The Student Room Group

What is your learning style? (Quiz)

Scroll to see replies

Visual 3

Aural 3

Read/Write 11

Kinesthetic 6

Kind of what I expected because that is how I've revised from the start although I do use Kinesthetic to explain complex processes simplistically.
It's so interesting to see all the different ways people learn, and how nearly everyone has agreed with their results.
Got bored

I think my learning style is impatient
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Got bored

I think my learning style is impatient

Definitely should be an option...
You have a multimodal learning preference.

Visual 7
Aural 8
Read/Write 12
Kinesthetic 6
image.png

When learning, I do prefer to 'absorb' the information & ask questions. When revsing, I make notes & ask more questions, then do questions on top of it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Visual - 6
Aural - 9
Read/Write - 11
Kinaesthetic - 10

Bit of a mixed bag really - although there's no way I'm kinaesthetic!!
Read/Write I knew was going to be high anyway, as well as aural. I need to start incorporating these into my revision as all I do currently is write notes out whilst listening to music!
Reply 27
I'm sure the styles of learning theory has been debunked. You need to use all types to be successful, no matter how 'weak' you are in one of the areas.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Visual - 6
Aural - 9
Read/Write - 11
Kinaesthetic - 10

Bit of a mixed bag really - although there's no way I'm kinaesthetic!!
Read/Write I knew was going to be high anyway, as well as aural. I need to start incorporating these into my revision as all I do currently is write notes out whilst listening to music!

It definitely might be a good idea to mix it up a bit to incorporate a few more revision styles! It might be a good idea to write out some of your notes onto revision cards so then you can test yourself?
Visual - 13
Aural - 6
Read/Write - 7
Kinaesthetic - 10

Very mixed, which sums me up. Although, I'm not a big fan of making mind maps, (what other visual revision strategies are there?)
I seem to mostly read and write during revision. They seem to be most comfortable for me. Also, what kinaesthetic revision examples are there?
I don't even know why I bothered with this..

You have a mild read/write learning preference.

Visual 9

Aural 8

Read/Write 15

Kinesthetic 10

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ishan_2000
Visual - 13
Aural - 6
Read/Write - 7
Kinaesthetic - 10

Very mixed, which sums me up. Although, I'm not a big fan of making mind maps, (what other visual revision strategies are there?)
I seem to mostly read and write during revision. They seem to be most comfortable for me. Also, what kinaesthetic revision examples are there?

I think some other visual ways of learning are associating drawings or pictures with your revision, and also using colour coding (I did both of these in my revision). I'm not so sure about kinaesthetic though! Making models and interacting with your studying - I can imagine that's helpful in scientific subjects.

Visual 6

Aural 8

Read/Write 5

Kinesthetic 8

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VARK)
Like most people i had a mix of all of them...

Visual 5
Aural 3
Read/Write 6
Kinaesthetic 3

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VR)
Reply 34
11-reading and writing
5-aural
4-visual
4-kinesthetic
My results were:

Visual - 6
Aural - 4
Read/Write - 9
Kinesthetic - 10

I definitely agree with this. My attention span when it comes to listening is terrible. For examples in lectures in classes that just involve me listening and writing down, I've zoned out after about 15 minutes. I'm better with visual. Seeing something (especially if it's very colourful) does stick in my memory more and keeps my attention for a while. But I do eventually zone out because my mind ends up elsewhere, especially if I see something that I can associate strongly with something else in the past.

I learn best through doing something and can keep my attention on one thing for ages if I am actually doing something. A lot of my revision comes through writing, using flashcards etc. I love reading and can be engaged in a good book for hours and the same sort of applies to textbooks, though they are more likely to keep my attention if they look interesting (well they need to look interesting to get me to read it in the first place).

All in all, very accurate :biggrin:
Visual 12
Aural 6
Read/Write 5
Kinesthetic 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fox Corner
I think some other visual ways of learning are associating drawings or pictures with your revision, and also using colour coding (I did both of these in my revision). I'm not so sure about kinaesthetic though! Making models and interacting with your studying - I can imagine that's helpful in scientific subjects.

I guess I do use different colours for specific terminology or important words, but other than that, no colour at all. I don't really draw many pictures during revision, however I do look at pictures and videos to understand concepts sometimes.
Yeah, I guess kinaesthetic is also difficult to do sometimes at home with limited resources. I think I'll stick to visual and read/write, which seem to be working for me atm.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Visual 13

Aural 12

Read/Write 16

Kinesthetic 13

I think whatever method I prefer really depends on what I'm learning... :beard:

this is true cause when u r doin an exam it doesn't matter what you are :cool:

Visual 4

Aural 4

Read/Write 8

Kinesthetic 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending