The Student Room Group

Have you ever reached out to an ex after a year?

Or longer? :s-smilie:
Don't do it. It's been a year plus. Try to move on.
Move on with your life :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by georgiaswift

Original post by samina_ay
Move on with your life :redface:

I have moved on but I suddenly have thought of him and I wonder what he's doing, what he's up to, there was no closure, it was a forced moving on for me, emotionally. It's our break up anniversary and I naturally am feeling it. =\
Original post by Anonymous
I have moved on but I suddenly have thought of him and I wonder what he's doing, what he's up to, there was no closure, it was a forced moving on for me, emotionally. It's our break up anniversary and I naturally am feeling it. =\

If you had moved on then you wouldn't be upset on your "break up anniversary". The fact that it was a "forced break up" shows that he doesn't feel about you he way you do about him. If you contacted him you'd seem desperate and he'd probably pity you. Either way, it won't change anything.
Original post by Anonymous

I know how you feel, cos im talking from experience. but you have got to keep moving on--it doesn't matter if it's an anniversary or not; just accept it :redface:
You will be fine without him xxx
You'll be fine without it even when you feel like you won't ever be ok.

And answering the question, yes. Ironically it was the ex who cheated on me. He messaged me to say he was sorry for everything and asked for another chance. I said no.
I agree it's not a good idea. Its coming up to a year since my ex and I broke up. I think about him from time to time, however I wouldn't reach out to him after all this time. I did two months after we broke up and in the end I just realised that he didn't care anymore.
Reply 8
Yes I have, Just to see what I felt when I talked to her again. I felt nothing :smile:
someone just did that to me. Literally texted me the day after he ended it with the girl he left me for. Needless to say he wasn't well received :colonhash:

You always give good advice.
Op listen to Georgia she is always right.
Btw how did you get your name in purple I just saw it now :h:
Nope.

Not to say I'm noty friendly with exes, I'll often be more than friendly with them if I bump into them and if they ever became part of my social circle again that's fine to, but I don;t go out of my way to contact them.
Yes and we got back together and have been for 7 years now and haven't had any breaks in that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
No, leave them alone
Move on. Get tinder.
Original post by chikane
You always give good advice.
Op listen to Georgia she is always right.
Btw how did you get your name in purple I just saw it now :h:

You're too kind, thank you :h:
I'm a mod now, so my name changes colour so you know I'm part of the community team :smile:
You're too kind, thank you :h:
I'm a mod now, so my name changes colour so you know I'm part of the community team :smile:

oooh congratulations:h: think you should close Believeteam22 thread :biggrin:

On topic i wouldn't get in touch after a year as too much time has passed and my feelings would have disappeared for them by then hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending