The Student Room Group

40 days to 4As

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zenzation
Pretty much the same, I watch videos also as more than 20 mins in revision guide gets me bored and unmotivated lol however I can literally spend 8 hours on youtube videos, haven't got round to past papers yet but just need to finish content first, haven't even started biology.. RIP

That sounds good, I'm in the same boat for biology but the thing is if we just spend time learning it it'll be okay as it's no challenging concepts to learn, it's just so long though urgh
Original post by Bruce267099
I absolutely hate it, right alongside economics. It has such boring content, i don't pay attention to anything i learn, but i still want an A in it. :tongue:

I'm sure you can get it
Anyway guys I'm going to get a couple hours of revision under my belt and I'll update this tomorrow at around 23:55, thanks for the responses, has been reassuring and motivating and good luck to everyone else :P We can do this.
GoOD LuCK BRo
35 for me lol
Hi, first of all I'd just like to say you're not alone!
Like yourself I'm also doing three sciences and maths. I started revising 'properly' 2 weeks ago however have already seen what I'd like to think is a solids grades worth of progress in each subject over this period. This was with 5 hours a day average over the last 2 weeks (had 3 days a week where I would do very little revison and and go out for a change of scenery and the other days were 6-8 hours of work. Bearing in mind that this was during the holidays.) I'm quite sure that in over a month we can get 4 As as long as we revise smart and stay focused on the goal at hand. As for doing 100 hours per subject, thats on average 10 hours a day, does this include around 5 hours of in school learnign each school day? But yes, I believe it will be more than long enough as long as you revise smart!
Reply 46
Original post by banterlona222
good luck we can do this, but why only 20 days?

Resits and empa task three! :P
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
GoOD LuCK BRo

thanks man
Original post by mariam687
35 for me lol

same but thats C1 only, main bunch for me later on lol
Original post by Azza_Gold
Hi, first of all I'd just like to say you're not alone!
Like yourself I'm also doing three sciences and maths. I started revising 'properly' 2 weeks ago however have already seen what I'd like to think is a solids grades worth of progress in each subject over this period. This was with 5 hours a day average over the last 2 weeks (had 3 days a week where I would do very little revison and and go out for a change of scenery and the other days were 6-8 hours of work. Bearing in mind that this was during the holidays.) I'm quite sure that in over a month we can get 4 As as long as we revise smart and stay focused on the goal at hand. As for doing 100 hours per subject, thats on average 10 hours a day, does this include around 5 hours of in school learnign each school day? But yes, I believe it will be more than long enough as long as you revise smart!

I really hope we can, and this excludes school hours but includes frees and maybe some lessons will be bunked so i can revise more :wink:. good luck and thankjs
Update:
Day 1: A whole day of C2 past paper questions :angry:, have come to the realisation that I won't need 90 more hours for maths.
Maths: 10/100 hours done
Biology: 0/100 hours done
Chem: 0/100 hours done
Phy: 0/100 hours done
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by soLit
Resits and empa task three! :P

ah i see, 20 days of sweating it out then :wink: good luck
Reply 52
Good Luck bruh
This is a thread just for my own motivation which will be updated everyday before I sleep.
From tomorrow there will be 40 days till my exams(excluding C1).
I will put in 100 hours minimum for each subject.
I will get the grades I need so I can get the predicted grades I need to get into medicine.
Currently working at:
- Maths C1:A C2:B M1:B
- Chemistry A/B in one unit, not started revising the other so probably a C overall
- Biology probably an E as haven't done any revision for it
- Physics A in one unit and have not started revising the other so probably a C overall

Day 1: A whole day of C2 past paper questions :angry:, have come to the realisation that I won't need 90 more hours for maths.
Maths: 10/100 hours done
Biology: 0/100 hours done
Chem: 0/100 hours done
Phy: 0/100 hours done

you can do your 400 hours in 17 days minimum, only if you don't sleep and take no breaks. Basically 24/7 :redface:.
Original post by HeimIX
Good Luck bruh

Thank you g
Original post by Asad_2015
you can do your 400 hours in 17 days minimum, only if you don't sleep and take no breaks. Basically 24/7 :redface:.

haha i wish :colondollar:
Update: Day 2
A tiring day of learning biology flashcards, covered about 25% of the course which isn't too bad. If I can cover all of it in 40 hours I'll have around 60 hours to do past papers or shall I do it as I go along? Currently nothing more is going in and I feel if I sleep now I can fit an extra hour in tomorrow rather than be tired in the morning.
Maths: 10/100 hours
Biology: 9/100 hours
Physics:0/100 hours
Chem: 0/100 hours
Reply 57
4 As is very possible :wink: Best of luck!
Original post by elen90
4 As is very possible :wink: Best of luck!

Thanks a lot :h:
haha i wish :colondollar:

im kind same position as you tbf :P expect I'm doing 5 XD

Quick Reply

Latest