The Student Room Group

Student Help Assistance

So I'm currently applying for Student Finance and am about to submit my application (I haven't yet provided the documentation regarding the household income)
However before I submit the application, it mentions that I will receive a maintenance loan of £5,530? Is this the non-means assessed student loan?

Additionally, it mentions that for the higher amount, I can receive up to £5,372 yet I'm quite confused. On my Student Finance application, I mentioned that I wanted to move out for university (although haven't yet provided my term time address because I'm not entirely sure as of now). I'm living in London however I haven't yet provided any documentation regarding my household income. Additionally, on the Student Finance calculator, based on a rough estimate of my household income, it mentions that I could receive £10,702.

I'm really confused though, does this mean I can ONLY receive up to £5,372 regardless of my household income? Help me :frown:
Original post by Feraligatr
So I'm currently applying for Student Finance and am about to submit my application (I haven't yet provided the documentation regarding the household income)
However before I submit the application, it mentions that I will receive a maintenance loan of £5,530? Is this the non-means assessed student loan?

Additionally, it mentions that for the higher amount, I can receive up to £5,372 yet I'm quite confused. On my Student Finance application, I mentioned that I wanted to move out for university (although haven't yet provided my term time address because I'm not entirely sure as of now). I'm living in London however I haven't yet provided any documentation regarding my household income. Additionally, on the Student Finance calculator, based on a rough estimate of my household income, it mentions that I could receive £10,702.

I'm really confused though, does this mean I can ONLY receive up to £5,372 regardless of my household income? Help me :frown:

The two loans are in addition. Once your household income is assessed you'll know the exact full amounts. In the meantime the amounts shown are just to reassure you that you'll get somethings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending