The Student Room Group

Visiting family during term time

During term time, how often would you like to visit your family and loved ones if you lived away from home? :wink:

- Occasionally weekends
- Occasionally weekdays
- Only during holiday period
- Whenever feel like it
- Never
I went home every other weekend in first year, been home twice this year
I only ever go back to where I grow up during the holidays and even then a week is far too long. I hate where I come from and I hope to never return once I graduate. I will never consider that place "home"
I only went back during holidays but it was always my plan for my uni city to become my home anyway.
Me too, It's a drag going back and there is nothing you can do about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have never gone home during term time. In first year my parents visited mid-term in first and second term, though not third, and in second year (current) I've not had anyone visit during term. This is due to two things - it's a 3 hour drive between home and my uni town, so they'd have to stay the night really, and also I'm way too busy during term to be able to sacrifice a whole day or two.
Never.

I don't go back in the holidays either as I consider myself fully moved out now (living with boyfriend etc). I visited for four days just before Christmas but that's the only time I've been back since August. I live 8 hours away, it's quite a trek.
Reply 7
I go home maybe two or three times a semester. My uni is 90 miles away from home, so sometimes my parents come up to visit me for a couple of hours.
Original post by Jackieox
I went home every other weekend in first year, been home twice this year

Is that because you now have more coursework to do in your second year or perhaps you have met new friends so prefer to stay at university? :colondollar:
Original post by super_kawaii
I only ever go back to where I grow up during the holidays and even then a week is far too long. I hate where I come from and I hope to never return once I graduate. I will never consider that place "home"

And where are you from, may I ask? There must be something good about this place?
Original post by Study Inn Group
And where are you from, may I ask? There must be something good about this place?

I'm at Edge Hill Uni, about an hour and a half to get home, I was going home every weekend to see my boyfriend but now he's here so I dont need to go home =P
Original post by Study Inn Group

I'm from a tiny town in the South East. There's honestly nothing good about it at all. It's the vilest place on earth
its fine to visit family :smile: i used to go every 2 weeks for football until i got banned XD now theres no reason to go home, so i generally just go whenever there is a end of term or family event i need to attend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending