The Student Room Group

Is Smoking CLASSY?

Scroll to see replies

No, it's disgusting
Original post by fr0sr_
Now who's making generalisations? :wink: We've only had one little conversation? :wink:
You're reverting back to your working class pleb-tier roots with those sort of statements, Novascope. :biggrin:

It's not a generalisation at all. Nobody automatically has common sense, and I just pointed out that you clearly don't have it.

Please tell me, what class you're in and how old you are. I need to laugh if you're still a teenager or something because we all know your class is determined by your parents. So this snobbish attitude you have is quite hilarious, seeing as you've probably done squat to earn your position.
Original post by fr0sr_
x

PRSOM
Its not classy, but it can definitely look cool. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Reue
Most would consider that very much middle class.

Some may
But a builder can earn more than £50000.

I outlined, in my opinion, two of the criteria, but there are more such as education, place and type of residence etc
Original post by Novascope
It's not a generalisation at all. Nobody automatically has common sense, and I just pointed out that you clearly don't have it.

Please tell me, what class you're in and how old you are. I need to laugh if you're still a teenager or something because we all know your class is determined by your parents. So this snobbish attitude you have is quite hilarious, seeing as you've probably done squat to earn your position.

It's a generalisation, you've had one conversation and you're making an assumption that I don't have any common sense. You're a hypocrite.

Upper-middle class, and I'm in my mid twenties.
Another assumption, an incorrect one at that.
Sorry to disappoint. :h:
Reply 46
Original post by GeorgeB16
You're unbelievable you conservative pillock!

Is this a compliment?
:biggrin:
Original post by fr0sr_
It's a generalisation, you've had one conversation and you're making an assumption that I don't have any common sense. You're a hypocrite.

Upper-middle class, and I'm in my mid twenties.
Another assumption, an incorrect one at that.
Sorry to disappoint. :h:

If it walks and talks like a duck, then it's a duck. You displayed a lack of common sense and I pointed it out. Where is the hypocrisy and generalisation there sweetie?

Upper-middle class... mid twenties... Hmm... Interesting because you said you were 19 on other threads and starting uni soon. Lmfao, I don't buy your ******** honey. Pretending to be upper class online to look better is so pathetic. Anyway, it's sunny outside so I'm going to go enjoy my day. I hope you do too :smile:
Original post by Novascope
If it walks and talks like a duck, then it's a duck. You displayed a lack of common sense and I pointed it out. Where is the hypocrisy and generalisation there sweetie?

Upper-middle class... mid twenties... Hmm... Interesting because you said you were 19 on other threads and starting uni soon. Lmfao, I don't buy your ******** honey. Pretending to be upper class online to look better is so pathetic. Anyway, it's sunny outside so I'm going to go enjoy my day. I hope you do too :smile:

You're assuming and generalising my personality traits etc. based on a post, nice hypocrisy :biggrin:
I was asking for a friend pal, nice try anyway :wink:
Original post by fr0sr_
You're assuming and generalising my personality traits etc. based on a post, nice hypocrisy :biggrin:
I was asking for a friend pal, nice try anyway :wink:

Like I said, if there's a blatant display of something, how is it an assumption :/

You're just talking out of your arse now. Sure you were asking for a friend.
Nope.
Reply 51
Smoking is not classy, why ruin your good lungs?? Would you like a trade and have my asthmatic ones??!
Reply 52
Original post by Inazuma
I'd say the only kind of smoking that has any kind of class left is cigars.
Other than that no.

When someone says 'smoking' I don't picture Audrey Hepburn and a cigarette holder pinup.
I picture blokes with rough voices hiding in the rain desperate for a fag, or some hipster 'rebellious' student trying to badly form a rollie in their neon get up.

I love hipster girls the ones i know mostly smoke cigars :perv:
Original post by Sad Beta
I love hipster girls the ones i know mostly smoke cigars :perv:

That is the one downside to my cigar image, whilst I normally imagine a few of us having banter on the Commons Terrace over some champers and cigars; my image is blighted by the memory of my hipster housemates in dressing gowns with cigars whilst listening to atrocious music (though males in my case, mind).

I wonder how the ones you know afford it lol. Cheap cigars are awful!
Complete opposite
Original post by M14B
Is this a compliment?
:biggrin:

Far from it:biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Inazuma
That is the one downside to my cigar image, whilst I normally imagine a few of us having banter on the Commons Terrace over some champers and cigars; my image is blighted by the memory of my hipster housemates in dressing gowns with cigars whilst listening to atrocious music (though males in my case, mind).

I wonder how the ones you know afford it lol. Cheap cigars are awful!

Lol did they listen to electro? Why did you move in with them? :tongue:

Idk a lot of them went to art school and work as baristas etc but their middle class parents pay for them :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by M14B
Non white collar job
Salary under say £50,000

Jesus ****, only on TSR eh
Reply 58
Original post by SmashConcept
Jesus ****, only on TSR eh

What you're saying?
Are your parents poor?
Original post by M14B
What you're saying?