The Student Room Group

University Not Responded

I've got four out of five offers. The one that hasn't responded yet is the one that I want to go to... Should I drop them an e-mail and remind them that I still exist and it is cruel for 2 months to have elapsed without them having given me any idea of what is going on after the interview which I thought went pretty good because the lady said you would do very good here but cmon if she really meant that she would have like i dont know given me an offer by now why is this taking so long.
Contact them if you like but be prepared to be told they will tell you when they've made their decision. You may get a better idea of when you might hear but I personally wouldn't bother.
Original post by ByronicHero
Contact them if you like but be prepared to be told they will tell you when they've made their decision. You may get a better idea of when you might hear but I personally wouldn't bother.

but what if they have forgotten about me. what happens if the deadline passes and they've neither rejected or accepted me
Is there a deadline they've given you (maybe on the uni website?) stating when you'll hear back after the interview? If not, I believe the deadline of which the uni must respond is in May anyway, so worst case scenario it's just one more month of wait (yeah I know it's cruel, I waited months too). Try to not think about it at all, the email will eventually come, and not getting a rejection immediately means they're still considering you, which is good!
Original post by undisputed_2013
but what if they have forgotten about me. what happens if the deadline passes and they've neither rejected or accepted me

They won't forget about you, but if deadlines loom feel free to contact them.

If you are concerned give them a call. They will be used to it.
Original post by undisputed_2013
I've got four out of five offers. The one that hasn't responded yet is the one that I want to go to... Should I drop them an e-mail and remind them that I still exist and it is cruel for 2 months to have elapsed without them having given me any idea of what is going on after the interview which I thought went pretty good because the lady said you would do very good here but cmon if she really meant that she would have like i dont know given me an offer by now why is this taking so long.

You have no idea how they operate so don't be impatient with them. Just ring and ask when they will be making a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending