The Student Room Group

A-Level Choice Struggles - Chemistry or Biology

I have to make my A-Level choices, and I don't know whether to take Biology or Chemistry. I am cuurantly sitting on a BB in Double Award Science. I want to take Psychology at University.

My other choices are; Religion, History and Drama ( as a Fourth Subject )

I personally find Chemistry much easier, but apparently it is very difficult at A-Level? Opinions?

Edit (I dont know if it's relevant? ) I completed my Maths and Performing Arts with A grades, I am predicted A* in Religion, A in History, Drama, English Lang and B in ICT ( v. bad teacher ), English Lit, Double Award
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nmeechan
I have to make my A-Level choices, and I don't know whether to take Biology or Chemistry. I am cuurantly sitting on a BB in Double Award Science. I want to take Psychology at University.

I personally find Chemistry much easier, but apparently it is very difficult at A-Level? Opinions?

Edit (I dont know if it's relevant? ) I completed my Maths and Performing Arts with A grades, I am predicted A* in Religion, A in History, Drama, English Lang and B in ICT ( v. bad teacher ), English Lit, Double Award

Why not do maths instead if you feel you ll only get a B in double science ?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Why not do maths instead if you feel you ll only get a B in double science ?

I dropped out of maths early at GCSE.. I just got Chemistry and Biology resit marks so I'm now sitting on an A
I dropped out of maths early at GCSE.. I just got Chemistry and Biology resit marks so I'm now sitting on an A

Oh i see, i would pick whichever one you get the better grade in your gcse or whichever you have the most interest in.

I do both subjects and whilst they are both hard they definitely draw on different strengths.

Chemistry is a lot of facts and a lot of work. You really need to understand it, but the exams are more predictable and for many questions they don't change.
Biology is more about learning the text book as you don't need to understand it too much and I find it easier to remember, but the exams can be very subjective and it can turn into a case of guessing what the examiner is thinking which can be a pain.

Feel free to ask me any more info if you need it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest