The Student Room Group

Retaking PSYA2 AQA A psychology (old spec)

Currently re-learning the whole of PSYA2 (Stress, Social Influence, Abnormality)
Wondering if anybody else is re-sitting this. I got 72 UMS last time I took it and now I only need 73 UMS for an overall A in A-level Psychology.

I have a few questions about the exam though. I've learnt all the information through videos from a psychology teacher, however she appears to have missed out a few things that are in my book. For example, I'm currently doing conformity, and am looking at how social change occurs, In the specification it says: How social influence research helps us to understand social change; the role of minority influence in social change. The videos that I've been learning from don't mention any researchers name in this part, and only explain how social change occurs, i.e drawing attention to an issue, the role of conflict, consistency and the augmentation principle.

I'm wondering if I'll ever be asked a question where I'll need to directly use research for minority social influence, or I can just use examples such as suffrogettes.
just go to this course
malpcourses co uk

here is a code for you
malpexclusive
They still have some spaces for psya2 resit day course and the code give you 45% off
Reply 2
Original post by ollieui
Currently re-learning the whole of PSYA2 (Stress, Social Influence, Abnormality)
Wondering if anybody else is re-sitting this. I got 72 UMS last time I took it and now I only need 73 UMS for an overall A in A-level Psychology.

I have a few questions about the exam though. I've learnt all the information through videos from a psychology teacher, however she appears to have missed out a few things that are in my book. For example, I'm currently doing conformity, and am looking at how social change occurs, In the specification it says: How social influence research helps us to understand social change; the role of minority influence in social change. The videos that I've been learning from don't mention any researchers name in this part, and only explain how social change occurs, i.e drawing attention to an issue, the role of conflict, consistency and the augmentation principle.

I'm wondering if I'll ever be asked a question where I'll need to directly use research for minority social influence, or I can just use examples such as suffrogettes.

Hello can you send me those videos you are talking about or send link to it cuz im also retaking them.
Original post by ollieui

Glad i'm not the only one re-taking it. How much have you done so far?
I have barely begun, i have finished making 12 mark model answers for stress and started doing some for abnormality (from my notes). However, i haven't actually consolidated them yet. Not sure if this is a good way of revising and considering i have such little time. I'm so worried. I got 60 ums marks on this one and 68 ums on unit 1. I was hoping to get an A. Don't know if that is possible now :frown:.
Im resitting too "crying" I have also not begun also A2 psychology sucks nothing is going in to my head :frown: :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saba.saba
Im resitting too "crying" I have also not begun also A2 psychology sucks nothing is going in to my head :frown: :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown:. Out of curiosity, what did you get at AS? If you don't mind me asking that is.
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Same :frown:. Out of curiosity, what did you get at AS? If you don't mind me asking that is.

I got a C wbu? :frown: but I just scraped that C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saba.saba
I got a C wbu? :frown: but I just scraped that C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I got a C too :frown:. I got a high C in unit 1 (one mark of a B) and scraped a C in unit 2, which is why i'm retaking it, to boast my grade up.
Original post by ollieui

Hi. I had this question before and i belief the only research carried out on this was by moscovici and how he proposed the elements of consistency, drawing attention, etc.

i guess for the research it refers to suffragettes
You could use this link to help you...

http://www.simplypsychology.org/minority-influence.html
Reply 9
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Glad i'm not the only one re-taking it. How much have you done so far?
I have barely begun, i have finished making 12 mark model answers for stress and started doing some for abnormality (from my notes). However, i haven't actually consolidated them yet. Not sure if this is a good way of revising and considering i have such little time. I'm so worried. I got 60 ums marks on this one and 68 ums on unit 1. I was hoping to get an A. Don't know if that is possible now :frown:.

Well I'm only doing 2 exams this year (finished school last year), so quite a bit. It's been 2 years since I studied it so I had to go back over everything and consolidate it. I've just finished consolidating it but I have lots of time as my 2nd exam is on 24th June.. There's a lot of extra stuff in this unit but I think it's quite easy to sim down and there's not actually a whole lot of stuff you need to know

Original post by -ihaveanidea-
Hi. I had this question before and i belief the only research carried out on this was by moscovici and how he proposed the elements of consistency, drawing attention, etc.

i guess for the research it refers to suffragettes
You could use this link to help you...

http://www.simplypsychology.org/minority-influence.html

Thank you very much, this is what I used and I'm using moscovici to show consistency now
Original post by ollieui
Well I'm only doing 2 exams this year (finished school last year), so quite a bit. It's been 2 years since I studied it so I had to go back over everything and consolidate it. I've just finished consolidating it but I have lots of time as my 2nd exam is on 24th June.. There's a lot of extra stuff in this unit but I think it's quite easy to sim down and there's not actually a whole lot of stuff you need to know

Thank you very much, this is what I used and I'm using moscovici to show consistency now

You welcome :smile: Have you looked at loopa?
Original post by ollieui

Would it be possible to share those videos as I am stuck for revision at the minute?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending