The Student Room Group

WHAT DID YOU GET IN YEar 6 SATS?

Scroll to see replies

Three 5A's. :dance:
5a maths, 5b science, 4c English

Very indicative of my GCSE and A-level results.
Reply 82
Guessing that the piece of paper I vaguely remember is not in fact SAT results, this thread is making me curious...
Do you people all just remember this somehow or do you have folders of all your results from everything or what..
Original post by Dalek1099
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10839145/More-11-year-olds-being-entered-for-super-SATs-tests.html

Looks like the level 6 Sats were reintroduced in 2012 after being available a decade before that so when I did it they weren't available.I would have probably only been able to sit the Maths one and I'm not sure whether I would have been able to get it I did get a Level 6 on some Level 6 work I did but I had to work hard to get a 5a I got a 5b in the mock, I got 5c in English and Science in the mocks too so I improved by a sublevel in each in the real exams.

I have no idea if 5a was a thing when I did them but if it was then I definitely would have achieved 5a for all subjects. I may actually have all of that paperwork somewhere in my mum's loft, along with results from the various other tests and things I did at that age. It would be interesting to see it all again one day, but I suspect it has long since been disposed of.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Guessing that the piece of paper I vaguely remember is not in fact SAT results, this thread is making me curious...
Do you people all just remember this somehow or do you have folders of all your results from everything or what..

I think we were just given a piece of paper with them on on the way out one day. For some reason it's burned into my memory, even though it's meaningless.

Maybe it's also on your end of year report if by any chance you still have that.
5b-4a-4b I think
Maths-English-Science
Original post by ByronicHero
I have no idea if 5a was a thing when I did them but if it was then I definitely would have achieved 5a for all subjects. I may actually have all of that paperwork somewhere in my mum's loft, along with results from the various other tests and things I did at that age. It would be interesting to see it all again one day, but I suspect it has long since been disposed of.

You aren't told on the results what sub levels you got you usually find out from your Secondary School, who receive the results from your Primary School.I can't remember when I found out my English and Science sub levels though as I waited a while to find them out, I ended up convincing my Primary School to reveal my full Maths result though.
Reply 87
5A-5B-4B
Original post by im.a.witch
My secondary school took SATS way too seriously, put me in set 5 for maths. Even though I found it too easy they wouldn't move me up BECAUSE of my SATS results :frown:

There was quite a big problem in my school with little progression allowed in English, where a lot of people got stuck in set 2 due to poor Sats results for all of Secondary School(up to Y10 as the top two sets finished English then).One person managed to escape and get into the top set in Y10 but most didn't- this ridiculousness can be shown by the fact that I know one person got an A* in English Literature in the 2nd set, which makes no sense as the top set is like 20 people most of those not working at that level.The very best people were still in the top set like the only 2 people to get an A* in English Language were in the top set me and a girl.
I didn't do them in Trinidad but I got 80% in English, 97% in Maths and 20/20 in the Creative Writing task for my 11+.
There was quite a big problem in my school with little progression allowed in English, where a lot of people got stuck in set 2 due to poor Sats results for all of Secondary School(up to Y10 as the top two sets finished English then).One person managed to escape and get into the top set in Y10 but most didn't- this ridiculousness can be shown by the fact that I know one person got an A* in English Literature in the 2nd set, which makes no sense as the top set is like 20 people most of those not working at that level.The very best people were still in the top set like the only 2 people to get an A* in English Language were in the top set me and a girl.

Mine used CATs tests to put people in sets initially and then people moved up and down somewhat often.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

I got a piece of paper with 555 on I recently had that I think I only threw it out last year when my family had to get rid of a load of old stuff.As for the sublevels most people were made very clear of this in Y10/Y11 it would be on spreadsheets and data which you could see and I think they were put on a wall in my Maths class if I remember right, what sublevels you got affected your predicted grades.I think I only found out some of the sublevels in Y9/Y10.

I did end up convincing my Primary School teacher to give me my Maths results as I wasn't that happy to be just told I got 555(I got 555 in the mock and I revised hard to improve my sublevels and would have been shocked not to get 555).
Damn it was 2008, I got 2 5As and 1 5C
Mine used CATs tests to put people in sets initially and then people moved up and down somewhat often.

Yes I think this is the normal clever approach but for some reason this just didn't happen in English except for one person(who managed to move into the top set in Y10) the sets were pretty much fixed.I had a friend who messed up his English Sats got the idea of something wrong I think and then that meant they were stuck in the 2nd set forever.
4, 4, 5
English maths and science
I think the only reason I remember the levels is because I wasn't allowed to be in G & T (in secondary)because of it 😭
And I remember my teacher repeatedly emphasising how I got a level 5 in reading comprehension, maybe to make feel smarter..?
I was so oblivious in primary most of my days were spent cheating or intimidating the boys. (I was called t-Rex 😭😭)
A large eggfish
Yes I think this is the normal clever approach but for some reason this just didn't happen in English except for one person(who managed to move into the top set in Y10) the sets were pretty much fixed.I had a friend who messed up his English Sats got the idea of something wrong I think and then that meant they were stuck in the 2nd set forever.

Many schools consider SAT scores pretty useless due to variable teaching. I'm not convinced CAT tests (essentially IQ tests) are much better but ultimately people who are obviously in the wrong set will become clear fast enough either way. I was always top set for every subject so I'm not complaining.
Reply 98
5A 5A 5A BAM WOWZERS

Greatest achievement of my life.
Many schools consider SAT scores pretty useless due to variable teaching. I'm not convinced CAT tests (essentially IQ tests) are much better but ultimately people who are obviously in the wrong set will become clear fast enough either way. I was always top set for every subject so I'm not complaining.

I find this interesting as you could argue this for GCSEs and A Levels.What do most schools use if not the Sat tests? and yes you would think it would be pretty clear to tell a set 1 student from a set 5 student but a set 1 from a set 2?(this isn't that easy which might be why people got stuck in the wrong set they should have been moved over at the end of Y9 after some GCSE exams had been done but it only happened for one person).

Quick Reply

Latest