potentially, but not fully. He may have you in mind as a "potential candidate", maybe a strong one.
Im sorry, I think I might be the wrong person to ask, ill re-read later (having migrain atm :/)
Perhaps I took this out of context, and maybe im wrong xD
I wouldn't. Not intentionally, at least.
Potentially, but not fully. He may have you in mind as a "potential candidate", maybe a strong one.
Im sorry, I think I might be the wrong person to ask, ill re-read later (having migrain atm :/)
Perhaps I took this out of context, and maybe im wrong xD

ok

Original post by Alexion
I wouldn't. Not intentionally, at least.

Exactly
I dunno, you were the one who started with the explicit language:

Why are you still talking to me.

Well a day before we broke up for easter He spoke to me when I was alone in the canteen. He said hi (my name) then stood in silence we spoke about random stuff then I dropped the convro. Later that day he heard me say bf but I didn't say I had one. When we finished college he saw me walking with a guy. The next day he ignored my existence, but after the hols said you ok ( name) I said yh whilst avoiding eye contact he asked whether I did anything good during the holiday. .
Look above

Well he's approaching you so he's still at least interested in your existence even if not in a relationship. But I agree with being short with him. You can only kiss up to him for so long. I simply take not trying as not being interested enough or at all. Unless you like never initiated anything, I mean if you've exhausted all options to let him know how you feel, the good and bad feelings:
-flirty body language
-flirty body lang and convo
-raunchy convo
-intimate behaviour
-civilly explaining grievances
-fighting
-breaking up
You've got nothing left except
-ignoring

If you haven't used all those yet then try them to the applicable situation.
Because they might start laughing at you...
Original post by LittleMissMay

I dont know love, you were the one who quoted me first?
For someone who apparently wants him to get over you and move on, you seem awfully frustrated and interested in his behaviour... so much so that you created a thread on a forum about him. Hmm, I don't think we need Sherlock on this one.
I know this guy who talks to me properly like friends when his friends aren't around, but when they are, he barely looks in my direction. I know it's nothing to do with a 'crush', but it's probably just an ego thing.
Original post by macromicro
For someone who apparently wants him to get over you and move on, you seem awfully frustrated and interested in his behaviour... so much so that you created a thread on a forum about him. Hmm, I don't think we need Sherlock on this one.

This has happened for months that's why. I'm analysing so if I'm in this situation in the future I knr what I should do
Original post by ikhan94
Because they might start laughing at you...

Childish

Well he's approaching you so he's still at least interested in your existence even if not in a relationship. But I agree with being short with him. You can only kiss up to him for so long. I simply take not trying as not being interested enough or at all. Unless you like never initiated anything, I mean if you've exhausted all options to let him know how you feel, the good and bad feelings:
-flirty body language
-flirty body lang and convo
-raunchy convo
-intimate behaviour
-civilly explaining grievances
-fighting
-breaking up
You've got nothing left except
-ignoring

If you haven't used all those yet then try them to the applicable situation.

I'm just ganna talk then ignore
Original post by Petrifiedcat
I know this guy who talks to me properly like friends when his friends aren't around, but when they are, he barely looks in my direction. I know it's nothing to do with a 'crush', but it's probably just an ego thing.

Exactly ego and why waste time on a pathetic person like that

Childish
I'm just ganna talk then ignore

Yea
Exactly ego and why waste time on a pathetic person like that

Yea

I'm not even ganna reply if he talks
I'm not even ganna reply if he talks

Okie
This has happened for months that's why. I'm analysing so if I'm in this situation in the future I knr what I should do

Self-delusion is a powerful thing.
I find it annoying, and want him to move on if he actually likes me

And that's exactly why he doesn't risk being publicly rejected. Tell him to buzz off privately if you don't want to be friends with him.

In these "woke" times guys are always walking on egg shells around girls. Literally anything a guy says can be taken as mis-gendering, misogynistic, hate speech, whatever even just saying hello is risky. Guys need to speak plainly and be spoken to plainly. But since "anything you say can and will be used against you" in the court of public opinion, guys are overly cautious. Not a criticism, jus' say'n.
Original post by Artim
And that's exactly why he doesn't risk being publicly rejected. Tell him to buzz off privately if you don't want to be friends with him.

In these "woke" times guys are always walking on egg shells around girls. Literally anything a guy says can be taken as mis-gendering, misogynistic, hate speech, whatever even just saying hello is risky. Guys need to speak plainly and be spoken to plainly. But since "anything you say can and will be used against you" in the court of public opinion, guys are overly cautious. Not a criticism, jus' say'n.

ay Artim is that u in the pic?