The Student Room Group

Really depressed, my mocks went terribly

I did a core 1 mock and a core 2 mock today and they were horrendous :frown: Not to mention I did both of them in a 3 hour gap non stop, they went so badly... Why are A levels so difficult ?
Original post by RandomStudent420
I did a core 1 mock and a core 2 mock today and they were horrendous :frown: Not to mention I did both of them in a 3 hour gap non stop, they went so badly... Why are A levels so difficult ?

Everyone does bad in mocks it doesnt mean you will do bad in the real exams. You have that oppurtunity! Take it and do the best you can!
I agree. At least you know that you need to revise more now. Assuming you've gotten your papers back, maybe ask your teachers to go over the bits you especially messed up on :smile: Don't let it dishearten you too much.

I remember my maths mocks in C1 I did really bad. I knew I was better than that and I got so mad at my results I left the classroom and went to the library. I ended up doing well in the exam but if wasn't for the spark that mock result gave me to start my revision then I don't think I would've did as well.

Wallowing in self pity isn't going to do much, action is.

I suggest you close tsr and start revising, revising hard :biggrin:
They are meant to get your mistakes out.You havent done badly in the real thing so all to play for. work harder, be down in the dumps or whatever you like after.
Reply 5
Why is everyone throwing around the word 'depressed' so much.... No you're not depressed you're upset because you're lazy and won't do any work.

What grades are we talking about?
Original post by Abolant
Why is everyone throwing around the word 'depressed' so much.... No you're not depressed you're upset because you're lazy and won't do any work.

Everyone gets feelings of depression. It's an emotion. Clinical depression is something different, that's the mental illness. There's nothing wrong with using that word at all? They weren't suggesting they were clinically depressed :wink:

Plus: How do you know they didn't try? Sometimes exams just go badly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Everyone gets feelings of depression. It's an emotion. Clinical depression is something different, that's the mental illness. There's nothing wrong with using that word at all? They weren't suggesting they were clinically depressed :wink:

Plus: How do you know they didn't try? Sometimes exams just go badly.

OP is using depressed when he's just upset.....

If you put the work in then you should have no problems with exams.
Original post by Abolant
OP is using depressed when he's just upset.....

If you put the work in then you should have no problems with exams.

I did, its just my school gave me 4 mocks to do in the space of 2 days and I only had the half term to revise for it. I did 5 hours of revision per day for each of my subjects for a week and only went out twice in the space of three weeks.
I did, its just my school gave me 4 mocks to do in the space of 2 days and I only had the half term to revise for it. I did 5 hours of revision per day for each of my subjects for a week and only went out twice in the space of three weeks.

Y'know mocks are used to start getting you to revise as well, and it worked, so y'know, just keep revising leading up to your exams and ask your teachers for help with stuff you're struggling with in papers. You'll be fine.
Reply 11

Well you don't know how to revise properly then. If you think that's hard wait till you enter the real world and get a job.
I few people in my class got a D in the core 1 mock and then 100 ums in the real exam
Don't panic too much go over the topics you don't understand.

Quick Reply

Latest