The Student Room Group

Muslim Left 'Bear Grylls the Island' because there were women in Bikinis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sfaraj
i gave a bad example, its like a vegan/vegetarian working at a slaughter house doesnt work does it?

and so what if thats his reason, so for the entertainment of everyone else he has to go against his beliefs and continue his experience awkwardly, he has as much right to leave the island as someone else despite the reasoning, hes human

It's not awkward though, he is the one making it awkward.

He should stop being a melt and give this once in a lifetime opportunity his all instead of melting within five minutes.

Should be ashamed of himself.
Original post by DeceitfulDove
It's an island. It's hot. There will be bikinis. Don't like it, don't go in the first place. I don't get this.

News is pushing this, I feel it's got much more to do with him missing his wife and kids.

I don't know about you, lady, but every time I go to a tropical place to catch some rays I like to wear a hooded parka, a beanie cap, snow dungarees, gloves, scarves, knitted socks, and Ugg boots ok :hand:
Am I the only normal one around here who wears joggers and trackies and trainers to the beach? :frown: lol
Original post by LittleMissMay
I don't know about you, lady, but every time I go to a tropical place to catch some rays I like to wear a hooded parka, a beanie cap, snow dungarees, gloves, scarves, knitted socks, and Ugg boots ok :hand:

:biggrin:

I went on holiday with my mate's family once, I remember we went to the beach and he was there in a hoody, camo jacket and jeans. He did get a tan on his hands though so that's nice.

Am I the only normal one around here who wears joggers and trackies and trainers to the beach?

Depends on weather.
Original post by sfaraj
hes muslim right

so as you may know muslims do not get into relationships unless its marriage, it just works that way okay? meanwhile many scholars and religious sources have stated that it is wrong, haram almost to look at someone of the opposite sex with lust or sexual attraction. although it is completely normal, muslims abstain from such things and thats chill, so people need to stop going wild over his reasons and beliefs hes only human

It wouldn't be an awkward situation if he wasn't being so frigid about it. The show's set on an island with a beach isn't it? What did you expect women to wear on the beach? Burkinis?
And I don't see how avoiding a place if there are women in bikinis is moral. You need to look up on what morality actually is.
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

I went on holiday with my mate's family once, I remember we went to the beach and he was there in a hoody, camo jacket and jeans. He did get a tan on his hands though so that's nice.

Depends on weather.

:biggrin: Like an Eskimo who got lost migrating during the Ice Age, and went to the Southern Hemisphere instead of the Northern :lol:
I laughed too loud at the tanned hands. Well done. There's no way you didn't take the mick outta him for that one :mmm:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It wouldn't be an awkward situation if he wasn't being so frigid about it. The show's set on an island with a beach isn't it? What did you expect women to wear on the beach? Burkinis?
And I don't see how avoiding a place if there are women in bikinis is moral. You need to look up on what morality actually is.

fwiw, as far as I know the blokes didn't know women would be there, they bumped into each other the second week after being dropped off in separate locations on the island. But you are right anyway tbh the fact a 26 year old bloke feels he can't be in a group like that is sad.
Reply 47
Does this mean that Bear Grylls actually had to use his survival skills on the island instead of cheating like usual and staying in a 4* hotel during shoots? I think we should be told.
fwiw, as far as I know the blokes didn't know women would be there, they bumped into each other the second week after being dropped off in separate locations on the island. But you are right anyway tbh the fact a 26 year old bloke feels he can't be in a group like that is sad.

I've seen Muslim guys a few times on the beach with their families and most of the time they don't even bat an eye to the women around them in bikinis. They literally just play with their kids, joke around with their wives and don't act all frigid unlike this pathetic weakling.

I even saw a Muslim guy and his wife was in a bikini. Her bod was amazing..:biggrin:
I've seen Muslim guys a few times on the beach with their families and most of the time they don't even bat an eye to the women around them in bikinis. They literally just play with their kids, joke around with their wives and don't act all frigid unlike this pathetic weakling.

I even saw a Muslim guy and his wife was in a bikini. Her bod was amazing..:biggrin:

Man has rules in his life, makes his own decision to leave without it bothering anyone else in any negative manner whatsoever. Still gets the flack for it.
Original post by Howard
Does this mean that Bear Grylls actually had to use his survival skills on the island instead of cheating like usual and staying in a 4* hotel during shoots? I think we should be told.

He isn't in the program really. There is nothing wrong with staying in hotels during shoots tbh. If you want someone who does it for real check out some Les Stroud.

Bear Grylls is just a guy that will drink piss on camera.
Reply 51
He isn't in the program really. There is nothing wrong with staying in hotels during shoots tbh. If you want someone who does it for real check out some Les Stroud.

Bear Grylls is just a guy that will drink piss on camera.

For my money the best one of all, and the earliest as far as I know, was a guy called "Bush Tucker Man" He had a show way back in the mid eighties. He was a Major in the Australian SAS that spend his time living and learning about survival from the Aboriginal people in northern Australia. I loved that show. Never seen a survivor style show to match it.

He (Les I think his name was) didn't drink his own piss for effect but I remember him showing you how to strip bark from a tree and building a canoe out of it! He was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QizyeEA3mL8
Original post by Howard
For my money the best one of all, and the earliest as far as I know, was a guy called "Bush Tucker Man" He had a show way back in the mid eighties. He was a Major in the Australian SAS that spend his time living and learning about survival from the Aboriginal people in northern Australia. I loved that show. Never seen a survivor style show to match it.

He (Les I think his name was) didn't drink his own piss for effect but I remember him showing you how to strip bark from a tree and building a canoe out of it! He was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QizyeEA3mL8

Thanks for this. I'll be torrenting this.

Stroud isn't the first to do the survival show thing but as far as I know he is the first to film himself and actually spend the night in these locations. Production isn't as glamorous as other programs cos it's all self shot on two cameras but you know it's real.

Have you heard of Ray Mears?

Also you might like the Primitive Technology Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE&nohtml5=False

honey your morals can be completely different to mine but we will never know, you dont know the guy or his morals so stop getting so deep

burkinis, wow, hilarious
It's not awkward though, he is the one making it awkward.

He should stop being a melt and give this once in a lifetime opportunity his all instead of melting within five minutes.

Should be ashamed of himself.

no he should not be ashamed of himself, he's done nothing wrong! he's not gonna sit there to please you if he doesn't like the situation

swear down if a white guy went to a tv show where his only companions were muslim, he'd probably go TERRORISTS and leave and everyone would agree with him
Original post by sfaraj
honey your morals can be completely different to mine but we will never know, you dont know the guy or his morals so stop getting so deep

burkinis, wow, hilarious

It's an actual form of swimwear sweetheart.
Original post by TheBoredOne
The non-muslims have families too. But I suppose the kuffars have less morals than Muslims.

If a non-Muslim left because of women in Bikinis, I certainly wouldn't think 'cool bro', I'd think it was embarrasing to be honest.

but non-muslims aren't taught to lower their gaze so ofc youd go not cool bro...
and i didnt say kuffars have less morals, different thats what it is

but if a non-muslim left because of hijabis and nigabis, then peope would go, phew dude you coulda been bombed!!
Reply 57
He showed a lack of mental endurance required for that whole challenge right from the start. I expect the bikini excuse was just trying to cover that up.
Original post by sfaraj
no he should not be ashamed of himself, he's done nothing wrong! he's not gonna sit there to please you if he doesn't like the situation

swear down if a white guy went to a tv show where his only companions were muslim, he'd probably go TERRORISTS and leave and everyone would agree with him

Grow up.
Grow up.

bloody hell right at the beginning i said it was a bit of banter but everyone got deep and serious, go chill your beans bruv

Quick Reply

Latest