The Student Room Group

Feminist bake sale ends in rape and death threats?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
smh
I'd just march up to them, identify as a woman, if they said no i'd accuse them of being against LGBT and then sue them.
It's ironic that for something that was held at a university, none of them researched the topic.

Having said that, to threaten someone with rape simply because they are selling cupcakes is outrageous. If someone is being ignorant, you should laugh at them and walk away; not threaten to kill and/or sexually abuse them.
Original post by Aceadria
It's ironic that for something that was held at a university, none of them researched the topic.

Having said that, to threaten someone with rape simply because they are selling cupcakes is outrageous. If someone is being ignorant, you should laugh at them and walk away; not threaten to kill and/or sexually abuse them.

Fruitcakes
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Fruitcakes

Sorry, not catching your drift here.
Original post by Aceadria
Sorry, not catching your drift here.

Pun. It's an insult meaning insane, this thread is about cakes, and it's also sometimes used as gay slang.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Pun. It's an insult meaning insane, this thread is about cakes, and it's also sometimes used as gay slang.

I see.
Okay. So what the bake sale was based on was wrong. It was based around charging one gender more than another gender and treating genders differently is by definition sexist.

But you know what I hate worse than sexism?

Rape. And death. Like I would much rather someone make a disparaging comment about men than to rape or kill me.

Men's Rights Activists make some good points. They have definitely pointed out a hypocrisy in the conversation about sexism. Great. But you know what hurts their cause more than anything?

Guys like that. If this was about a bunch of guys saying they walked up and said they identified as left-handed, lesbian Micmac Indian lawyers and demanded free baked goods in an attempt to point out the hypocrisy and lack of internal consistency in the opposing beliefs, I'd have highfived them and laughed at their clearly more defensible position.

But until an MRA bake sale receives rape and death threats for any sexist acts, I've gotta say that this particular group of feminists were in the right here. Their bake sale was ill-conceived, but being offered expensive baked goods is not worse than having someone threaten to kill and sexually violate me.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Okay. So what the bake sale was based on was wrong. It was based around charging one gender more than another gender and treating genders differently is by definition sexist.

Rape. And death. Like I would much rather someone make a disparaging comment about men than to rape or kill me.

Men's Rights Activists make some good points. They have definitely pointed out a hypocrisy in the conversation about sexism. Great. But you know what hurts their cause more than anything?

Guys like that. If this was about a bunch of guys saying they walked up and said they identified as left-handed, lesbian Micmac Indian lawyers and demanded free baked goods in an attempt to point out the hypocrisy and lack of internal consistency in the opposing beliefs, I'd have highfived them and laughed at their clearly more defensible position.

But until an MRA bake sale receives rape and death threats for any sexist acts, I've gotta say that this particular group of feminists were in the right here. Their bake sale was ill-conceived, but being offered expensive baked goods is not worse than having someone threaten to kill and sexually violate me.

They're out of line.

I had been queuing for ages.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Stupid sale. Even stupider people making threats like that.
Original post by ThatOldGuy

The threats are mostly from trolls, you should know that.
That was the point. It was a stunt you imbeciles. Whether or not it exists the whole point was to raise awareness of a gender wage gap these feminists think exists via the medium of cakes costing more if you are a man. :s-smilie:. I guess a cake sale infringes upon the professionally offended's safe spaces.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes it's a moronic cake sale, but what prompts someone to be so angry as to threaten rape and murder? Utterly bizarre and disturbing.
Original post by tengentoppa
Yes it's a moronic cake sale, but what prompts someone to be so angry as to threaten rape and murder? Utterly bizarre and disturbing.

Trolls, mostly.

Some people get kicks out of it.
I speak as a feminist when I say... What a stupid idea. That would undoubtedly get people's backs up, and it did. Which is probably their intention, they probably wanted people to react so aggressively, in order to further their point.

Not that rape threats are acceptable though, those caught should be suspended. A stupid idea doesn't justify threats of rape and violence.
Reply 16
Stupid idea. Will these feminists ever learn? :facepalm2:
Original post by Dodgypirate
The threats are mostly from trolls, you should know that.

And that somehow justifies it does it?
Original post by Twinpeaks
And that somehow justifies it does it?

It doesn't.

Don't get triggered.
Original post by Dodgypirate
It doesn't.

Don't get triggered.

Incorrect usage of the word triggered there love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending