The Student Room Group

Whats Happening in Europe is terrifying.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Badman Pingu
I have

Yeah he definitely mentioned islamophobia in the thread :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

If they are right, then I fear for Sweden.

How stupid do you have to be to think that Sweden might become a third world country, let alone one in 19 years?
P.S. that guy is trolling you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ravenous
How stupid do you have to be to think that Sweden might become a third world country in 19 years, let alone ever become one?

Because like most bigots, this idiot looks at stats and blindly believes it
Reply 23

While the rest of the world plays safe and completely ignores statistics. Much better idea.

Of course, because we're supposed to trust the born liars we elect into office to tell us the unbridled truth.

Ted Kennedy on the 1965 immigration bill that permanently changed the demographics of America. In 1965 America was 90% white, now something like 65%.

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs,” he said during the Senate debate."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thatsrealtalk
Of course, because we're supposed to trust the born liars we elect into office to tell us the unbridled truth.

Ted Kennedy on the 1965 immigration bill that permanently changed the demographics of America.

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs,” he said during the Senate debate.

Different context, not a valid comparison yeh buffoon.
(edited 7 years ago)
wow, the bigots are really stepping up their game on TSR as a platform for spreading their hateful propaganda. really sad.
your simple minded, i would expect better from someone mentally challenged.

😂😂
Original post by Mathemagicien
But don't you believe all Westerners are those things? Doesn't narrow it down much, then

well that would be insulting myself yeh cnt
You're frightened??? How do you think those poor migrants are feeling?
Original post by Platopus
You're frightened??? How do you think those poor migrants are feeling?

Yeah, paying £thousands to escape the tropical hells that are Nigeria, Mali, Gambia, and Senegal is terrifying. They just think they can earn a lot more in Europe, stop lying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ambusrocks
The whole migrant crisis genuinely terrifies me. I'm afraid of what is going to happen to Europe, I'm afraid of how this is going to affect our lives in the future. How will the European countries cope with all these people.

In particular I'm afraid of what will happen to Britain. 1000s of migrants are waiting at Calias to get into the UK and 1000s more will land at the border in months to come.

How will Britain cope?

Well Britain has 64,000,000 people and there are 5000 at Calais

We have agreed to take 20,0000 over 5 years

I dont really have a view, but recognise we have international obligations which weve signed up to, to provide for refugees who seek asylum.

So in 5 years time that will be 1 in every 25,600 will be a new migrant. In 5 years time the war could be over and people returning.

You should look at the figures compared to other countries.

as people have said, in the short term all that will change is there will be a temporary rise in xenophobia as the racist media plays on the insecurities of an uninformed and scared public, the right wing will have some headlines to get all excited over and brown people all over Britain will be further targeted by hate attacks, but ultimately very little will change and most people will go about their business, getting on with each other fine.

people are acting as if this is the first migration that has every happened. the history of humanity (and indeed much of evolution) has been all about migration (after all, we are all migrants). people were scared when the jews were fleeing nazi germany and no one wanted to take them (i urge people to take a look at the headline from that time). now we honour those who helped them in films like schindler's list.
For now there's a rise in nationalism but nothing substantial will really happen beyond great annoyance and political face saving.

The time you should worry about is when the next big recession comes, importing over a million (largely Muslims) into Europe at that time will not go down well when people start losing their jobs en masse.
the Beakers arrived circa 2,500BC, the Celts arrived some time after that, the Romans arrived in 55BC, the Saxons arrived sometime after 400AD, the Vikings started coming in the 7th century, the Normans arrived in 11th century. These guys often came with armies and the intention of dominating the locals, and yet the British far right, most of whom could probably do with a history lesson, integrate this into part of their national identity. In contrast, the migrants arriving today are like "can i have some work please, i'll work for cheap", or alternatively "air strikes left my house in rubble, can i please live here?" and people are freaking the **** out as if the viking hordes are on the shore.
Fear leads to hatred and xenophobia. Guess that explains your islamophobic and xenophobic agenda on this forum, you cnt

What does Islamophobia actually mean?
The dictionary definition gives
'dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.'
well you see I dislike all religions which perhaps isn't surprising as I'm an Athiest, so by definition that makes me an islamophobic, yet, what is so wrong with that?
I've had plenty of debates with christians some of whom are also friends and family and the word christianophobia has never come up.

----
In terms of the thread title, there isn't actually much migrants coming Britain compared to it's population size.
I would love to see Britain become more secular yet I would not be in favor of turning back refugees because of their religious upbringing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Gotta admit tho, his comments are hilarious, especially the degenerate scum post. That was almost monty python comical.
Reply 37
Original post by tartanhandbag
the Beakers arrived circa 2,500BC, the Celts arrived some time after that, the Romans arrived in 55BC, the Saxons arrived sometime after 400AD, the Vikings started coming in the 7th century, the Normans arrived in 11th century. These guys often came with armies and the intention of dominating the locals, and yet the British far right, most of whom could probably do with a history lesson, integrate this into part of their national identity. In contrast, the migrants arriving today are like "can i have some work please, i'll work for cheap", or alternatively "air strikes left my house in rubble, can i please live here?" and people are freaking the **** out as if the viking hordes are on the shore.

People really don't care for this narrative. The liberal 'everyone is an immigrant' nonsense really doesn't have much impact. As you say, the last wave of 'migrants' came in the 11th century, one thousand years ago. Are you seriously suggesting that nearly 1,000 years of relative isolation (compared to today's standards) hasn't had an impact on overall British ethnicity? Why do British people look different Scandinavians, French people, the Dutch and Germans if we are all among us a random group of mongrels? There is even a marked difference between the British Home Nations and to deny this fact really is regressive and degenerate social engineering.

Regardless of that, British 'isolation' certainly has had an impact on our culture and national identity. Many of the migrants today simply don't hold European values, let alone British ones, and the arrival of these people into our societies is damaging to our social values and structure, the products of 1000 years of shared history, culture and stability.

By all means let's bring in the world's civilised people - The many people from the Commonwealth who've had a taste of British customs and concepts such as free speech, parliamentary democracy, common law, institutionalised fairness and the like. Indians, Nigerians, people from the Caribbean and of course the Australians, New Zealanders and Canadians. People who share our values.

There are a multitude of reason why people oppose the levels mass immigration we have seen in the 21st century. There are legitimate economic fears, concerns about national infrastructure and the like. The way in which many people, like yourself, immediately throw accusations of intolerance and even racism really is inappropriate and often times part a concerted effort to limit discussion. We can discuss the aspect of purported cultural intolerance in Europe to migrants however as it seems that you are alluding to it in your post.

Europe, whether for better or worse, is undoubtedly the continent home to the largest number of liberal and secular people and countries. Historical events such as the Enlightenment and the decline of religious fundamentalism paved the way for the flourishing of arts and sciences, the adoption of 'liberal' policies, the implementation of wide-reaching educational programs, the conception of modern charities - all the sorts of benign social systems that are lacking in the underdeveloped regions of the world.

Over the last few decades we have made great advancements in Womens' rights, LGBT rights, animal rights and environmental protection. These aren't trends that can continue however as we continue to import people who have beliefs fundamentally incompatible with the products of hundreds of years of advanced European civilisation.

Britain has been the most successful country in the world regarding modern multiculturalism. The Afro-Caribbean community, Sikh community, Hindu community, East Asian community and many others have mixed into British society comparatively well. This is because there isn't the fundamentalist, poisonous, fascistic and oppressive ideology of Islam preventing them from abandoning backwards customs in favour of civilised British and European societal norms.

We should never tolerate the barbarians of the Middle East and North Africa who continue to practice Female Genital Mutilation, domestic violence and slavery, beheading and stoning to death and the like. The news reports of mass beheadings, live burnings, rape of women and execution of minorities and homosexuals from Syria and the Middle East are bloodier than any tale of Viking raids on 9th century Britain.

It's a shame that the one organisation that could prevent the destruction of Europe in this manner is pressing for more migration from the backwards and degenerate regions of the Earth. That is why I shall be voting to leave the EU. It might be too late to save Europe but we can still save ourselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thatsrealtalk
Yeah, paying £thousands to escape the tropical hells that are Nigeria, Mali, Gambia, and Senegal is terrifying. They just think they can earn a lot more in Europe, stop lying.

Please which of these migrants are Nigerian? :lolwut:
The bulk of them are Arab and North African.
Get your facts right
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There was some thread a while back with a news article saying that some statisticians had estimated that Sweden would become a 3rd world country by 2035 and Swedish people would become a minority by 2040 based on the migrant crisis.

If they are right, then I fear for Sweden.

http://ww.rrojasdatabank.info/HDRP_2010_40.pdf

Please point out those things for me in the actual report

Quick Reply