The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University Firmers?

Anybody firm city university? Are you planning to live in accommodation or at home?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have also applied for City university London for adult nursing september course, just waiting for interview to take place. If i do get a place, i am thinking of moving to London as I am from Kent but i have no idea where to move...or know anyone who would too.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
I've been made an offer at Cass Business School ( a part of City Uni) and I'm going to firm it!

I will be commuting from home though!
Original post by sookixx
Hi I have also applied for City university London for adult nursing september course, just waiting for interview to take place. If i do get a place, i am thinking of moving to London as I am from Kent but i have no idea where to move...or know anyone who would too.

Look on their website for the student accommodation there are different areas you could live in. Once you move there you'll probably be able to make new friends quickly.
I have firmed city university for Child Nursing, and I also will be commuting from home, however I'm still open to the idea of moving out and living in accommodation or a shared house.
Reply 5
I firmed for Midwifery! very excited to start in September, will stay at home as its cheaper but dreading the long commute.
Reply 6
Original post by legolas_09
I've been made an offer at Cass Business School ( a part of City Uni) and I'm going to firm it!

I will be commuting from home though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course did you apply for? I firmed City for Banking and International Finance.
Reply 7
Anyone received many emails from the uni? I only got the offer email and what i need to do next for Midwifery (reference, bursary etc) I guess I want more info about september, bit over excited over here lol
Original post by miroca
Anyone received many emails from the uni? I only got the offer email and what i need to do next for Midwifery (reference, bursary etc) I guess I want more info about september, bit over excited over here lol

You'll start to get more emails nearer to the time around july/august :smile:
Original post by miroca

I haven't gotten any emails for that but I've already began to fill out my NHS bursary form and my student finance. Seeming as though the deadline for student finance is 27th May I wouldn't wait till July to get that done!
Reply 10
Original post by chxma
I haven't gotten any emails for that but I've already began to fill out my NHS bursary form and my student finance. Seeming as though the deadline for student finance is 27th May I wouldn't wait till July to get that done!

I got my student finance sorted and now just waiting for NHS bursary to be approved it takes ages apparently, whereas sfe was submitted and approved super quick. Do you think us midwifery/nursing students will be called in for the health check thingy before september or when term starts?
Original post by miroca
I got my student finance sorted and now just waiting for NHS bursary to be approved it takes ages apparently, whereas sfe was submitted and approved super quick. Do you think us midwifery/nursing students will be called in for the health check thingy before september or when term starts?

I have no idea about that, but I thought student finance needed the NHS Bursary form as evidence to be completed? And with the NHS Bursary is that just covering the £9,000 to the uni a year or is it the 9k and money for us??

I'm really confused about the whole process tbh
Reply 12
Original post by chxma
I have no idea about that, but I thought student finance needed the NHS Bursary form as evidence to be completed? And with the NHS Bursary is that just covering the £9,000 to the uni a year or is it the 9k and money for us??

I'm really confused about the whole process tbh

Well you can do the student finance stuff before the bursary is approved.fill the online form, sign the declaration when they send it to you and it should all be approved. I didnt need to send them any proof of bursary as its all pending. Maybe they have a way to know we applied for it? Or maybe its linked to Ucas? I assume nursing is similar to Midwifery in terms of funding so it would be reduced rate loan which is around 3k and the bursary we receive around 6k, since the course its covered by nhs we dont need to apply for tuition fee loan or anything like that.
I've firmed City for Diagnostic Radiography! I'm really excited!

I live in the north so commuting is not an option for me. I'm going to be staying in halls but I'm worried that I won't be able to cover the costs with my bursary and maintenance loan so I'm just going to work and save up as much as possible over the summer
Original post by nor4o
Posted from TSR Mobile

What course did you apply for? I firmed City for Banking and International Finance.

Pure Finance
Reply 15
Has anyone had the email to with the link to apply for accommodation?

I swapped city from my insurance to my firm choice a few days ago and so I haven't had any emails at all from them, whereas my firm has been regularly sending stuff out since I firmed them in December - I have an email and user area with them etc

Feeling like there's a pretty good chance that it'll be forgotten since everyone else will choose City as their firm the first time round and get loads of automated stuff sent to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drew48
Has anyone had the email to with the link to apply for accommodation?

I swapped city from my insurance to my firm choice a few days ago and so I haven't had any emails at all from them, whereas my firm has been regularly sending stuff out since I firmed them in December - I have an email and user area with them etc

Feeling like there's a pretty good chance that it'll be forgotten since everyone else will choose City as their firm the first time round and get loads of automated stuff sent to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I got the email on 7th April, all the information you can find on the email is in this page http://www.city.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/accommodation
They basically just posted links to it in the email. Don't hold your breath for any more emails or anything soon though, they seem to be pretty rubbish at communication. The only other emails I've received was an invitation to New Delhi (by accident) and an email apologising for that email. They say they'll be contacting us in the next few months.
I've firmed city for psychology and I've applied got accommodation but I haven't heard anything back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherub-ody
I've firmed city for psychology and I've applied got accommodation but I haven't heard anything back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

hellos
I am georgian girl. have just received an offer from city- psychology. as a non-eu student i will have to spend a loot during my studies there.
i hesitate a loot. afraid of wasting my time and money there.
any advice would be so much useful form me from you.
looking forward to your answer.
thanks
liza
I have firmed City for (diagnostic) radiography too 🎉🎉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending