The Student Room Group

is it wrong for a straight guy to like reality tv programmes?

OK, I cant believe im admitting this but I actually enjoy watching

Spoiler

. Im sure a lot of people will be thinking "urrrr hes only watching it coz of the ladies" or something more rude then that but surprisingly I started watching it because of wrestling and to see the real lives of the actors & actresses of my fav. soap opera (yes I classify wrestling as a soap opera). at first I was like, o god, its the bella bimbos (anyone see how the bella twins act in fornt of the camera + read behind the scene news articles and youll get why I use to call them the bella bimbos), nattie niedhart and some redhead who has had too much fake tan and red hair. but gradually I started developing more of an interest, and dare a say, sympathy towards these soap athletes and see how they are in manufactured and vulnerable situations.

yes I know reality tv is fake and it is blatantly obvious that none of these ladies can act, but it does offer some insight into their lives, how injury can affect their careers and their personal lives (not just the female cast but also male wrestlers like john cena and daniel bryan).

so yeah, are there any other stragiht guys out there who like reality tv programmes for non lewd / pervy reasons

apart from total divas, I also like cake boss, man vs food and car modding programs (+ top gear)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What kind of question is this lol.

You're free to watch whatever you like regardless of your sexuality. Unless its illegal, people shouldn't be judging you haha.

Y'see, you probs laughed at that meaning it doesnt matter what you watch, just do your thing and enjoy your thing

Watch what you like

Disclaimer: this post does not account for violence/rape/racist programmes please take all my posts with a lot of sarcasm, a whole bottle of salt and a joking mood, reading discretion is advised, terms and conditions apply, your statuary rights are affected
(edited 8 years ago)
Dude girls are going to have catfights over you.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

is there a slow clap emoji?
Reply 5
Toxic masculinity o'clock
Reality TV is basically comedy cos most of them make a fool of themselves
Reply 7
No... It is wrong. Really really wrong! Are you even straight? :colonhash:
Original post by ForestShadow

Y'see, you probs laughed at that meaning it doesnt matter what you watch, just do your thing and enjoy your thing

Watch what you like

Disclaimer: this post does not account for violence/rape/racist programmes please take all my posts with a lot of sarcasm, a whole bottle of salt and a joking mood, reading discretion is advised, terms and conditions apply, your statuary rights are affected

lol, not into that stuff. violence is only good in action films/ programmes and racism if used in comedy for humour rather than offence
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

That is so true!
Original post by quasa
is there a slow clap emoji?

Original post by ZuluK
No... It is wrong. Really really wrong! Are you even straight? :colonhash:

well 1 of the reasons why I got into it in the first place is because I was at a friends house and she was watching (shudders) kardashians (even saying that names makes me want to inflict self-harm) and I saw an advert for what I thought was wrestling but it turned out to be total divas.

ps, are you straight bro ?
Original post by quasa
OK, I cant believe im admitting this but I actually enjoy watching

Spoiler

. Im sure a lot of people will be thinking "urrrr hes only watching it coz of the ladies" or something more rude then that but surprisingly I started watching it because of wrestling and to see the real lives of the actors & actresses of my fav. soap opera (yes I classify wrestling as a soap opera). at first I was like, o god, its the bella bimbos (anyone see how the bella twins act in fornt of the camera + read behind the scene news articles and youll get why I use to call them the bella bimbos), nattie niedhart and some redhead who has had too much fake tan and red hair. but gradually I started developing more of an interest, and dare a say, sympathy towards these soap athletes and see how they are in manufactured and vulnerable situations.

yes I know reality tv is fake and it is blatantly obvious that none of these ladies can act, but it does offer some insight into their lives, how injury can affect their careers and their personal lives (not just the female cast but also male wrestlers like john cena and daniel bryan).

so yeah, are there any other stragiht guys out there who like reality tv programmes for non lewd / pervy reasons

apart from total divas, I also like cake boss, man vs food and car modding programs (+ top gear)

You are not making sense man
:confused:
Original post by ODES_PDES
You are not making sense man
:confused:

I watch total divas, cake boss and the other reality tv programmes listed on that post. usually girls / gay guys watch reality tv but I am straight (slightly metro but def hetero) and I watch total divas out of interest (well more to supplement my knowledge of WWE and if some storyline is kayfabe ie def fake or has some legitimate reason)
Original post by quasa
... usually girls / gay guys watch reality tv....

Says who?
Original post by darkvibes
Reality TV is basically comedy cos most of them make a fool of themselves

that and also its funny to see how badly a lot of them act
Original post by ODES_PDES
Says who?

mostly everyone I know lol. all the guys I know who watch reality tv programmes but its more for pervy reasons than interest (namely anything ending in shore or kardashians; heck most of the guys I know who watch total divas watch it for lewd/pervy reasons).

some reality shows I guess are ok for everyone (cooking programmes, top gear etc) but the rest are geared more towards feminine tastes I reckon.
Reply 17
Original post by quasa
well 1 of the reasons why I got into it in the first place is because I was at a friends house and she was watching (shudders) kardashians (even saying that names makes me want to inflict self-harm) and I saw an advert for what I thought was wrestling but it turned out to be total divas.

ps, are you straight bro ?

Ummmm I was being sarcastic... :tongue:

I'm a straight sis :biggrin:
dude I watch totals divas too loooool
Original post by ZuluK
Ummmm I was being sarcastic... :tongue:

I'm a straight sis :biggrin:

cool :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest