The Student Room Group

Females - I like a girl & I'm a girl.

I like a girl, she's a friend of mine and we are at college. She knows I am gay but doesn't seem to know that I like her.

... - She has a double barrel first name and she doesn't mind just being called the first part of it as she is foreign so it is easier on them, everyone including classmates, family and friends call her that. But I always and only call her by her full first name - she said she loves how I am the only one who does it.- I messaged her one day telling her that I went on a drive earlier, saw a rainbow and it made me think of you, so I took photographs and wrote you a poem. I sent her it and she was really happy (not a romance poem)- We speak for hours every other day/few times a week online, but strangely she doesn't speak to me in person (nor do I, but only because I am shy..)- I bake a lot as a hobby, and I bring her something often like a slice of cake or a muffin which she always appreciates. One time I slipped the container in her bag without her noticing and later she messaged me telling me how she really appreciated the brownie, and it was the highlight of her day.
- We speak about the future, love & relationships etc as friends do, now prior to me coming out I always referred to my future girlfriend/wife as 'they' or 'partner' - & strangely she only says partner and uses the pronoun 'they' when talking of her future partner - why would she unless she was not sure of her sexuality?

If a gay female friend was this way to you, would you have any indication that they like you or not at all? I'm unsure if I should just tell her and risk the friendship, or give up because there is nothing there?
Just throw a hypothetical, would you find it weird if I liked you? It's that simple.
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure I would pick up on it.

What country is she from?

Also I think you should just risk it and tell her only because you don't talk in real life so it would be less awkward.
Reply 3
Best thing would be to find out if she's gay. Try talking about crushes and then ask her if she's had any crush? And does she prefer males or females? :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by aarora
I'm pretty sure I would pick up on it.

What country is she from?

Also I think you should just risk it and tell her only because you don't talk in real life so it would be less awkward.

She was born here but is originally from Hong Kong :smile:
& She is also in my college classes so I do see her around every day, but we talk so much online just not in real life because I find it hard to approach her because she has her group of friends.
Reply 5
Original post by BWV1007
Best thing would be to find out if she's gay. Try talking about crushes and then ask her if she's had any crush? And does she prefer males or females? :tongue:

I agree. I have tried by talking about them and she has had crushes but she only uses gender-neutral pronouns 'They' and talking about the future she'd say 'Partner' rather than just saying boyfriend or husband if she were straight. Confusing. I wish I was not shy and could just ask upfront.
There is no point telling her if you cant even talk to her in person
Let us know when you are at the point of having sex together and give us a nice description yeah?
Reply 8
Original post by LiquidGold
There is no point telling her if you cant even talk to her in person

I do but only when she is on her own or with one other person, then we talk quite a bit in person. I don't really enjoy talking in large groups which is why I don't get much chance to do it.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
She was born here but is originally from Hong Kong :smile:
& She is also in my college classes so I do see her around every day, but we talk so much online just not in real life because I find it hard to approach her because she has her group of friends.

The majority of Asian girls that I've come across are usually very polite that's why she may not have picked up on it, or maybe she has I guess but she's just being nice about it/she feels the same way.

Just tell her but not in an intense way.. just be like casually "I feel like I like you more than a friend" and see what she says..
Original post by Anonymous
I agree. I have tried by talking about them and she has had crushes but she only uses gender-neutral pronouns 'They' and talking about the future she'd say 'Partner' rather than just saying boyfriend or husband if she were straight. Confusing. I wish I was not shy and could just ask upfront.

lol That is super annoying. Try and be straightforward about it - "hey have you found a boy that's hot?" or "was your crush a hot boy?". She might actually be bisexual if she keeps using "they"... but I can't be sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending