The Student Room Group

I have a procrastination problem...

I'm addicted to my PC and it's getting so close to my GCSE's, I've done a bit of revision but no-where near enough. I was wondering if there was a way of being able to revise without getting sidetracked by Facebook, Steam, Twitter etc.
I have problem's with my sex drive... I don't tell all of TSR! :biggrin:
Original post by Darcassan
I'm addicted to my PC and it's getting so close to my GCSE's, I've done a bit of revision but no-where near enough. I was wondering if there was a way of being able to revise without getting sidetracked by Facebook, Steam, Twitter etc.

Just think about results day
BTW! I might be late or something... but WTF is Facebook!????
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I have problem's with my sex drive... I don't tell all of TSR! :biggrin:

😂😂😂
Reply 5

Tell your parents about that. They will be happy to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
try going to your local library to revise, that's what most people I know who have this problem do. I stay at home but sit in a room where there are less distractions e.g. the conservatory
I know it might be difficult to give into this, but I reckon you should deactivate them all. Say you won't go back on your accounts till the last exam is done. You'll have something to look forward to!
Reply 8
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
I know it might be difficult to give into this, but I reckon you should deactivate them all. Say you won't go back on your accounts till the last exam is done. You'll have something to look forward to!

That's not a bad idea to be honest...
That's not a bad idea to be honest...

I should do it too to be fair, especially with my A-levels coming up thick and fast. I also have the same problem as you but I have managed to slim my time on social media down to about 3 quick times a day. I just put my phone in another room and sit in a room with no TV. My only problem is I have my laptop with me for my revision, but if I start to feel bored i'll end up on TSR or something.
Reply 10
My advice for you is that you need to channel your motivation first, starting by focusing of the positive reasons why you should do your studying eg outcome of putting in the effort now = best grade you could have achieved = feeling of accomplishment = being more confident next time round :h: or for certain subject that may lead you to further studying = progression towards career you want. With you saying you are addicted to you PC maybe it would be good for you to make a study plan BUT one thing you need to schedule in some time to do the stuff you like eg PC-ing, catching up on facebook etc. I recently just deleted the FB app on my mobile as I was wasting so much time so now if i want to check it I need to log in online, or even for thing like facebook and twitter set a 10/15 minute timer catch up on the stuff you want then onces you times up put your phone in a drawer and give your self a 'phone ban' for 2 hours whilst you study then have another break. I think its all about balance and allowing your self some time on the PC etc but just not excessive.

Just stick it now for the next 2 months and you won't regret it (advice coming from a 23 year old having to work full time whilst doing night classes (not easy) to catch up on grades i didnt spend the time trying to get at school, now my focus is on becoming a primary teacher and the fastest route i can get there is 5 years howveer even if I hadn't decided what I'd wanted to do once I left school if i'd just had basic highers Englsih Maths etc I would have been able apply for Uni straight away.... lesson learn I sopose haha imagine your future self if you don't stick in now.

Hope this helps, good luck with your exams!

Ps. Flash cards helped me massively when I was revising :smile:

Also write down your motivation and put it somewhere you can see daily... have a wee look on Actualized.org a youtube guy his videos helped me alot, look in the playlist of quick slef help, there is diffinitely a few videos to help you with procastination.
(edited 8 years ago)
sigh. GCSE'S
Reply 12
Original post by LucyM20
My advice for you is that you need to channel your motivation first, starting by focusing of the positive reasons why you should do your studying eg outcome of putting in the effort now = best grade you could have achieved = feeling of accomplishment = being more confident next time round :h: or for certain subject that may lead you to further studying = progression towards career you want. With you saying you are addicted to you PC maybe it would be good for you to make a study plan BUT one thing you need to schedule in some time to do the stuff you like eg PC-ing, catching up on facebook etc. I recently just deleted the FB app on my mobile as I was wasting so much time so now if i want to check it I need to log in online, or even for thing like facebook and twitter set a 10/15 minute timer catch up on the stuff you want then onces you times up put your phone in a drawer and give your self a 'phone ban' for 2 hours whilst you study then have another break. I think its all about balance and allowing your self some time on the PC etc but just not excessive.

Just stick it now for the next 2 months and you won't regret it (advice coming from a 23 year old having to work full time whilst doing night classes (not easy) to catch up on grades i didnt spend the time trying to get at school, now my focus is on becoming a primary teacher and the fastest route i can get there is 5 years howveer even if I hadn't decided what I'd wanted to do once I left school if i'd just had basic highers Englsih Maths etc I would have been able apply for Uni straight away.... lesson learn I sopose haha imagine your future self if you don't stick in now.

Hope this helps, good luck with your exams!

Ps. Flash cards helped me massively when I was revising :smile:

Also write down your motivation and put it somewhere you can see daily... have a wee look on Actualized.org a youtube guy his videos helped me alot, look in the playlist of quick slef help, there is diffinitely a few videos to help you with procastination.

Thanks so much!
Reply 13
If it helps mate, I'm addicted to my Xbox, and feel like I'm going to fail my gcse's and they're next month so rip my life😂

Quick Reply

Latest