The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Hello. :sexface:

Spoiler

Hi. :innocent:
Thank you so much! My inbox is open if you wanted to discuss the subject matter further. :biggrin:

Original post by Lord Samosa
Subbed :bigsmile:

Aaaaaaaaah, am I dreaming?! YOU'RE ALIVE? Haven't seen you here in forever, hope you're well and thank you for the sub!
P.S digging the avatar, bhai! :biggrin:
Original post by Mochassassin
Thank you! :redface: :ahee:

Lmaoooo, #BengiSquad is going strong. :dance:

Ugh, tell me about it! They're just waiting until:
a) a girl graduates
b) a guy graduates + gets a high-paying job.

:rofl: I haven't been to a family wedding in over 4 years now. My Dad hates them too to be fair. My Mum and everyone else was expecting us to be at the latest one (her 3rd cousins from Milton Keynes :colonhash: ) And we mutually agreed to fabricate a story where we were absolutely swamped with business at my Dad's restaurant on a Sunday morning.

There was no swamp... I was on a train home. :ahee:

Original post by Slowbro93
See because of my dad's side of the family (not even my dad as such!), I should have already found a wife, and a house at this stage. The idea that I did a PhD is baffling them, but I don't think that the conversation about my non-religious ways and the fact that I'm bi won't end to well :hide:

So yes, I know the feeling when you attend weddings :hugs:

LOL this reminds me of the time I told my parents to think a little more critically about God and some basic psychological ideas like indoctrination. No word of a lie, he didn't say a thing in response and made me sit there with him and watch Zakir Naik for 3 hours straight :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi. :innocent:
Thank you so much! My inbox is open if you wanted to discuss the subject matter further. :biggrin:

You're welcome. And, with regards the subject matter, perhaps some other night. :smile:

(But I shall be following this blog very intently. :ninja:

[scroll] :ninja: [/scroll]
[scrollr] :ninja: [/scrollr]
)
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
:rofl: I haven't been to a family wedding in over 4 years now. My Dad hates them too to be fair. My Mum and everyone else was expecting us to be at the latest one (her 3rd cousins from Milton Keynes :colonhash: ) And we mutually agreed to fabricate a story where we were absolutely swamped with business at my Dad's restaurant on a Sunday morning.

LOL this reminds me of the time I told my parents to think a little more critically about God and some basic psychological ideas like indoctrination. No word of a lie, he didn't say a thing in response and made me sit there with him and watch Zakir Naik for 3 hours straight :colonhash:

This sounds like the time that they decided (this time on my mum's side) to take me to church for 7 bloody hours one time! I just didn't get it, I was like :erm: :lolwut: and :colonhash: all at the same time ...
he didn't say a thing in response and made me sit there with him and watch Zakir Naik for 3 hours straight :colonhash:

:afraid:

How did you retain your sanity? :eek: I can barely sit through the ten-minute YouTube videos with titles like 'atheist girl asks stupid question and argues, Dr. Zakir Naik gives powerful reply.' :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
You're welcome. And, with regards the subject matter, perhaps some other night. :smile:

(But I shall be following this blog very intently. :ninja:

[scroll] :ninja: [/scroll]
[scrollr] :ninja: [/scrollr]
)

Yeah, ofc, whenever you wanted. :smile:
(And thanks! :hugs:)

:rofl:

Oh my God, don't get me started on Zakir Naik.
Friggin' Peace TV. :rofl:
The one time I even hinted at questioning the Quran, my mum FLIPPED. Kept frantically asking me why I was speaking like a disbeliever.
Shame I couldn't answer by saying, "Because I am a disbeliever". :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
:afraid:

How did you retain your sanity? :eek: I can barely sit through the ten-minute YouTube videos with titles like 'atheist girl asks stupid question and argues, Dr. Zakir Naik gives powerful reply.' :rofl:

I spent the time breaking down all of his arguments in my head. It got a little boring though since the same fallacies come up repeatedly :redface: Of course at the end of it I was reborn, never again shall I doubt what has been taught for over a millennium :colonhash:
Reply 47
I never really understand these blogs. :s-smilie: The English is strange and I don't get the meaning/purpose of the text - or perhaps there isn't any? :confused:

I've now decided to google this guy. Oh god.

Aaaaaaaaah, am I dreaming?! YOU'RE ALIVE? Haven't seen you here in forever, hope you're well and thank you for the sub!
P.S digging the avatar, bhai! :biggrin:

Oh wow, okay

Spoiler

Friggin' Peace TV. :rofl:

Broadcast in Urdu and English! Monthly audience of 100 million in 2 000 countries, dontchaknow! :borat:

:lol:
Original post by slowbro93
i've now decided to google this guy. Oh god.

DON'T. Slowbro. Stop. Dude. STOP.
DON'T GO OVER TO THE DARK SIDE.
Original post by Hydeman
Broadcast in Urdu and English! Audience of 100 million in 2 000 countries, dontchaknow! :borat:

:lol:

What I didn't know wouldn't have hurt me. But this figure hurts. :rofl:
Original post by Josb
I never really understand these blogs. :s-smilie: The English is strange and I don't get the meaning/purpose of the text - or perhaps there isn't any? :confused:

Don't worry. It's not for the French to understand. :console:

What I didn't know wouldn't have hurt me. But this figure hurts. :rofl:

I was taking the mickey out of Naik's shameless self-promotion during his 'lectures.' :tongue:
DON'T. Slowbro. Stop. Dude. STOP.
DON'T GO OVER TO THE DARK SIDE.

Too late, his arguments are really scaring me ... He's going on about the fact evolution doesn't exist and not he's getting mad at this stage ...

(I should be working and yet this guy is keeping me up )
Original post by Josb

Sorry, what do you mean? :redface:

Too late, his arguments are really scaring me ... He's going on about the fact evolution doesn't exist and not he's getting mad at this stage ...

(I should be working and yet this guy is keeping me up )

Oh no. THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR YOU YET. You got thiiiiis. Quitquitquit!
I've now decided to google this guy. Oh god.

If you come out of it sounding fresh I'm dropping the disclaimer RIGHT HERE :colonhash:
Reply 57

If I sum up the text: it starts with reaching the centre of the Earth, then switches to 50 Shades of Grey, Shia Leboeuf, and concludes on an existential crisis. :confused:

You didn't even make a proper introduction, for a literature student, that's pretty bad. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Oh no. THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR YOU YET. You got thiiiiis. Quitquitquit!

If you come out of it sounding fresh I'm dropping the disclaimer RIGHT HERE :colonhash:

Ended up watching a video on why men and women sit in a particular order, I'm so confused with everything ...

Time to call quits for sure!
Original post by Josb
If I sum up the text: it starts with reaching the centre of the Earth, then switches to 50 Shades of Grey, Shia Leboeuf, and concludes on an existential crisis. :confused:

You didn't even make a proper introduction, for a literature student, that's pretty bad. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I explicitly said what the aim of this blog was in the first post.
And I didn't realise there were specific guidelines for writing blogs, since this isn't even a proper blog site like Wordpress? As far as I've seen, everyone's blogs on here are varied and different, which means there's something for everyone.
I'm sure there are more academic/essay style blogs for you to read if you can't follow my snappy writing style. :smile:

Latest